Oh, I'm sorry.
对不起
Don't mind. Don't be afraid.
没关系,别怕
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
对不起,对不起,对不起
I won't hurt you.
我不会伤害你的
Mama!
妈咪
We're on edge here as it is.
你这样吓到我们了
I'm sorry.
对不起
It's not comfortable to sleep with.
戴上面具不太好睡
Mama.
妈咪
I'm sorry.
对不起
He said he had to make water
他说他要小解
and if I didn't pull over,
如果我不让他去
he'd do it right there in his trousers on the car seat.
他就要尿裤子了
You should have let him.
随他尿裤子啊
Nelson.
尼尔森
I had to go myself, sir.
我自己也要小解
It's almost four hours' drive to Manhattan.
去曼哈顿有近四个小时车程
I'd had several cups of coffee.
我喝了几杯咖啡
I stopped the car, relieved myself,
停车后,我就去小解
then unlocked Winslow's handcuffs.
然后把温斯洛的手铐也解开了
In other words, you dispensed with protocol.
换句话说,你这是擅自行动
To not do so would have meant
要是不这样
unbuttoning his trousers and
他解不开裤子
And touching his J ohnson with your fingers.
还会让你帮他把尿是吧
Yes sir.
是的长官
So in service to your own modesty,
你为了自己的面子
you ended up killing our witness.
就把证人打死了
You will not be told again, Nelson.
最后一次警告你,尼尔森
Nothing in his demeanor
从他的言语中
led me to believe that he'd attack me, sir.
感觉不到他要袭击我的意思,长官
The man was a felon.
他可是重犯
You got anything else to say?
还有什么要交代的
I know I fouled up,
我知道我搞砸了
but killing that prisoner...
但是杀死一名罪犯
it'll haunt me for the rest of my days.
我这辈子都不会忘记这件事
You acted in selfdefense. You've been exonerated.
你也是出于自卫,是无罪的
Take a week's leave, get some rest.
休一个礼拜的假吧
Yes, sir.
是,长官
Thank you, sir.
谢谢长官
That is all.
没你的事了
Have you any idea, Nelson,
尼尔森,你知道
the embarrassment
这个窘境
this incident has brought upon the department?
这次意外带给我们部门怎样的恶果吗
I take full responsibility for Winslow's death, sir.
我为温斯洛的死负全责,长官
That's fine, Nelson,
没错,尼尔森
because that's precisely where I place the blame.
我正要责备你
I told you I wanted numbers, arrests relating to alcohol.
跟你说了我要,与酒相关的数据和人
Winslow's confession is a direct link to Nucky Thompson.
温斯洛的供词直接指证努基·汤普森
Winslow is dead. His confession is useless hearsay.
温斯洛已死,他的证词已无济于事
I'll have another crack at Darmody.
达莫迪也可以指证
Darmody has been released for lack of evidence.
证据不足,达莫迪已被释放了
Thompson's lawyers are swarming like hornets.
汤普森的律师都蜂拥而至
He committed murder on a direct order from Nucky Thompson.
他受努基·汤普森之命,实施了谋杀
For god's sakes, man, you have bungled this from the start!
我的老天爷,你从一开始就在乱搞
This is your last chance, Nelson.
尼尔森,给你最后一次机会
One more misstep and you'll be
别再犯错,你就去
hunting moonshiners down in the everglades.
大沼泽里找酒贩子吧
Don't stop.
你继续
There's coffee.
咖啡煮好了
Your mother took Tommy to child's for an ice cream.
你妈妈带汤米去吃冰激凌了
He's a good boy.
他是个乖孩子
It's nice the skin tones.
真美,皮肤的色调
Thank you.
谢谢
I also like the other one
另外一幅我也喜欢
the lady with the flowers.
捧花的女士
I didn't even think you noticed.
没想到你还注意到了
Over in Europe,
在欧洲
in the war
打仗时
art, painting, poetry
艺术品,画作,诗作
two weeks in the trench and you forget
在战壕里奋战两周
that there's anything beautiful
都不记得文明世界
in the civilized world.
有什么美好的东西了
That's it.
就是这样
A little red.
再加点红色
That's better.
这样就好多了
Anything on the ratification?
审批进行的如何
It's all in the hands of Tennessee.
田纳西已经拿下了
One more state,
还有一个州
then women will have the right to vote.
妇女们就有选举权了
You look doubtful.
你好像在怀疑
I don't want you to be disappointed.
我不想让你失望
The South they're not exactly known
南部的民众,还没有具备
for their forwardthinking down there.
那种长远性的思考
Your driver Mr. Kessler is here.
您的驾驶员凯斯勒来了
Five minutes.
等五分钟
I don't mean to be cruel, but...
我不是有意冒犯,但是
He's a war hero, Margaret.
他是战时英雄,玛格丽特
He frightens the children.
可他吓到我的孩子了
He's here for your protection, for their protection.
他是来保护你和孩子们的
These men who are after you
对你下手的那些人
has anything been done? It's being handled.
都处置了吗, 已经处理好了,
By the sheriff? And his deputies.
治安官处理的吗, 还有他的副手,
Perhaps the children and I should go away for a while.
也许我和孩子们该离开一段时间
That won't be necessary.
没有这个必要
Besides, I'd miss you too much.
再说,我会很想你的
Is this what it means to be in charge
这是不是意味着有人
people shooting at you?
派人来刺杀你
Success breeds enemies,
成功总会遭人嫉恨
which you'll discover soon enough
等妇女们获得投票权后
after women win the vote.
