Joey: Hey! I'm all packed and ready to go!
嘿!我都打包好可以走了!
Ross: Oh, that's right! Daddy and uncle Joey are going on a trip today.
没错!爹地跟乔伊叔叔今天要出门去。
Ross: We're going to a conference in Barbados, right?
我们要去参加一个在巴贝多的研讨会,对吗?
Joey: Mmh-mmh.
嗯哼。
Ross: Can you say Barbados?
你会说巴贝多吗?
Joey: Barbados.
巴贝多。
Ross: Ok, I gotta say. I mean, it means so much to me that you guys are coming all the way over there to-to hear me give my speech!
好的,知道吗。你们能去听我的演讲简直太棒了!
Ross: Oh! And I've a surprise, uh ... I had to pull some strings but I was able to get everyone passes to the entire conference!
喔!给你们个惊喜,嗯……这些胸卡,可以确保每个人都能完整地参加这次会议!
Ross: That's right!
没错儿!
Ross: These babies will get you into all the paleontology lectures and seminars.
有了这个宝贝,你们可以参加所有的古生物学演讲和研讨会。
Rachel: Do you have anything that would ... get us out of them?
你有没有能让我们……远离他们的东西?
Chandler: Yeah, Ross, I mean, we're excited to hear the speech but the rest of the time we're gonna wanna do, you know, "island's stuff".
罗斯,我们迫不及待要听你的演讲,可是其他的时间,我们想过些"岛上生活"。
Phoebe: I think David would probably wanna hear a few lectures.
大卫或许会想要听几场演说。
Ross: Oh, right, because he's a scientist!
没错,因为他是科学家!
Phoebe: No, no, oh, because, you know, he's been in Minsk for 8 years and if he gets too much direct sunlight, he'll die.
不,不,他在明斯克待了八年,如果他在阳光下太久,他会死的。
Ross: Ok, we gotta go, yeah? Uh, so, we'll see you guys tomorrow.
好的,我们最好出发了,是吗?那我们明天见。
Joey: All right, let's do it! 5 hour flight with Charlie, have a couple of drinks, get under that blanket and do what comes naturally.
好的,明天见!跟查莉一起飞行五个小时,喝几杯酒,在毛毯下做一些自然会发生的事。
Ross: It's a blanket Joe, not a cloak of invisibility!
那是毛毯,乔伊,不是隐形大衣!
Charlie: Wow! This place is beautiful!
哇!这地方真漂亮!
Ross: Look at all these paleontologists!
瞧瞧这些古生物学家!
Joey: I know, there are gonna be some pasty folks by the pool tomorrow!
我知道,明天游泳池旁一定有许多苍白的人!
Woman: Oh my God, I can't believe you're here!
我的天啊,我不敢相信你在这里!
Joey: I think I've been recognized, this happens all the time!
我想我被认出来了,这常常发生的!
Woman: Doctor Geller, I am such a huge fan!
盖勒博士?我真是仰慕你!
Joey: That ... never happens.
这可……从没发生过。
Woman: I've been following your career for years, I-I can't wait for your keynote speech.
我多年以来一直很注意你的研究,我等不及要听你的演说了。
Ross: Wow! This is very flattering, uh ...
哇!你可真会说话……
Woman: I would love your autograph.
我会很想要你的签名的。
Ross: Uh, uh ... Sure! Um ... "Dear ... "
呃……没问题!嗯…… "亲爱的……"
Woman: Sarah.
莎拉。
Ross:"Sarah. I dig you", Uh? "Doctor Ross Geller".
“萨拉。我钻研你”,嗯?"罗斯·盖勒博士"。
Sarah: Oh, thank you so much!
哇,真是太谢谢你了!
Ross: Sure, oh and Sarah ... I'd like to introduce you to my colleague, uh, Professor Wheeler, and uh, and this is Joey Tribbiani.
不客气,莎拉……让我帮你介绍一下我同事,魏勒教授,这位是乔伊·崔比亚尼。
Sarah: Are you a paleontologist?
你是古生物学家吗?
Joey: No, God, no! No! No no, Uh, I'm an actor.
