Charlie: Oh! That feels sooo good!
哇,这真是舒服。
Rachel: Oh, lucky me! Coffee and a live sex show!
哎呀,我运气真好,有咖啡喝还可以看现场性爱演出!
Charlie: I'm sorry, what?
不好意思,什么呢?
Rachel: Ah? Oh, I'm sorry, nothing, I was just-I was just reading to Emma.
不好意思,没事,我只是在念书给艾玛听。
Charlie: From ... Cosmo?
时尚杂志?
Rachel: Yeah, yeah. It's uh, "climax your way to better skin."
是啊,是啊,是……《让你有更细致的肌肤》。
Charlie: So, I have to go shopping today, which is my least favourite thing, I'm soo bad at picking out clothes!
我今天必须要去买衣服,这真是我最不喜欢做的事,我实在是很不会挑选衣服。
Joey: So you need someone who knows fashion, to uh tell you what looks good.
所以你需要有很了解时尚的人来给你建议。
Rachel: Not me, not me, not me, not me, not me!
不要是我,不要是我,不要是我。
Joey: Oh hey Rach!
嘿,瑞秋?
Rachel: Yeah?
怎样?
Joey: Maybe you could take Charlie shopping.
或许你可以带查莉去买衣服。
Rachel: Oh, well ...
喔,嗯……
Charlie: I'm sure you have better things to do.
你可能很忙没空吧。
Joey: Are you kidding?
你在开玩笑吗?
Joey: Rachel loves to shop! And she has great taste! Yeah, she's the one who taught me, you don't wear white after labour day and that you always, always, always have to put on underwear when you're trying on clothes.
瑞秋爱死逛街了,而且她品味极佳!就是她教我,在劳工节之后不要穿白色衣服而且永远、永远记住在试穿衣服时一定要穿内衣裤。
Charlie: If you have the time, I'd really appreciate the help.
如果你有空,我会很感激你的帮忙的。
Rachel: Ok, uh-uh ... Let's-Let's shop!
好的,好啊,我们逛街去!
Joey: Ok, you're gonna come back with some very classy clothes ... and some slutty lingerie, slutty!
好的,你一定会买回来很多有格调的衣服……还有一些淫荡的内衣,淫荡喔!
Phoebe: Ok, great! All right, bye! Pain in the ass!
好的,太好了,再见!超级讨厌的!
Phoebe: That's off, right?
已经挂掉了,对吗?
Joey: What's the matter, Pheebs?
怎么了?菲比?
Phoebe: Oh ... Mike's sister just invited me to a party tonight, he's gonna be there.
麦克的姐姐刚邀请我去今晚的派对,而且他也会去。
Phoebe: And she was like "Oh, don't worry! I asked him. He's totally ok with seeing you!"
她说“别担心,我问过他了,他完全不介意见到你!”
Phoebe: So now I have to go so he'll think that I'm totally ok with seeing him!
所以现在我一定得去了,否则他会认为我很介意见到他。
Rachel: Which you're not, because you've totally hung up on him!
你根本就很介意,你还没有忘记他。
Phoebe: Exactly!
没错!
Rachel: And you're gonna want him to eat his heart out so you're gonna have to look fabulous!
你想要他懊悔不已,所以你一定要看起来艳光四射!
Phoebe: I didn't even think about that! Aaargh, sexual politics!
我根本没有那样想过!啊哈!性欲权术!
Rachel: Hey, Pheebs, I'm-I'm taking Charlie shopping, why don't you come and I'll help you find something.
菲比,我要带查莉去逛街。一起来,我可以帮你挑衣服。
Phoebe: Ok, that'll be great!
太棒了!
Joey: Oh, ain't that nice? The three of you, trying on slutty lingerie together.
真是太好了,你们三个人,一起试穿淫荡睡衣。
Rachel: That's not what we're gonna do!
我们没有要那样做!
Joey: Why would you ruin it, who was that hurting?
你为何要破坏这个画面?我得罪谁了?
Chandler: Wow! Fortunately she has a very pretty face!
哇!还好她有个漂亮脸蛋!
Monica: Oh, I so can't believe this! My uterus is an inhospitable environment? I was trying so hard to be a good hostess!