你就会明白了
Stock prices over the ticker,
自动收报机汇报股票价格
racing results by wire.
电报传递比赛结果
Soon radio, I'm told, will transmit news stories
我还听说,很快无线广播便可以
within minutes of their occurrence.
在几分钟内将发生的事件传播出去
It's the age of information.
现在是信息时代
And a businessman lives and sometimes dies on its value.
而这可以让一个商人发财,也可以让他破产
Do you know why I'm a successful gambler, Mr. Doyle?
知道我为什么是个成功的赌徒吗,多伊尔先生
'Cause you're lucky?
因为你很幸运吗,
He's lucky. I create my luck.
他叫拉吉(lucky幸运)我为自己创造运气
I'm a successful gambler
之所以能做一名成功的赌徒
because I never bet on an event
是因为如果我不会
whose outcome I'm not sure of invents.
盲目投资
Like the World Series.
比如说世界职业棒球赛
You put the fix in.
您很关注这个
I employ research, factfinding.
我雇人去研究调查
"Due diligence" the lawyers call it.
律师管这叫"尽职调查"
Which brings me to Nucky Thompson
却让努基·汤普森注意到我
the man you said you know everything about.
你们自称对他了如指掌
How was I supposed to know his chauffeur carries a gun?
我怎么知道他的司机也有枪
Have you been listening to a single word I've said?!
我说过的话你都听进去半个字了吗
Sheer and utter incompetence.
彻彻底底的无能
A woman is shot
击中一个妇女
an innocent tourist no less
只是个无辜游客
and you've tipped my hand to Thompson.
还害我手下被汤普森抓走
The boardwalk at night, do it in public
大众广庭之下夜间在人行道行刺
We figured it sends a message.
我们觉得这算是发出讯号
You sent a message all right
的确发了一个讯号
that you're idiots.
你们就是蠢材
Devil's food?
魔鬼蛋糕
Yes sir. Thank you.
是的先生, 多谢,
I'll kill that prick myself, Mr. Rothstein.
我会亲手除掉他的,罗斯坦先生
We'll bring you his head if you want.
如有需要,我会带他人头来见你
Your grandstanding is commendable,
马屁拍得真响
but I have to say I'm less than convinced.
不过我不是很相信
We had bad information, like you said.
正如你所说,我们消息不够灵
How can we make it up to you?
我们要怎么补偿你呢
Nothing says "I'm sorry" like money.
要补偿,当然得花钱
million people in Chicago alone,
芝加哥有两百五十万单身,2 1/2
figure half of them are men.
我猜其中一半都是男人
Half of those... Put that in.
而这其中的一半, 放进来,
are adult men, and there's my point.
是成年男性,这才是重点,
With over a half million potential customers
有超过五十万的潜在客户
who wanna drink whiskey and fuck,
他们会买酒招妓
why ain't we making more money?
我们为什么不多赚点呢
Fuck you doin'? Are you listening?
妈的笑什么,你在听吗
What?
什么
Are you listening?
在听吗
Yeah, the money.
在听,赚钱
Mr. Torrio, Jake Guzik.
托里奥先生,杰克·库兹克来了
Sure, send him in.
请他进来
There's the beer baron.
啤酒大亨来了
Are you giving the cooze away?
把那群鸡撵走吧
I had to park all the way up Wabash.
搞得我好像横穿沃巴什河一样
A little exercise will kill you?
运动一下就要命了
I get enough exercise carrying your dough.
给你拿钱来运动量够大了
All this from the brewery?
都是啤酒厂的
I go home stinking of beer, but who's complaining?
我回家喝了点小酒,谁管得着啊
When he ran the brothel, he stank of pussy.
他一来妓院,就带来一股尿臭
So long as it ain't kugel, the wife stays off my back.
只要腰子没变球,老婆就还跟我走
I wanted to talk to you about expanding,
找你来谈扩张生意的
and not just your waistline neither.
不是你的腰围
I was saying... Johnny, Turkish.
我是说, 强尼,土耳其货,
Before you come in, I was saying
你进来之前我说
a lot of money being left on the table.
外面有大把赚钱机会
As far as I'm concerned, the whole north side is wide open.
就我知道的,整个北区完全开放
There's entire 10block stretches
整整十个街区
without a single cathouse or a place to get a drink.
没有一家妓院,没有一个卖酒的
The fuck is this?
这他妈什么东西
It's a load from the joke shop.
玩具店里的爆竹
What, are you 12 years old?
你十二岁小屁孩吗
It's a joke. I'm sorry.
开个玩笑而已,抱歉
You are sorry. You're a sorry fucking moron.
抱歉,抱你妈的谦,你个蠢货
I thought you'd have a laugh.
我以为能让你笑一笑
I'm in the middle of a fucking meeting!
没看见我他妈在开会吗
We'll talk saturday, your kid's, what do you call it?
我们周六再谈,你孩子要干什么来着
Bar mitzvah.
犹太受戒仪式
Yeah.
对,
This ain't no fucking grade school.
这里可不是什么小学
He's grotesque, James.
他长得太吓人了,詹姆斯
And believe me, I've seen my share of freak shows.
相信我,他比我看的畸形秀里的人还可怕
Apparently it's a big improvement
他明显比手术之前
over how he looked before the surgery.
要顺眼的多
Try explaining that to a fouryearold.
四岁的小孩子可不管这些
From now on, when he's in the house,
你告诉他,从现在起
just tell him to keep the mask on.
在我家就把面具带着
Mickey Doyle.
是米奇·多伊尔
What about him?
