手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 老友记(全十季) > 老友记Friends 第五季 > 正文

老友记 第5季:第4集 好人好事(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Monica: Come in. I've been waiting for you.

进来,我等很久了。
Rachel: Hi! I just wanna Ahhh!!! My God! Oh my God! Monica!
我只是……天啊,莫妮卡。
Monica: Ok, I'm sorry! Sorry, I-I-I was um, I was taking a nap.
抱歉抱歉,我正在睡午觉。
Rachel: Uh! Since when do you take naps in that position? Oh God Monica, tell me you were waiting for a guy!Please tell me you were waiting for a guy!
你从何时开始,用那种怪姿势睡觉?莫妮卡,你是在等男人吧?拜托你说是在等男人。
Monica: Yes. Yes, I was. A guy. From work. I'm seeing a guy from work! Ha!
没错。是一个同事,我在和同事交往!
Rachel: That cute waiter guy from your restaurant, the one that looks like a non-threatening Ray Liotta?
我最近跟同事约会!那个长得像雷·利奥塔(影星)亲切版的帅哥服务生?
Monica: Uh-huh, that one!
就是他!
Rachel: You know what, I-I, just give me a second and I'll be out of your hair. I'm just gonna grab a jacket. When I get back, I want every little detail. Maybe that's him.
我马上就闪人,我只是回来拿件外套,等我回来可要告诉我详情。他可能来了。
Monica: Ok, umm, ok, umm...It's just Joey and Ross.
或许……只是乔伊跟罗斯。
Rachel: Why aren't you guys at the movie?
你们不是去看电影吗?
Joey: Well, we were! But Ross was talking so loud on his phone, they threw us out!
对啊,可是罗斯讲电话太吵,我们被电影院轰了出来……
Ross: I had to talk loud because the movie was loud!
电影太吵,我当然得大声讲!
Joey: He's talking to London!
他打电话去伦敦。
Monica: My God! Did he get in touch with Emily?
为什么?他找到艾蜜莉了?
Joey: Well no, not yet. He's calling everyone on her side of the family hoping that someone will help him get in touch with her.
还没,但是他打给女方亲戚,希望有人愿意帮他。
Ross: I-I-I don't care if I said some other girl's name you prissy, old twit!
就算我说错名字又如何,你这大惊小怪的笨蛋!
Joey: Ross! Way to suck up to the family.
罗斯,你巴结亲家真有一套。
Chandler: I'm so glad you guys are all here! My office finally got wrinkle free fax paper!
真高兴大家都在,我们公司终于买免皱传真纸了。
Ross: Oh hi, is this Nanny Hopkins? I'm-I'm looking for Emily. Waltham.
请问是霍普金奶妈吗?我找艾蜜莉·沃森。
Ross: Oh, I-I'm sorry. Is this 0-1-1-4-4-7-4-2-9-3-4-7-4-2-6-7? Oh it's "4-3", not 4-2. Oh, we-well, which 4-2?
抱歉,这是0114474293474267吗?是43不是42啊,哪个42?
Joey: Hey!
嗨!
Chandler: Oh no-no-no-no-no-no, vomit tux! No-no, vomit tux!
别过来,那是呕吐西装。
Joey: Don't worry, I had it dry-cleaned.
放心,我送去干洗过了。
Monica: Vomit tux? Who vomited on- you know what, what're you up to Joe?
呕吐西装?谁会吐在西装上?乔伊,你为何穿成这样?
Joey: Well, I'm doing this telethon thing on TV and my agent got me a job as co-host!
我要上马拉松式电视节目。我的经纪帮我争取当主持群!
Monica: Oh that's great!
太棒了!
Joey: Yeah, a little uh, good deed for PBS plus some little TV exposure, now that's the kind of math Joey likes to do!
帮公共电视台做好事,又能增加曝光率。我乔伊最爱做这种事了。
Phoebe: Ugh, PBS!
公视啊!
Monica: What's wrong with PBS?
公视哪里不对了?
Phoebe: Oh, what's right with them?
他们哪里对?
Joey: Why don't you like PBS, Pheebs?
菲比,你为何不喜欢公视?
Phoebe: Ok, cause right after my mom killed herself, I was just in this really bad place, you know personally.
因为我妈自杀之后,我个人非常难过。
Phoebe: So, I just thought that it'd make me feel better if I wrote to Sesame Street, 'cause they were so nice when I was a little kid! No one ever wrote back.
所以我想写信给芝麻街,心情应该会好一点。因为我小时候,总觉得他们很亲切,结果根本没人回信。
Chandler: Well you know a lot of those Muppets don't have thumbs.