喔,我还是无法相信!我的子宫是不适宜着床的环境?我一直都很努力想要当个称职的女主人!
Chandler: Oh, I can't believe my sperm have low motility, because, let me tell you, when I was growing up they sure seem to be in a hurry to get places!
我不敢相信我的精子的活动力太低,当我在长大的时候,它们倒是等不及要到处去游玩!
Doctor Connelly: Hi there.
嗨。
Chandler: Hi.
嗨。
Monica: Hi.
嗨。
Doctor Connelly: Well, I'm sorry there wasn't better news from your test last week but uh I wanted to talk to you about your options.
关于你们上星期的测试我很抱歉,没有什么更好的消息,但是我想要跟你们谈谈你们可有的选择。
Monica: Ok.
好的。
Doctor Connelly: Well, first of all, even though your chances of conceiving through natural means aren't great, you never know! So, keep having sex on a regular basis.
虽然你们以正常方式受孕的几率很低,但是很难定论的!所以你们还是持续进行性生活。
Chandler: Ah, damn it!
该死!
Monica: Don't worry, after a while you'll-you'll tune it out.
别担心,等一下你就会习惯了。
Doctor Connelly: Well, given your situation, the options with the greatest chances for success would be surrogacy, or insemination using a sperm donor.
在这种情况之下,最佳的选择就是代理孕母或是经由捐赠精子受孕。
Monica: Ok.
好的。
Doctor Connelly: And, of course, if you feel that neither of those is right for you, you could always adopt.
如果你们认为上述两种选择都不适合,你们还是可以选择领养。
Chandler: Is that a hint?
这是个暗示吗?
Chandler: Because we love you Doctor Connelly, but we don't think we want you to be our child!
我们是挺热爱你的,唐纳利医生,但是我们不想要领养你!
Chandler: Wow, talking about an inhospitable environment!
糟糕!说的话还真不受欢迎!
Rachel: Hi! Ok, you ready to go pick up Phoebe and go shopping?
嗨,你准备好要去接菲比逛街了吗?
Charlie: Oh, yeah! Let's do it!
我们走吧!
Joey: Alright, have a good time.
好的,祝你们逛的愉快。
Rachel: Not gonna find any clothes in there!
那里面是找不到衣服的!
Ross: Hey, you guys!
嘿,你们好!
Rachel: Hi.
嗨。
Ross: Guess who's up for keynote speaker at the National Paleontology Conference?
猜猜看谁是全国古生物学大会的主讲人?
Charlie: Umh ... Kurs Bailey?
额……克里斯·培利吗?
Ross: Yeah, right! What was last time he made a submission deadline for an abstract?
对啊,是啊!他上次准时提交摘要是什么时候呢?
Ross: Well, why're you laughing?
你为什么要笑呢?
Joey: Just ... seeing what it'd be like to be a paleontologist ... it's fun, yeah!
只是想了解一下当古生物学家是怎样的……真好玩,是啊!
Charlie: So you're up for keynote speaker!
所以你要当主讲人!
Ross: Yeah.
是的。
Charlie: Who's making the decision?
是谁做的决定呢?
Ross: Professor Sherman, yeah. I'm meeting with him today.
薛曼教授。我今天要跟他见面。
Charlie: Oh, he's a pretty tough guy to impress.
他是个蛮难伺候的人。
Ross: Yeah, well, I think I know how to dazzle him.
是啊,我想我知道要怎么迷惑他。
Rachel: Oh ... you're not gonna do a magic trick, are ya?
你应该不是要变魔术吧?
Ross: Tsz ... No!
不是!
Chandler: Hey you guys!
大家好!
Ross: Wait a minute, you guys. Oh, I wanna ask you something. I-I-I may get to speak at this paleontology convention and if I do, I'd love you guys to come and hear me.
等一等!我想要问你们一个问题,我可能会在这个古生物学大会演说。如果是这样,我想邀请你们来听我的演讲。
Chandler: I think I can safely say that we all have family issues, work stuff and or are sick.
我想如果说我们都有家庭 、工作或是身体不适等理由是安全的。
Ross: It's in Barbados.
是在巴贝多。
Chandler: But you come first!
但是你是最重要的!
Rachel: I'm there!
我去定了!