他怎么了
To see you. Here?
想见你, 来了吗,
Shall I frisk him?
要我搜他身吗
You're Tom Mix all of a sudden?
你装什么汤姆·米克斯(影星,擅演牛仔)
You do it.
你去搜
Nucky, hey. How you been?
努基,过得怎么样
What do you want, Mickey? Come on, Nuck.
有何贵干,米奇, 别这样,努克,
I come to youse hat in hand.
我没什么恶意
I'm came to apologize is all.
只是专程来道歉
I got rattled when you took my operation.
你抢了我的生意我确实很恼火
So you pick yourself up by the bootstraps.
所有你又来毛遂自荐了
Yeah, but I told you I had partners.
是,我也告诉过你我还有同伙
So?
那又怎样
The D'alessio brothers.
就是迪阿莱西奥兄弟
From Philly? Mmhmm.
费城的, 没错,
They're your partners? Mmhmm.
他们就是你同伙, 是的,
I should throw you out that fucking window.
我他妈要把你扔出去
I'm sorry. I didn't know what they was planning.
抱歉,我不知道他们要针对你
Not half as sorry as you're gonna be.
等会你就要更抱歉了
I can help. That's why I come here.
我能帮你,所以才来这里
I'll tell youse everything I know.
我会把知道的都告诉你
Get him a drink.
给他倒杯酒
I should piss in it.
我他妈给你尿一壶
It started months back, after I got out of jail.
几个月前我出狱以后的
They wanted their dough, which I didn't have,
他们想要回钱,但我没有
so they got the idea to put Chalky out of business.
所以他们决定把朝琪踢出去
The lynching, that was them? Mmhmm.
处私刑的就是他们吗, 是的,
They robbed your ward boss too.
还抢了你的手下
The fat one, plus the casino.
就那个胖子,还有你的赌场
They shot my brother, Mickey, took a shot at me.
他们打伤了我弟弟,米奇,还准备杀我
I know it.
我知道
They're gonna shoot me, Nuck. I know that too.
他们也想杀我,努克,我都知道的
how? they're always jabbering in Italian,
你怎么知道, 他们老用意大利语嘀咕,
laughing at me behind my back, right to my face.
还当面背地的,嘲笑我
And Luciano, how does he figure in?
卢西亚诺是怎么加入的
Your mother didn't tell you? Watch your step, Mickey.
你妈妈没告诉你吗, 说话小心点,米奇,
He's got this kid, some sheeny named Lansky.
他收了个犹太小弟,叫兰斯基
He approached chalky, made him an offer,
他找到朝琪,开出价码
but it was really just a whatsit.
但其实只是个幌子
A ruse? That's the ticket.
试探, 猜对了,
To find out how many bottles he's moving.
想看看他每天运多少酒
Why does he wanna know that? Why do you think?
知道这个有什么用, 你说呢,
For information.
收集信息
This is all on orders from Rothstein.
都是罗斯坦下的指令
He wants to muscle in,
他想插一杆子
take over the liquor business in Atlantic City.
掌控大西洋城私酒市场
Ruining baseball isn't enough?
棒球还没祸害够吗
Get Chalky on the phone.
打给朝琪
Yeah.
是,
For what?
找他干什么
Eddie's on the line.
埃迪在用电话
God damn it. Eddie!
去他妈的,埃迪
Hang up the goddamn phone.
你等会再用电话
That was Trenton. It just came over the wire
打来的,刚接通
The women have received the permission to vote.
女子选举权通过了
built that palace, and the Emerald City too,'
我建造的宫殿,还有那翡翠城'
remarked the wizard in a thoughtful tone.
巫师低吟道
'and I'd like to see them again,
'我还想再去看一眼,
for I was very happy
因为置身蛮支金人,闻绮斯人
among the Munchkins and Winkies
奎德林人和吉利今人中
And Quadlings and Gillikins.'
让我身心愉悦'
'Who are they?' asked the boy.
小男孩问, '他们是谁'
'The four nations that inhabit the land of Oz,' was the reply."
回答说, '他们来自奥兹四个不同国家'"
Mm, sorry.
抱歉
Mr. Harrow.
哈罗先生
We're reading "The Wizard of Oz" by Frank Baum.
我们在读弗兰克·鲍姆写的《绿野仙踪》
Yes.
好书
Please join us if you'd like.
如果你愿意可以加入我们
Mm, thank you.
谢谢
wonder if they would treat me nicely if I went there again.'
"我在想,如果回去,他们还会对我好吗"
'Of course they would,' declared dorothy.
多萝西说, "当然会的"
'they are still proud of their former wizard, "
他们仍会为之前的巫师自豪"
and often speak of you kindly.'
"还经常回忆你"
'Do you happen to know whatever became of the Tin Woodsman
他又问, "你知不知道铁皮人,
and the Scarecrow?' he enquired.
和稻草人是怎么回事吗"
'They live in Oz yet,' said the girl,
小姑娘说, "他们来自奥兹,
'and are very important people.'"
"地位十分崇高"
Mm, theTin Woodsman.
铁皮人
That's me.
就是我
Oh, I think I need some oil.
该擦点油了
Mama, it's really him?
妈妈,真的就是他吗
Why yes, dear,
当然了,宝贝
Directly from Oz.
从奥兹来的
And who better to have in our house
没有什么比
than the mighty Tin Woodsman?
家里有个大铁皮人更好的了
I won't insult you by asking if you want any,
我不会用这个来诱惑你
but I hope you don't mind if I have a taste.
但允许我小酌一杯
Good news just isn't the same without it.