不!不!当然不是,我是个演员。
Joey: You'd probably recognize me from a little show called "The Days of Our Lives".
如果你看过那部小电视剧《我们那生活》,你会认得我。
Ross: Dude, it's, it's just "Days of Our Lives" ... there's no the.
伙计,是《我们的生活》……没有“那”。
Joey: Ok, Ross! That was a… yeah. No no, I uh, I play Doctor Drake Ramoray.
好的,罗斯!天啊,你……是啊。不,我扮演德瑞克·雷莫瑞医生。
Sarah: I'm sorry, I don't own a TV.
我很抱歉,我家没有电视。
Joey: You don't own a TV?
你家没有电视?
Joey: What's all your furniture pointed at?
那你家的家具是摆向哪个方向呢?
Sarah: Well it was a pleasure to meet you all.
很荣幸认识你们。
Ross: You too, Sarah. Bye.
我们也是,莎拉。再见。
Joey: Geez, who doesn't own a TV?
天啊,这年头谁没有电视呢?
Charlie: Actually, I don't.
嗯,事实上,我没有。
Ross: Yeah, and mine broke two months ago, I still haven't gotten a new one.
是啊,我的两个月前坏了,还没买新的。
Joey: Well, didn't you two come to the right convention.
那你们两个还真是来对研讨会了。
Monica: David, can you help me? ! I'm trying to explain to Chandler how a plane stays in the air.
大卫,你可以帮个忙吗?我正在跟钱德解释飞机是怎么漂浮在空中的。
David: Oh, certainly. That's a combination of Bernoulli's principle, and Newton's third law of motion.
当然。那是波诺利原理,加上牛顿第三运动定律。
Monica: See?
知道了吗?
Chandler: Yeah, that's the same as "it has something to do with wind".
是啊,那还真是跟“跟风有关的”一样。
Monica: Alright, I'm gonna go pick up a few things for the trip.
好的,我要去为这次旅行买几样东西。
Phoebe: Oh, I should go, too.
我也应该走了。
Phoebe: Ok, oh, now ... tomorrow do you guys wanna share a cab to the airport or should Mike and I just meet you there.
好的,明天你们要一起搭计程车到机场吗?还是说我跟麦克到机场跟你们碰面呢?
Phoebe: Mike? ! Who's Mike?
麦克?谁是麦克呢?
David: Mike is your-your ex ... uh ... boyfriend!
麦克是你前……男友!
Phoebe: That's right! Oh, yeah. Well, I've totally forgotten about him! Ah! That's-that's-that's ... a blast from the past!
没错儿!唔……我都快把他给忘了!噢!那是……过眼云烟!
David: It's ok. Ho-honest mistake.
没关系的。无心之过。
Phoebe: Really it doesn't mean anything.
那真的不代表什么。
Phoebe: I mean, you know, Monica refers to Chandler as Richard all the time!
我是说,你知道的,莫妮卡也常常把钱德叫成理查!
Chandler: She does?
她有吗?
Monica: Let's get you out of here!
我们快让你离开吧!
Monica: Well, at uh least you took me down with you!
至少你也拖我下水了!
Phoebe: I'm sooo sorry! I just ... I keep thinking about Mike!
真……不好意思!!我一直在想念麦克!
Phoebe: I'm crazy about David, and we're having so much fun together.
我喜欢大卫,我们在一起很快乐。
Phoebe: Why-why do I miss Mike? That's just, that's gonna go away, right?
为什么我还会想麦克呢?会过去的,对吗?
Monica: I guess, in time.
嗯,我猜是吧,总有一天。
Phoebe: Yeah.
是啊。
Monica: I mean, my-my feelings for Richard are certainly gone.
我是说我对理查的感觉都已经消失了。
Phoebe: You just did it again. Chandler, your feelings for Chandler are certainly gone!
你又来了,是钱德,你对钱德的感觉都已经消失了!
David: Well, Phoebe's still pretty hung up on that Mike, huh?
菲比还是对麦克恋恋不舍,对吧?
Chandler: Uh I wouldn't read too much into it.