那些布偶根本没有手指。
Phoebe: All I got was a lousy key chain! And by that time I was living in a box. I didn't have keys!
我只收到一个烂钥匙环,拜托,我那时住在纸箱里耶!连钥匙都没有!
Joey: I'm sorry Pheebs, I just, you know, I just wanted to do a good deed. Like-like you did with the babies.
我很遗憾,菲比,我只是想做好事,就像你帮忙生小孩。
Phoebe: This isn't a good deed, you just wanted to get on TV! This is totally selfish.
你才不是做善事,只是想上电视,根本就很自私。
Joey: Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What about you, having those babies for your brother? Talk about selfish!
你帮弟弟生小孩又怎么说?自私的不是只有我。
Phoebe: What-what are you talking about? !
你胡说什么?
Joey: Ah, well-yeah, it was a really nice thing and all, but it made you feel really good right?
你的确是帮忙他们,不过自己心情也很好吧?
Phoebe: Yeah. So?
那又如何?
Joey: Well, it made you feel good, so that makes it selfish. Look, there's no unselfish good deeds, sorry.
因为你做善事心情好,也算是自私的一种,世界上根本就没有无私的好事。
Phoebe: Yes there are! There are totally good deeds that are selfless.
明明就有有很多行善的人都没有私心。
Joey: Well, may I ask for one example?
请你举出一个例子。
Phoebe: Yeah, it's...You know there's- no you may not!
就是有,例如……反正你不是!
Joey: That's because all people are selfish.
因为所有人都很自私。
Phoebe: Are you calling me selfish? !
你说我自私?
Joey: Are you calling you people? Yeah, well sorry to burst that bubble, Pheebs, but selfless good deeds don't exist. Ok? And you know the deal on Santa Claus right?
你难道不是人?菲比,很抱歉戳破你的美梦,世界上没有无私的善事。你也知道圣诞老人吧?
Phoebe: I'm gonna find a selfless good dead. I'm gonna beat you, you evil genius.
我一定会找到一件无私的善事,打败你这个邪恶天才。
Ross: Hello.
喂。
Emily: Hello, Ross?
罗斯吗?
Ross: Emily? Em-! Oh my God! Oh my God, it's Emily! It's Emily everyone! Shush-shush-shhst! Hi!
艾蜜莉,天啊,是艾蜜莉!大家不要吵!嗨!
Emily: Ross, I'm only ringing to say stop harassing my relatives. Goodbye!
我打来只是要告诉你,别再骚扰我家人了,再见。
Ross: No wait! Look-! Ok, ok, you can hang up, but I'm gonna keep calling! I'm gonna, I'm gonna call everyone in England if that's what it takes to get you to talk to me!
等一下,就算你挂断,我也会继续,如果要打给所有英国人,才能逼你跟我说话。
Emily: Really? About what?
真的?你想谈什么?
Ross: Look you're-you're my wife. We're-we're married. You know? I-I love you. I-I really miss you.
你是我太太,我们已经结婚。而且我爱你,我很想你。
Emily: I miss you to. Well, at least I think I do.
我也很想你,至少我认为如此。
Ross: She's talking.
她肯跟我说话了。
All: Yay!
耶!
Phoebe: Hey, Joey, when you said the deal with Santa Clause, you meant?
乔伊,你刚刚为何提到圣诞老人?
Joey: That he doesn't exist.
根本没有这号人物。
Phoebe: Right.
这样啊。
Rachel: So Chandler, have you heard about Monica's secret boyfriend?
钱德,你听说,莫妮卡的地下情人了吗?
Chandler: Uhh, yeah. She uh, she uh, she might've mentioned him, yeah.
知道,她……她是提过。
Rachel: So Mon, when are we gonna meet this uh, new secret waiter man?
我们到底何时,才能认识这个服务生?
Monica: Ohh, he's really shy. I-I don't think he's up to meeting everyone yet.
他很害羞,现在还没准备,认识大家。
Chandler: Yeah, I don't think he's up to meeting everyone yet.
我想他还没准备好。
Rachel: I don't care! I wanna meet this guy who's the best sex she ever had!
我不管,我想见他,她说对方床上一级棒。
Chandler: Really? ! That's what you heard? You said that?
真的?她说过?你说过?
Monica: I mightn't said that. Why is that funny?
大概吧。这有什么好笑?
Chandler: Because I'm very happy for him! And you, you lucky dog!
因为我很为他高兴。你真是走狗运!
Ross: Hi!
嗨!
Monica: Hey!
嘿!
Ross: Well, Emily's willing to work on the relationship.
艾蜜莉愿意跟我复合。
Monica: That's great!
太好了!
Chandler: Yes!
好!
Ross: In London!
她要我去伦敦!
Monica: What?