好消息配上美酒才更显喜庆
Annabelle offered me some earlier.
安娜贝拉之前才送的一点
Does that mean I shouldn't try again?
这么说我不能多喝了
Well,
这个嘛
it is a special occasion.
鉴于这个特殊时刻
That it is.
确实特殊
Thank you.
多谢
To the women's vote.
敬女子选举权
You've caught up with Ireland at last.
你终于品尝到了爱尔兰美酒
It's your country too, you know.
也是你的故乡哦
You're aware, of course,
你应该知道
of all the Republican Party has done for social progress.
共和党常为公众谋福利
Emancipation, prohibition.
奴隶解放,禁酒
We backed the women's vote early.
现在又提前争取到了女子选举权
Because you saw an opportunity.
因为你抓住了机会
A simple "Thank you" Would be fine.
一句谢谢会让我很高兴
Thank you.
谢谢
Sunday, at the league of women voters luncheon,
礼拜天的女子选举联合会的午宴上
Mayor Bacharach will be announcing
巴哈拉赫市长将宣布
that he won't be seeking reelection.
不再参加下届竞选
I'd like you to tell the ladies
我希望你告诉他女士
why Edward Bader should be his replacement.
为什么该爱德华·贝德当选
And why should he be?
为什么呢
Because he's the right man for the job.
因为他适合当市长
The owner of a construction business?
那个建筑公司的老板吗
Who's going to help me build great things
除了他谁又能建屋盖房
for the people of this city.
造福全市人民
But how does that qualify him to be mayor?
那这和当市长有什么关系
Andrew Johnson was a tailor and he became president.
安德鲁·约翰逊还做过裁缝,不也当上了总统
Wasn't he impeached?
后来不是被弹劾了吗
That's completely beside the point.
这完全偏离了话题
What am I meant to say?
我该说些什么
That it's time for a change,
时代需要变革
that it's a new Republican Party.
新共和党即将诞生
The cronyism, the incompetence,
不再有任人唯亲,不再有滥竽充数
the violence in our streets,
不再有街头暴力
all that's a thing of the past.
那些终将成为过去
Is it?
真的吗
What do you mean?
你什么意思
If Bader is elected,
如果贝德当选了
what happens to the county treasurer?
县司库怎么办
Me? I'm not going anywhere.
我吗,我哪里也不去
You'll control the new mayor just like the old one.
你还会像之前那样操纵市长
I don't control anyone, Margaret.
我没有操纵,玛格丽特
I'm more of an overseer.
我更像是监督
For this city to work,
城市要想正常运作
for business to be done over the long haul,
商业要想在未来不断发展
there needs to be cooperation, continuity of leadership.
就需要合作以及领导的连贯性
As county treasurer, I provide that continuity.
作为县司库,我需要保证连贯性
Fletcher and these other democrats
弗莱彻和那些民主党人上台
they'd be starting from scratch.
就会推倒重建
You're asking me to lie
你这是要让我
about Bader's qualifications.
给贝德的资质作假
I'm asking you to be realistic.
我想让你现实一点
This isn't some fantasy world
这可不是小人书
like in one of those children's books.
里面描述的童话世界
It's a real place with real people.
人民很现实,世界很残酷
And sometimes, to make it run properly,
有的时候,要想达到目的
we need to tell those people what they want to hear.
只能告诉人们他们想知道的消息
This is important, Margaret,
这件事很重要,玛格丽特
not just for the republican party.
不光是对共和党
It's important for you too.
对你也很重要
Look at this. Look, Tommy, look.
看这个,汤米,快看
This is where we got you.
我们从这里生的你
They cooked you up in one of those incubators,
他们把你放到保育器里
wrapped you up in a diaper and then we took you home.
包上尿布,我们就把你带回家了
You're fooling me.
你骗人
Fooling you, huh?
谁骗你
Hey, where are you going?
往哪跑
Tommy, Tommy, come here.
汤米,汤米,别跑
You want some taffy?
想吃太妃糖吗
That's mommy's kissing friend.
这是和妈妈亲嘴的朋友
What'd you say?
你说什么
That's mommy's kissing friend.
这是和妈妈亲嘴的朋友
Kissing friend?
亲嘴的朋友
Son of a bitch.
狗娘养的
Jimmy, what's wrong?
吉米,怎么了
Ask your son.
自己问儿子
Wendell, I'm gonna need you to be very still,
温德尔,保持不动
Like a statue in a museum.
就像博物馆的雕像
Wendell!
温德尔
You wanna have your mettle tested?
想来过两招吗
Oh my god!
天呐
Get back!
回来
Hey, there's a fight going on. Jimmy.
看,有人在打架, 吉米,
Don't fucking move.
给老子呆一边去
Jimmy!
吉米
Jimmy, why are you doing this?
吉米,你这是在干什么
Jimmy, Stop. Stop.
吉米,住手, 住手,
Jimmy!
吉米
Hey buddy. Hey pal.
伙计,朋友
Jimmy, stop it, please.
吉米,住手,求你了
Daddy.
爸爸
This man had relations with my wife...
这个男的和我老婆有染
That's not true. ...when I was away in the war.
不是那样的, 趁我在外面打仗的时候,
No, Jimmy. Daddy, Daddy.
不是的,吉米, 爸爸,爸爸,
Please stop it.
请住手
Daddy!
爸爸
Coming.
来了
Ma'am.
夫人
Agent Van Alden.
范·奥尔登探员
May I come in?
我能进来吗
Of course, yes.
当然可以
Please.