Joey: I don't know Ross, I'm not feeling too ...
我不知道,罗斯,我不是觉得很……
Rachel: Barbados is in the Caribbean, Joe.
巴贝多是在加勒比海,乔伊。
Joey: Why didn't anybody say so? !
为什么没有人说呢?
Charlie: See you later.
待会见。
Joey: Ok, bye.
好的,再见。
Rachel: Bye, see ya.
再见。再见。
Chandler: Ok.
好的。
Joey: All right. So, how did it go at the fertility clinic?
验孕诊所怎么说?
Chandler: Not as much fun as last time. Apparently you only get porn if you're giving a sperm sample.
不像上次一样好玩很明显地,他们只有在采精子样本时才会给你看色情书刊。
Ross: So uh, so what'd the doctor say?
那医生怎么说呢?
Chandler: Well ... there's surrogacy, but Monica's dreamt her whole life of carrying a child, she just felt that watching a surrogate would be ... too hard for her.
可以用代理孕母,但莫妮卡这一辈子都在梦想怀孕,而她会觉得看着代理孕母怀孕,对她而言会太难受了。
Joey: So you're ruling out surrogacy?
所以你们不考虑代理孕母?
Chandler: Yeah.
没错。
Joey: So, I don't have to learn what that means?
所以我不用知道那是什么意思啰?
Chandler: Aside from adoption the only other choice is insemination, so ... we're talking about sperm donors.
除了领养外,剩下的选择就是接受精子捐赠。所以我们现在在讨论精子捐赠者的事。
Joey: Enough said, I'm there for you man. Where is she, upstairs?
够了,我随时为你效劳,兄弟 她在哪?楼上吗?
Chandler: Ah-ha!
啊哈!
Chandler: Your long-standing offer to have sex with my wife is appreciated.
我是非常感激你长期以来想跟我老婆上床的好意,
Chandler: But I think I'll pass.
但是我想我心领了。
Ross: So, uh, how do you feel about all this?
那你的感觉呢?
Chandler: Oh, I wish there was an easier way for us to have a child but, I don't think there is one.
我真希望我们有更简单的方式可生孩子,但是我们并没有选择。
Joey: Come on Ross, be a good guy. Step up and do it!
别这样,罗斯,做做好人,挺身而出吧!
Ross: What?
什么?
Ross: What? No! I am not gonna give them Ben!
什么?不!我不会把班给他们的!
Ross: The data we are receiving from MRI scans and DNA testing of these fossils are-are staggering.
我们从磁共振造影跟脱氧核糖核酸测试所取得的化石资料数据是很惊人的。
Professor Sherman: Mmm-mm.
恩恩。
Ross: I mean, we've been accepting Leakey's dates as a-a given, but if they're off by even a hundred thousand years or so then you can-you can just throw most of our assumptions, you know, right in the trash.
我的意思是,我们一直以来都将李奇年代法视为理所当然,但是如果它的误差即使只有十万年左右,那你可以舍弃我们大部分推论,你知道的,丢到垃圾桶里。
Ross: So-so what I am saying is-is, is that, is that, uh the repercussions could, could be huge!
所以,我要说的是……是……是所受影响的后果是很大的!
Ross: I mean, not just in palaeontology, but if, if you think about it, in-in evolutionary biology, uh, genetics, geology, uh, I mean, truly, the-the mind boggles!
我是说,不只是在古生物学,但是如果你仔细想想,甚至是在进化生物学、基因学、地质学我是说,真的,无限想像的空间!
Ross: Oh, that's not what you want.
嗯,结果不该是这样的。
Shop assistant: Incentive For Men?
男人的动机?
Phoebe: Oh, I'll take some of that.
我要喷一点。
Rachel: Pheebs, that's for men!
菲比,那是男生的香水。
Phoebe: No, I know, but this way when I go to the party later, Mike will know I am over him 'cause I'm gonna smell like another guy.
不,我知道,但是在我等一下去派对时,麦克会知道我已经忘了他了,因为我闻起来会有另一个男人的味道。
Phoebe: Yeah. Ok.
好了。
Phoebe: Oh good, I'm dating a Russian cab driver ...
太好了,我在跟俄罗斯计程车司机约会。
Phoebe: Seriously, Does anyone buy this? I smell like beets!