我不会想太多的。
David: Still you know, a-a girl calls you by her ex-boyfriend's name, that-that-that's not a good thing, right?
不予置评,女朋友把你叫成了以前的男朋友,可不是件好事吧?
Chandler: David, let me, let me stop you there 'cause I think I see where this is going. I'm not very good at giving advice.
大卫,别往下说了,我想我明白你的处境。我不善于给人出主意。
Chandler: So if you want advice, go to Ross, Monica, or ... Joey, if the thing you wanna advice about is pizza toppings or burning sensation when you pee.
如果你想要好的建议,去找罗斯,莫妮卡,或是……乔伊,如果你想了解顶尖比萨或者超爽小便的话。
David: Sorry, I just ... I wish there was something I could do, you know?
很抱歉,我只是希望能做点什么,你知道吗?
David: Well, you know Phoebe ...
嗯,你知道菲比……
Chandler: Seriously, we're gonna do this?
真的,我们要这样吗?
David: I'm sorry, I, I just wish I could make her forget about Mike already, you know ... Why-why did Phoebe and Mike uh break up?
很抱歉,我只希望我能让她忘了麦克,菲比跟麦克为什么分手呢?
Chandler: Oh, because his penis was too big.
因为他的阴茎太大了。
Chandler: Huh! I'm sorry, that's the kinda thing I do.
抱歉,那才是我擅长的事。
Chandler: They-they broke up because Mike didn't wanna get married. Hey, what if you just let Phoebe know you'd be open to marriage?
他们分手是因为麦克不想要结婚。嘿,如果让菲比知道你对婚姻没有异议呢?
David: That's great! That's, that's great! I'll-I'll propose to her!
太棒了!太棒了!我会跟她求婚!
Chandler: What?
什么?
David: Well, I was probably going to do it at some point.
反正我迟早都会这么做的。
Chandler: No no, I didn't mean now.
不不,我没有说现在。
David: Why-why not? It's brilliant! Goodbye Mike, we'll-we'll see you at the wedding, fella!
为何不呢?这实在太聪明了!再见,麦克,我们婚礼见!
David: Well, we-we probably won't invite you to the wedding but ... Thank you, Chandler. I sincerely, thank you.
老兄我们可能也不会邀请你参加婚礼,但是……衷心地谢谢你,钱德。
Chandler: Well, you're welcome! Glad I could help.
你不用客气!很高兴能够帮得上忙。
David: How do you think I should propose?
你认为我该怎么求婚呢?
Chandler: David, I'm pretending to read here!
大卫,我在假装阅读!
Joey: Yeah! How you doing? Yeah alright!
抱歉!你好吗?太飒了!
Joey: Hey, hey! You said you're gonna wear a thong, where's the thong?
嘿,嘿!你说你要穿丁字裤的,丁字裤呢?
Charlie: I didn't mean a thong ... I meant thongs ...
我不是说丁字裤……我是说夹脚凉鞋……
Joey: You really should've been more clear about that!
你应该要说清楚的!
Ross: Hey!
嘿!
Joey: Hey!
嘿!
Ross: You're never gonna guess who I just saw downstairs!
你们不会相信我在楼下看到谁!
Joey: Oh oh ah ah! Britney Spears!
哦!呃!小甜甜!
Ross: Yeah, she never misses these conferences.
是啊,她从来不会错过这些研讨会的。
Ross: No, I just saw Dr. Kenneth Schwartz!
不,我刚刚看到肯尼斯·史华兹博士!
Charlie: Oh my God!
喔,我的天啊!
Ross: I know!
我知道!
Charlie: Did you talk to him?
你有跟他说话吗?
Ross: Yeah ... what am I gonna say to Kenneth Schwartz?
是喔……我要跟肯尼斯·史华兹说什么呢?
Joey: You could say: "Hey Kenny, how come you're not Britney Spears?"
你可以说:“嗨,肯尼,为什么你不是小甜甜布兰妮呢?”
Ross: You ready to go?
你准备好要走了吗?
Joey: What? You-you're gonna go now? I thought we could hang out.
什么?你现在就要走了吗?我以为我们可以在一起度过。
Charlie: Oh I can't. I have seminars all day and I promised Ross I'd look at his speech.