请进
This is Mr. Harrow.
这位是哈罗先生
I'm a federal agent.
我是一名联邦探员
I need to speak privately with Mrs. Schroeder.
我需要和施罗德夫人单独谈一下
I'll be out back with the children.
那我到后面去陪孩子们
Mrs. Schroeder, I'm going to show you a photograph.
施罗德夫人,我需要给您看一张照片
I'd like to know
我希望你告诉我
if you recognize this girl.
认不认识这个姑娘
Is this meant to be a joke?
这是在开玩笑吗
I find nothing funny about it.
我觉得没有什么好笑的
That's me,
那是我
taken at Ellis Island.
是在埃利斯岛上照的
After your long journey from Kerry.
在你大老远从凯里郡过来之后
That's right.
没错
When I look at this girl, I see hope,
看着这张照片上的姑娘,眼中充满了希望
yearning,
憧憬
a promise for a new life,
对崭新生活的渴望
the promise of America.
一个美国梦
What happened to that girl, Mrs. Schroeder?
那个姑娘现在怎么样了,施罗德夫人
Am I to be deported?
我被驱逐了吗
I'm a citizen of this country now.
我现在是合法公民
Mrs. Schroeder, you are consorting
施罗德夫人,你正在和
with a murderer,
一个杀人犯交往
The man who killed the father of your children.
那个男人杀害了你孩子的父亲
That's not true. It is true.
那不是真的, 事实如此,
He's a panderer and a criminal.
他是个皮条客,是个罪犯
Mr. Thompson is one of the most
汤普森先生是一个最
Your life doesn't have to be like this.
你不必这样生活
And I know you don't want it to be.
而且我知道这不是你想要的生活
You don't know me at all.
你根本都不了解我
I see into your soul, Margaret,
我可以看到你心灵的最深处,玛格丽特
At night when I look at this picture.
每当我晚上看着这张照片时
Give me that photograph.
把照片还给我
Listen to me.
听我说
How dare you lecture me?
你凭什么教训我
You gained entrance to my home
你借执行公务
on the pretense of official business
闯入我的家里
when your true intentions are obviously
而你的真正目的却与公务
something quite different.
毫不相干
Is this the life you want?
这是你想要的生活吗
I can offer you salvation.
我可以帮你救赎
I want you to leave now.
我要你马上离开
I came here to save you
我是来拯救你的
Not from prosecution, but from the fires of hell
不仅仅是让你免于诉讼,而是把你从即将到来的
that will surely await you should you fail to repent.
水深火热之中救出来,你会后悔的
You need to say this word for word.
你要逐字逐句地念出来
Find us some seats.
给我们找个位子
How you doing? Thanks for coming.
你好吗,欢迎光临
Hiya. Who's this handsome man?
你好,这位帅小伙是谁
My son Charles. This is John.
我的儿子查尔斯,这是约翰
Hello.
你好
Hey.
你好
You must wear a hat in the synagogue.
这是犹太人集会,你必须戴帽子
It's a sign of respect.
以示尊敬
To wear it's a sign of respect?
戴帽子以示尊敬
Yes.
是的
Wear a hat in church they box your ears in.
要是在教堂戴帽子,人们会把你揍扁的
In the Jewish religion men wear a yarmulke
在犹太人的信仰里戴圆顶小帽
to remind us that god is above us.
是为了提醒人们上帝高高在上
You're a friend of the Bar Mitzvah?
你是那位要行受戒礼的孩子的朋友吗
Jake? Mr. Guzik's son.
杰克, 库兹克先生的儿子,
Yeah, I'm an associate of Jake's.
是的,我是杰克的朋友
Hey, so this party
这个集会
What is it exactly?
到底是为了什么举行的
When a Jewish boy reaches 13,
当一个犹太男孩满十三岁时
he becomes a son of the commandment.
就成为了戒律之子
And this celebration affirms his obligations as a man.
而这个庆典就是为了肯定他作为成年人开始履行义务
What, at 13?
什么,才十三岁就成人了
Do you not feel that's old enough
你不认为到了这个年龄一个人
to be held accountable for your actions?
应该为自己的所做所为负责吗
I know the State does.
我知道国家是这样认为的
That's why they got reform school.
所以才有少管所
All of us who are worth anything
所有人生命的意义在于
spend our manhood unlearning
成长中不断地摒除年少时
the follies of our youth.
所犯下的罪恶
Gentlemen, we're about to begin.
先生们,我们要开始了
We'll finish this later. Good, okay.
我们待会儿再谈, 好的,没问题,
You should wear a yarmulke.
你应该戴一顶圆顶小帽
What's wrong with this?
这帽子有什么问题吗
You're a man,
你是个成年人
Yet you wear the cap of a boy.
而你的帽子是孩子才戴的
Amen.
阿门
Amen.
阿门
Mazel Tov!
恭喜
Meyer Lansky
迈耶·兰斯基
That's the kid who came to see you.
之前来见你的那个小子就是他
He told me his name was Michael Lewis.
他说他叫麦克·刘易斯
So he doesn't have to change the monogram on his shirts.
看来他的名字缩写总是不变的
He's in cahoots with Arnold Rothstein
他和在费城外阿诺德·罗斯坦的
and this family of Dagos out of Philly.
意大利团伙勾结在一起
Charlie Luciano too.
还有查理·卢西亚诺
Those the boys who shot you? Among other things.
就是那些人开枪打你的, 不止如此,
They shot at him. They were not successful.
他们朝他开枪,没有打中
Why are you still here?
你怎么还在这里
If there will be nothing else...