拜托,有人买这个吗?这闻起来像是甜菜!
Charlie: So, you know what, I really like those jackets with the shoulder pads on them. Where do you think those would be?
我真的很喜欢那些有垫肩的外套,在哪边有呢?
Rachel: Um, on Melanie Griffith in "Working Girl".
梅兰尼·格里菲斯在《打工女郎》里面穿的。
Rachel: Um, I think what you want is over here.
我想你适合穿的在这边。
Charlie: See, I told you I needed someone!
我就知道,我需要有人帮我!
Charlie: Oh, you know, by the way, as a "thank you", I would really love to take you out.
对了,为了要谢谢你,我真的很想请你吃饭。
Rachel: Really?
真的吗?
Charlie: Yeah! Actually Joey and I are going to the movies tonight, you wanna come?
是的!乔伊跟我今晚要去看电影,你想要一起去吗?
Rachel: Oh, I can't. Because I've-I've, I've seen them.
我不行。因为我看过了。
Charlie: You've seen, all the movies.
你已经看过所有的电影了?
Rachel: Yeah! I'm a big fan! Of the movies, you know. Motion pictures. The Talkies!
是啊!我为之入迷!电影迷,所有的电影。有声电影!
Phoebe: Hey, Rach, will you come with me to-to a dressing room?
瑞秋,你可以跟我进去试衣间试穿吗?
Rachel: Sure!
当然!
Phoebe: Ok!
好的!
Charlie: Well- you know, maybe we can do something else!
或许我们可以做别的事!
Rachel: Well, you know that depends on what it is! I've done a lot of stuff.
你知道的,那要看是什么事,很多东西我都做过了。
Phoebe: So now what were you doing out there, do you not like Charlie?
你刚刚是怎么了?你不喜欢查莉吗?
Rachel: She's-she's ok, I just, I don't know, I still don't get a really good vibe from her!
她还好啦,我不知道,我只是跟她不投缘吧!
Phoebe: Why?
为什么?
Rachel: I don't know, you know, just the wayshe waltzed in here all smart, and tall! You know, and just swept Joey off his feet, I mean, nobody else has a chance!
我不知道,你知道的,只是她的一举一动聪明的要命,而且又……高挑!你知道的……然后又把乔伊迷的东倒西歪的,别人都没有机会!
Phoebe: Who else?
还有谁呢?
Rachel: Anybody! You, me, you know, Monica's mom.
任何人啊!你,我,你知道的,莫妮卡的妈。
Phoebe: You like Joey?
你喜欢乔伊?
Rachel: Shhh! Phoebe!
嘘嘘!菲比!
Rachel: All right, look. You know, I have, I have a little thing for him.
好吧,你说的没错,我对他是有点感觉。
Phoebe: Oh my God!
喔,我的天啊!
Rachel: It's just physical and I have it totally under control! Ok? It's just, when I see them together, sometimes I-I just, I get a little jealous!
只是肉欲的我已经完全控制住了,好吗?只是……当我看到他们在一起,有时候,我就会有点忌妒!
Phoebe: Uh, wow! Isn't it ironic that he liked you and now you like him.
哇,好讽刺喔!他以前喜欢过你,然后现在你喜欢他。
Rachel: I get it!
我知道!
Phoebe: Oh all right, as long as it is under control, you know, I mean, you can't do anything about it, he's already dating her, and she is a nice person, that wouldn't be right.
好吧,一切都控制住就好了,你不可以采取任何行动,他已经跟她在一起了她是个好人,那是不对的。
Rachel: Right, I know, I know, so it is, it's just not a big deal.
好吧,我知道,我知道,所以没事啦。
Phoebe: Yeah.
是啊。
Rachel: So can we keep this between us?
你可以不要说出去吗?
Phoebe: Sure! Sure! Ok.
当然!
Rachel: Ok, great, 'cause I gotta get out of here, the smell of beets is killing me!
太好了,因为我得出去了,我快被甜菜味熏死了!
Phoebe: Oh.
噢。
Phoebe: Any-any chance Charlie has a deaf twin?
查莉可能会有耳聋的双胞胎妹妹吗?
Monica: Hi honey!