我不行,我整天都有研讨会,我答应罗斯我会看看他的演说稿。
Ross: Yeah.
是啊。
Charlie: But maybe we can have dinner later? On the balcony? Will be romantic.
但是或许我们晚点可以共进晚餐,在阳台外面?会很浪漫的。
Joey: Will you wear a thong?
你可以穿丁字裤吗?
Charlie: I will if you will.
你穿我就穿。
Joey: You got yourself a very weird deal!
你的交换条件真是奇怪!
Ross: I'm good, I-I have dinner plans.
我很好,我晚餐已经有安排了。
Charlie: So you're gonna ok?
你一个人可以吗?
Joey: Yeah, yeah. I got, I got tons of stuff I could do. I'm gonna hit the beach, go swimming ...
是的,可以我有很多事可以做。我要去海滩,去游泳……
Ross: Uh, Joe, have you looked outside?
乔伊,你有看看外面吗?
Joey: No, why?
没有,为什么呢?
Joey: Oh man!
天啊!
Charlie: There's an indoor pool, you-you could swim there!
这里有室内游泳池,你可以在那边游泳!
Ross: Yeah.
是啊。
Joey: I wasn't gonna swim, I was gonna dig a hole!
我没有要游泳,我是要去挖洞的!
Monica: Wow! That Mike thing was interesting! I don't-I don't know what's gonna happen with Phoebe and David.
哇!麦克那件事真是有趣!我不知道菲比跟大卫之间会发生什么事。
Chandler: I do! Wanna hint? huh? "I do""I do".
我知道!想要个提示吗?“我愿意”“我愿意”。
Monica: Ok, I'm sensing this is some kind of word play, because you are pink with barely controlled glee.
好的,我可以感到这是什么文字游戏的,因为你已经有点无法控制的兴奋发红了。
Chandler: David is gonna propose to Phoebe.
大卫要跟菲比求婚了。
Monica: What? Why?
什么?为什么?
Chandler: Because, we were talking about ways that he could beat Mike and I told him that Phoebe wanted to get married.
因为我们本来在谈有哪些他可以赢过麦克的方式,而我告诉他菲比想要结婚。
Monica: Chandler, we have talked about this.
钱德,我们已经谈过了。
Monica: You are not supposed to give people advice!
你不可以给别人建议的!
Monica: Now, could-couldn't you've made some sort of inappropriate joke?
现在,你不能说一些什么不适宜的笑话就好了吗?
Chandler: I did! A penis one! Just so I know, what was so wrong about what I said?
我说了!一个阴茎的笑话!说明一下,我说的有什么不对的呢?
Monica: They've only been going out for a few weeks!
他们才交往几个星期而已!
Monica: Phoebe is completely hung up on Mike!
菲比还无法忘记麦克!
Monica: She'll say "No", David's heart will be broken, it will be too hard for them to recover from and then Phoebe will end up alone again.
我想她会拒绝的,然后大卫的心会碎,他们会很难复合而然后菲比又会是孤单的一个人。
Chandler: Man, that's some bad advice!
天啊,真是糟糕的建议!
Joey: Oh! Hey! Thank God you guys are here!
喔!嘿!感谢上帝你们来了!
Rachel: Hey! what's-what's going on?
嘿!怎么了?
Joey: Everything is upside down here!
这里的一切都不对劲!
Joey: It rains all day long, and nobody watches TV and Ross is famous!
整天都在下雨,没有人看电视,而且罗斯还很有名气!
Rachel: Alright, I don't wanna alarm anybody, but Monica's hair is twice as big as it was when we landed!
好的,我不想要惊动大家,但是莫妮卡的头发比下飞机时大了一倍!
Monica: Ok! When I go places with high humidity, it gets a little extra body, ok? !
好了,当我去高湿度地区的时候,头发就会比较蓬松,好吗?
Chandler: That's why our honeymoon photos look like me and Diana Ross!
那就是为什么我们的蜜月照看起来是我跟戴安娜·罗丝(黑人女歌手)!
Joey: Come on, I'll show you guys where to check in.