如果没有其他事情的话我先告辞了
Sorry I'm late.
抱歉我迟到了
What'd you do to your hand?
你的手怎么了
I slammed it in the icebox.
不小心撞到冰箱了
I want you to meet with Lansky.
我要你去见兰斯基
Mickey here will arrange it.
米奇会帮你安排的
Tell him you accept his offer.
告诉他你接受他的提议
What offer? Whatever offer he makes.
什么提议, 他的任何提议,
Tell him you're unhappy,
告诉他你很不高兴
That Nucky's not treating you right.
因为努基对你不好
That shouldn't be too hard to believe.
他应该不难相信
You're lucky to be alive, you fucking Polack.
你能活着真是走运,该死的波兰佬
Promise them as much liquor as they want
他们要多少酒都给他们
and tell them they'll need all their men to haul the load.
告诉他们由他们的人来运输
The idea is to get as many of them in the same place as we can.
关键在于尽可能把他们一网打尽
Remembering, of course, it was me set it up.
记好,这都是我的主意
So, uh...
那么
When all is said and done,
一切办妥之后
what you fixing to do about Mr. Rothstein?
你怎么解决我们的罗斯坦先生
I'm going to make him the richest corpse in New York.
我要让他成为纽约最有钱的死人
And go though I must,
虽然我要走了
I assure you I do so with a heavy heart.
而且我向你们保证此刻我的心情十分沉重
But behind my sadness
但是在我的悲伤之下
there is also great pride
我为你们的团结一致
in what we have achieved as a community
形成一个团体感到无比骄傲
And and a great optimism...
还有,还有你们无上的乐观主义
It's perfectly natural to be nervous.
感到紧张是很自然的
Just remember to breathe.
呼吸一下就没事了
It's not nerves exactly.
其实并不是紧张
Did you eat a good breakfast?
早餐吃得好吗
I've got no appetite. You'll be fine.
我没有食欲, 你会没事的,
The first time I had to make one of these speeches
我第一次演讲的时候
I was a wreck.
彻底搞砸了
After a while you can get up there and sell snake oil.
等过段时间越过这道坎后你可以信手拈来,口若悬河
And my love for public service shall never cease.
而我为公众服务的热情永不熄灭
Ladies,
女士们
it is now my great pleasure
现在请允许我荣幸地
to introduce Mrs. Margaret Schroeder.
向你们介绍玛格丽特·施罗德夫人
Thank you, Mayor Bacharach.
谢谢你,巴哈拉赫市长
And thank you, ladies.
也谢谢你们,女士们
You will surely be missed.
我们不会忘记您的
When I was first asked to speak to you today,
当我第一次知道今天要向你们演讲时
I confess I was at once
我承认我当时感到
flattered and terrified.
既高兴又害怕
Surely an immigrant to this great country,
毫无疑问,即使是一个来到这个国家的移民
a former parlor maid, could have little
一个以前的大厅女仆,也可以
to contribute to political discourse.
为政治论述贡献绵薄之力
But when I heard I was to speak
但是当我得知我要发表讲话
in support of Edward Bader for mayor,
支持爱德华·贝德当选市长时
I put my trepidations aside
我把惊恐抛在脑后
and decided to speak to you from the heart.
并且决定对你们敞开心扉说话
I know. I know.
我知道,我知道
I first met Mr. Bader socially
我第一次正式认识贝德先生的时候
in his capacity as head of the city's largest construction firm.
他是城里最大的建筑公司的领导
Mr. Bader is quite literally a builder,
贝德先生绝对是一个建筑家
a man of great vision.
一个目光远大的人
Where other men see an empty lot,
别人眼里的平地
he sees a hospital.
在他眼里可以是一家医院
Where other men see an overgrown field,
别人眼里的荒地
he sees a school for our children.
在他眼里可以是一所学校
And most importantly perhaps,
而最重要的也许是
where other men see shopgirls and chambermaids,
别人眼里的女店员和女佣
Edward Bader sees voters.
在爱德华·贝德眼里是选民
Ladies, our newly gained right
女士们,我们新获得的权利
also comes with great responsibility,
同样伴随着新的重要责任
a duty to use our power wisely,
一种明智运用我们权利的责任
to elect men to office worthy men
选出有价值的官员
who will put the interest of our citizens first.
选出能把公众利益放在首位的官员
With us as a foundation, women voters,
有我们女性选民作为群众基础
our new mayor can do great things for Atlantic City.
我们的新任市长会在大西洋城带大有作为
And who better to start with that foundation
又有谁能比一个建筑家更能
than a builder himself?
运用我们这样的群众基础呢
Ladies, I give you
女士们,我向你们介绍
our next Mayor, Mr. Edward Bader.
我们的下任市长,爱德华·贝德先生
That was wonderful.
太精彩了
Thank you, Mrs. Schroeder,
谢谢你,施罗德夫人
for that rousing introduction.
真是振奋人心的演说介绍
Ladies, I could not be more pleased than I am right now
女士们,此刻能加入到你们之中
to join you here today
我感到无比高兴
and welcome you
我对你们这些在我国
as meaningful partners in our great democracy.
民主进程中有着深远影响的伙伴表示热烈欢迎
When I was approached to be part of this Republican ticket,
当我进入这次共和党选举名单时
I was not only humbled
我不仅感到责任重大
but excited to continue my work
而且倍受鼓舞能偶继续
for the men, the women and the children of Atlantic City.
为了大西洋城的男人们,女人们和孩子们做出贡献
enjoy yourself there.