嗨,亲爱的!
Chandler: Hey!
嘿!
Chandler: Look, I brought a friend home for dinner, this is Zack from work!
我带个朋友回来吃晚餐,这是我同事柴克!
Monica: Oh, of course, it's so nice to see you again, Zack!
当然啦,很高兴再见到你,柴克。
Zack: You too.
我也是!
Chandler: You guys haven't actually met before, but, boy! You're both polite!
你们并没有见过面,天啊!你们还真有礼貌!
Chandler: Why don't you have a seat Zack, I'll get you a beer.
请坐,我帮你拿啤酒。
Monica: I got it.
我来拿。
Zack: Thanks.
谢谢。
Chandler: So, Zack's pretty nice, uh?
柴克不错吧?
Monica: Yeah, I guess.
是啊,应该吧。
Chandler: So, how would you like to have a baby that's half yours and half his?
那你想不想要跟他生个小孩呢?
Monica: Excuse me?
什么?
Chandler: Well, we're talking about sperm donors and Zack may be the guy! I mean, look, he's intelligent, he's healthy, he's athletic, I mean, he is "spermtastic"!
我们在讲的是精子捐赠者,而柴克或许就是适当的人选!我是说,你看他,他很聪明、健康、体格强壮,我是说,他是最佳人选了!
Monica: Chandler, this is crazy! What did you even say to him! "Come up, meet my wife! Give us your sperm"!
钱德,这太疯狂了!你是怎么跟他说的?“上来看看我老婆!给我们你的精子”!
Chandler: No, I invited him to dinner so you could get a chance to get to know him! You know, I mean, if we go to a sperm bank you never meet the guy, get to check him out.
不,我邀请他来吃晚餐让你见见他!如果是精子银行,我们根本不能见到那个捐赠者。
Monica: Chandler!
钱德!
Chandler: I'm telling you, he's great!
我告诉你,他棒透了!
Chandler: I mean, even if my sperm worked fine, I'd think he'd be the way to go!
我是说,即使我的精子没有问题,我也认为我们应该选择他!
Monica: I'm not going to be a part of this!
我不要做这件事!
Monica: You can't just bring some random guy at home and expect him to be our sperm donor!
你不能随便带个男的回来当精子捐赠者!
Chandler: Ok!
好吧!
Monica: Uh!
额!
Chandler: Zack!
柴克!
Zack: Thanks!
谢谢!
Zack: You uh, you have a coaster? I don't wanna make a ring.
你有杯垫吗?我不想留下印子。
Monica: Tell me about yourself, Zack!
多聊聊你自己,柴克!
Rachel: Oh, God, you think she heard? It would be so bad if she heard!
天啊,你觉得她听到了吗?如果她听到就惨了!
Phoebe: Well, maybe she didn't hear! Ok I'm gonna go into that dressing room, you stay in here and I'll talk, see if you can hear me.
或许她没有听到!我到隔壁间说话,你待在这里,看看你是不是可以听到我说话。
Rachel: Ok, great!
好的,太棒了!
Rachel: Oh, thank God I can't hear a word that you're saying!
喔,感谢上帝,我听不到你说话!
Phoebe: I didn't say anything yet!
我还没有开始说话!
Rachel: Well, get back in there and talk!
那回去里面然后说话啊!
Phoebe: I'm Rachel. It's so annoying when I put Emma on the phone to talk with my friends.
我是瑞秋。让艾玛在电话上跟我朋友讲话真的很讨厌。
Rachel: What? !
什么?!
Phoebe: Well, some things are just hard to say to your face.
嗯,有些事是很难当你的面说的。
Rachel: Ok, well, I heard that! Which means that she heard it too!
好吧,我听到了!表示她也听到了!
Phoebe: Ooh! We have a problem.
喔!我们有麻烦了。
Rachel: Oh! What are we gonna do?
喔,我们该怎么办呢?
Stranger: Just be honest with her.
就老实跟她说吧。
Rachel: Oh, my God!
喔,我的天啊!
Stranger: And it is annoying when parents put their babies on the phone.
父母让婴儿听电话的确是很讨厌好了。
Rachel: Alright! Enough out of you!
好啦!你说够了!
Phoebe: Thank you.
谢谢。