来吧,我带你们去登记住房。
Monica: Oh, honey, can you make sure we get a King size bed!
亲爱的,你可以确定我们可以拿到超大尺寸的床吗?
Phoebe: Oh! David, get one for us too! Oh, oh, and see if they have a heart-shaped one! And with mirrors on the ceiling!
大卫,也帮我们确定一下!还有看看他们有没有心型的床!而且天花板上要有镜子!
Monica: And-and make sure our room isn't next to theirs.
还有确定我们的房间不要在他们的隔壁。
Rachel: Ooh! You guys're so lucky you're here with people, I'd love to share this with someone.
喔,你们真幸运有人陪你们到这里,我真想跟某人分享这一切。
Monica: Oh honey, you have us. We love you.
亲爱的,你有我们,我们爱你。
Rachel: Ok, which one of you is gonna sleep with me?
太好了,你们谁要跟我睡?
Rachel: You know it's just such a romantic place. That's all, I just wish I could share with a guy.
这是个很浪漫的地方。我只希望可以跟一个男人共度。
Phoebe: Not Joey.
不是乔伊。
Rachel: Not Joey, no, I, I was, I was just lusting after Chandler.
不是乔伊,不是,我只是在垂涎钱德。
Monica: Yeah, right!
是啊,没错!
David: So, um ... I am uh, proposing to Phoebe tonight.
嗯……我今晚要向菲比求婚。
Chandler: Tonight? ! Isn't an engagement ring supposed to have a diamond?
今晚?订婚戒指不是应该要有钻石的吗?
Chandler: Oh, there it is!
喔,在这里!
David: Yeah, well um, being a failed scientist doesn't pay quite as well as you might think.
是啊,一个失败的科学家并没有你想像的赚的多。
David: That's um ... that's one seventieth of a karat. And-and the clarity is um ... is quite poor.
那是七十分之一克拉。清晰度是很差。
Chandler: Nice!
很好!
Chandler: Monica, can I talk to you for a second?
莫妮卡,我可以跟你谈一下吗?
Monica: Ok!
好的。
Chandler: David is gonna propose to Phoebe tonight!
大卫要在今晚跟菲比求婚!
Monica: See what happens when you give people advice? I hope you told him not to?
看见你建议的结果了吧?你建议他别去了吗?
Chandler: That would be advice!
那又会是一个建议了!
Monica: Ok fine. I'll handle this. Phoebe?
好的,没关系,让我来处理。菲比?
Phoebe: Yeah?
怎样?
Monica: I need to talk to you.
我需要跟你谈谈。
Phoebe: Are you leaving The Supremes?
你要离开你的主宰了吗?
Monica: Ok, my husband just gave your boyfriend some very bad advice.
我老公刚给了你男友 一个很糟糕的建议。
Monica: Look, David is gonna propose to you tonight.
听着,大卫今晚要跟你求婚了。
Phoebe: Wow. Really? That's fantastic!
哇,真的吗?这实在太棒了!
Monica: What? Are you serious? Wha-what? You wanna marry him? What-what about Mike?
什么?你是说真的吗?你想嫁给他?那麦克呢?
Phoebe: Oh, ok, you want me to marry Mike?
好的,你要我嫁给麦克是吗?
Phoebe: Alright, well, let's just gag him and handcuff him and force him down the aisle, Ok?
好的,让我们把他塞住嘴巴用手铐铐住他然后逼他踏上红毯,好吗?
Phoebe: I mean I-I can just see it: "Mike, do you take the ... " You know, it's every girl's dream!
我已经可以预见到 “麦克,你愿意娶菲比吗?”你知道吗?真是每个女孩的梦想!
Monica: Do you really think that marrying someone else is the right answer?
你真的认为嫁给别人是对的?
Phoebe: Sure! Look, ok, bottom line: I love Mike ... David! David. I love David. Don't look at me that way, Roseanne Rosannadanna!
当然!底线:我爱麦克……大卫!大卫。我爱大卫。别这么看着我,罗斯尼·罗斯戴安娜!(吉尔达·瑞德创造的字符,吉尔达的发型与莫妮卡相似)