到那儿玩得开心点,
We'll have some drinks.
我们喝几杯
Mr. Torrio.
托里奥先生
Where are you goin'?
你去哪里
Wherever you tell me.
听您吩咐
I'm here to apologize.
我特意来向你道歉
The joke, the cigarette load
那个关于香烟爆竹的玩笑
that was stupid.
过火了
You can't do that shit no more.
别再做这种蠢事了
I know.
知道了
You know,
孩子
I brung you out here from Brooklyn for a reason, kid.
我把你从布鲁克林带到这是有原因的
I thought I saw something in you.
我看中了你身上的某些品质
A fella like Guzik
你看库兹克
Three years ago he's running a cathouse.
三年前他还在经营妓院
Now look at him today.
再看现在的他
You could learn something from these Jews.
多和这些犹太人学一学有好处
The brewery there
我听说
I hear they're looking for help.
他们的酒厂需要人帮忙
His distribution's out of whack.
他的分销渠道太差
The fella in there now has got it all screwed up.
那些手下已经完全搞砸了
Maybe I can fix it.
也许我能搞定
No more monkey business, Al.
别胡闹了,阿尔
Finito.
到此为止吧
I hear you, Mr. Torrio.
我听您的,托里奥先生
All I'm asking for is a chance.
只求您再给我一个机会
I'm ready to be responsible for my actions.
我会为我的所作所为负责
year I know Nucky Thompson,
一九二二年我认识努基·汤普森,22
back when the Commodore had this town.
那时候这里还是准将的天下
I ran the dice game here in Chicken Bone Beach.
我在鸡骨滩经营赌场
Nucky made the Commodore collection.
努基以准将的名义收账
Then one day I seen the Commodore himself
有一天,在支持布克先生竞选的游行中
a parade here for Mr. Booker to Washington,
我遇到了准将本人
You know.
接下来你们都猜到了
"Chalky,"He say, "I got bad news.
他说"朝琪,我有个坏消息要告诉你,
Now on you got to pay me 7% of what you been making."
从现在起,你要付给我盈利的百分之七"
I say.
我说"只有百分之七吗,"7%?"
been paying Nucky 12 long for three years now."
这三年来我一直付给努基百分之十二" "I
Real prick that guy Thompson, huh?
汤普森那家伙简直蠢到家了
That's putting it kindly, son.
这样说算好听的了,小子
He was skimming off the top. Yes.
他还想瞒天过海, 是的,
Thank you. I get it.
谢谢你,我了解了
Well, I hope his reputation precedes him,
但愿他只是徒有虚名而已
but Mr. Rothstein doesn't do business like that.
罗斯坦先生可不是这样做生意的
Chiseling your partners it's shortsighted.
欺骗生意伙伴是非常不明智的行为
We're looking to the future. These stills,
我们要放眼未来, 这些蒸馏器,
this piss water you're bottling
还有正在灌装的下等货
Don't get me wrong, it's fine for some people,
别误会,对某些人来说够了
but we're looking for the real stuff.
而我们要的是上等货
Can you part with 500 cases a month?
一个月你能卖出五百箱吗
You know I can,
你知道我的实力
Mr. Lewis.
路易斯先生
No offense.
无意冒犯您
That was before Mr. Doyle here told us how unhappy you were.
那是多伊尔先生说您不满意之前的事
Yeah, now that we know,
现在我们都知道了
you'll be our contact down in Atlantic City.
您将是我们在大西洋城的联络人
Play your cards right
这步棋要是走对了
you can buy a Packard for every day in the week.
那些钱够你每天买一辆帕卡德开了
Tomorrow late we'll send trucks.
明天晚些时候我们会派卡车来
The money, too.
钱也会送到你手上
What about Nucky?
努基怎么办
Fuck him.
去他妈的吧
By which he means
这就意味着
you're under the wing of Arnold Rothstein now.
现在是阿诺德·罗斯坦罩着你了
New York life don't offer protection that good.
纽约还没有提供过这么好的待遇
One more thing:
还有一件事
How do you know I drive a Packard?
你怎么知道我开的是帕卡德
Oh, the lights! It's something.
看那灯光, 真漂亮,
It is. I'm so glad we came.
没错, 真高兴我们来了,
Me, too.
我也这样想的
I stopped by the hospital. They said you'd already left.
我去过医院,他们说你已经走了
He's sleeping. They gave him morphine.
注射了吗啡他就睡了
Five broken ribs, his nose, a fractured jaw.
断了五根肋骨,还有鼻梁骨和颌骨
I'm so sorry, Mary. It's not your fault. It's mine.
对不起,玛丽, 是我的错,不怪你,
Yours? I should have left him months ago.
怎么是你的错, 几个月前我就该离开他,
I don't love him.
我不爱他
This never would have happened.
那样就不会发生这样的事了
It's not that easy.
说起来简单做起来难
I just can't bear it anymore.
我再也忍受不下去了
Has he hurt you?
他打你了
No, not yet.
目前没有
But he's not the same person I knew.
但他已经变了个人
Come away with me
跟我走吧
you and Tommy.
你和汤米
Where? To Paris.
去哪儿, 巴黎,
What about Robert? He'll be fine.
罗伯特怎么办, 他会没事的,
He'll recover from his injuries
等他养好伤
and move on with his life.
他会好好生活下去
Jimmy will never let me go.
吉米不会放我走的
He'll never know where to find us.
他找不到我们
Imagine Tommy growing up along the Seine,
你想象一下,汤米在塞纳河畔长大
speaking French.
说着法语的生活有多美好
He'd be nothing like his father
他千万不要像他父亲
or any of them.
或者那些流氓一样
Isadora Duncan has a school on Rue Danton.
伊萨多拉?邓肯在丹敦路有所学校
The children wear Grecian tunics.
那儿的孩子们都穿着希腊式长袍上课
She inspires them to find their muses
她鼓励孩子们寻找灵感
and free their spirits.
释放情感
There's a ship leaving once a month.
每个月有一班船去那里
Nous devons aller a Paris.
我们一定要去巴黎(法语)
Say it.
跟我说一遍
What does it mean?
这句话什么意思
We must go to paris.
我们一定要去巴黎
Nous devons aller a Paris.
我们一定要去巴黎
And so we must.
一定要去
Thank you, Deputy Halloran.
谢谢你,哈罗兰副治安官
Could be Sheriff Halloran come November...
如果伊莱没有好转
if Eli's not better.
十一月起我就是治安官哈罗兰
The children are asleep.
孩子们都睡了
Mrs. Charlton just left.
查尔顿夫人刚走
No trouble, I take it?
没给你惹什么麻烦吧
No.
没有
They're very obedient.
他们很乖
To guard against intruders.
保护你们而已
Mr. Harrow,
哈罗先生
I feel I owe you an apology.
我应该向你道歉
When you first came here to guard us,
先前你来保护我们的时候
I treated you harshly.
我表现得有失礼节
The truth is your affliction frightened me.
其实是你的遭遇吓到我了
Mm, people find it disconcerting.
人们总是对此感到不安
Well, it's unfair
但这对你来说不公平
and I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
We should judge the person on the inside.
我们应该根据本性评判他人
Mm, I can't
连我自己
do that myself.
都做不到
So why should you be able to?
你怎么可能做到呢
Sometimes I forget what I look like.
有时我忘记自己的容貌
Then I pass a mirror and I remember.
而照镜子的时候我就记起来了
I stare sometimes at my face
有时我盯着镜中的自己
and I can't recall
甚至都回忆不起来
who I was before.
我以前的样子
What'll you have?
您想喝点什么
Whiskey.
威士忌
Again.
再来一杯
May I join you?
我可以坐在这里吗
Sure.
行啊
Why not?
为什么不呢
Cigarette?
来支烟吗
What's your name, handsome?
你叫什么,帅哥
Nelson.
尼尔森
I could use another drink, Nelson.
我想再喝一杯,尼尔森
This here is Mr. Meyer Lansky.
这位是迈耶·兰斯基先生
Say hello to Nucky Thompson.
跟努基·汤普森打个招呼
How do you do?
你好
We've already met, actually.
其实我们见过了
You shot at me on the boardwalk.
在木板路你向我开枪
You're confusing me with somebody else.
你把我当成别人了
There's another dago walking around with dogshit on his face?
这儿还有一脸屎相的外国佬吗
What happened? You were supposed to make a deal.
怎么回事,你不是和他们谈生意吗
Why didn't you tell me
为什么不告诉我
these the motherfuckers that lynched my boy?
这群王八蛋杀了我兄弟
Because I hadn't confirmed it.
因为我还没确认是他们干的
Well, I got all the confirmation I need.
我已经确认过了
There are four more brothers, Chalky,
现在还有四个兄弟,朝琪
Plus Luciano. How are we supposed to get to them now?
算上卢西亚诺,应该怎么处置他们
Mr. Thompson, may I speak with you?
汤普森先生,我能和您谈谈吗
I know we've only recently met
我知道我们才刚认识
and my word doesn't count for much,
我的话没什么分量
but if you could see your way to letting me go,
但是如果您能放我走
I'm quite certain I can work out
我一定会想方设法解决
an accommodation with Mr. Rothstein.
您和罗斯坦先生之间的矛盾
Mr. Rothstein made his bed.
罗斯坦先生自作自受
Now you fellows can die in it.
现在你们都可以随他去了
Tough talk when he ain't in the room, right?
他们就只敢趁他不在的时候嚣张,不是吗
What'd you say?
你说什么
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you heard me.
抱歉,我以为你听见了
What I said was you, Mr. Thompson and this coon here
我说你,汤普森先生还有这个黑鬼
could all go fuck each other. Right.
都去死吧,就是这样
Oh, fucking tough guy.
该死的混蛋
You gonna shoot me for mouthing off?
说你几句就要杀我吗
I wasn't going to, but you kind of talked me into it.
我本来不想,是你要求的
Anybody else?
还有谁想死
Jesus Christ.
上帝啊
What do we do with him?
我们怎么处置他
Leave him at the dump with the rest of the garbage.
把他扔到垃圾堆里
My brothers come back
等我的兄弟回来
they're gonna string you up
他们会把你吊得
higher than they did that other fucking coon.
比上次那个黑鬼更高
You can go now.
你可以走了
And please tell Mr. Rothstein
麻烦转告罗斯坦先生
what you saw here tonight.
你今晚的遭遇
Fuck me.
操我
Fuck me, daddy.
操我,老爹
Oh, baby.
宝贝儿
What time is it?
现在几点了
It's late.
很晚了
What are you doing up?
你怎么还不睡
I couldn't sleep.
我睡不着
I had business downtown. I would have called.
我应该打电话告诉你我有事的
Business?
什么事
Plotting our strategy for the election.
为大选制定策略
You did very well today
你今天的演讲
with your speech.
非常精彩
You should get some rest.
好好休息吧
You had those ladies eating out of your hand.
现在那些女士们对你顶礼膜拜