什么?
Ross: She wants me to move to London.
她要我搬到伦敦去。
Monica: But you live here!
可是你住在这里。
Monica: You know that.
我这是废话。
Rachel: What-what-what are you gonna do?
你打算怎么办?
Ross: I don't know. I mean, I can't leave Ben.
不知道,我不能丢下班。
Chandler: Well, you just can video conference with him. I'm not ready to have a child.
你可以跟他用视讯会议,我还不够格当爸爸。
Ross: I bet if I talk to Carol and Susan I could convince them to move to London with Ben.
只要跟卡萝、苏珊谈谈,一定能说服她们带班搬到伦敦。
Monica: Yeah, I'm sure your ex-wife will be more than happy to move to another country so you can patch things up with your new wife.
想必你前妻一定乐意搬到国外,帮你挽回新太太。
Ross: It could happen.
不是不可能啊。
Carol: Ross, we are not moving to London. We already have lives here.
罗斯,我们才不搬到伦敦,我们的生活重心都在这里。
Ross: Yeah, but-but it'd be great. They-they have great theater, great accents. Uhh Tea. The-they have a queen.
但是那边很棒。有一流的戏院、口音、茶,英国还有女王。
Carol: So?
所以呢?
Ross: She's-she's a woman.
她是女人。
Susan: Hey!
嗨!
Ben: Daddy!
爸爸!
Ross: Hey! Guess what? ! We're moving to London! Yay!
告诉你,我们要搬到伦敦了!
Susan: Who's going to London?
谁要搬去伦敦?
Carol: Nobody's going to London.
不是我们。
Ross: Oh-um, Welcome to London, governor. Right, right. Hey it'll be great 'cause we'll have Big Ben and little Ben in the same city. Ooo-ooh! Hey, go pack! See? See, he wants to go.
欢迎莅临伦敦,总督。太棒了,到时伦敦就有大笨钟,跟我们小班了。赶快去整理行李!你们看,他想去。
Susan: Yeah, we leave all our big decisions to the 3-year-old.
是啊,我们都让三岁小鬼,决定家里大事。
Ross: Come on, come on. It-it'll be just like Three's Company only-only there's a kid and my wife and-and you're the gay ones.
这就像“三人行”嘛,只是另外两个,换成一个小孩跟我老婆,你们就是里面的同性恋角色。
Joey: How you doing? Welcome. Good to see ya!
你好,欢迎,幸会。
Stage Director: This will be your phone.
这就是你的电话。
Joey: That's great. But uh, I'm not really expecting a lot of calls.
真好,不过应该没有人会打来找我。
Stage Director: No, you answer it and take pledges.
你负责接电话接受捐款。
Joey: But I'm the host!
我是主持人!
Stage Director: No, Gary Collins is the host. You'll be answering the phone.
盖瑞卡林才是主持人,你负责接电话。
Joey: You don't seem to understand. See, I was Dr. Drake Remoray.
你恐怕搞不清楚状况,我是雷莫瑞医生。
Stage Director: Well, here's your phone, doctor.
你负责这支电话,医生。
Phoebe: I cannot believe I can't find a selfless good deed! Y'know that old guy that lives next to me? Well,I snack over there and-and raked up all the leaves on his front stoop.
我竟然找不到一件无私的善行。以前我家隔壁有个老头,我偷溜到他家,帮他打扫前廊的落叶。
Phoebe: But he caught me and force-fed me cider and cookies. Then I felt wonderful. That old jackass!
他捉到我之后,强迫我喝苹果汁、吃饼干。可是我却很开心,那个老混蛋!
Rachel: Maybe Joey's right. Maybe all good deeds are selfish.
或许乔伊说得对,所有好事的出发点都有私心。
Phoebe: I will find a selfless good deed! Cause I just gave birth to three children and I will not let them be raised in a world where Joey is right!
我一定要找到一件无私的善行。毕竟我才刚生出三个宝宝,不能让他们在乔伊有理的世界里长大。
Chandler: Hey, Monica? Can I ask you a cooking question?
莫妮卡,可以问你有关烹饪的问题吗?
Monica: Sure!
当然。
Chandler: If you're cooking, on the stove, does that mean that your new secret boyfriend is better in bed than Richard?
如果你用炉子烹饪,是否代表你新男友在床上比理查还厉害?
Rachel: Chandler! Is he?
钱德!有吗?
Monica: Well, you know I-I-I think I'm going to respect the privacy of my new secret boyfriend.
我要尊重秘密新男友的隐私。
Chandler: Why? I mean if this guy was me and it was me who had learned that it was me who was the best you'd ever had, I'd be going like this.
为什么?如果我是他,又知道自己是你碰过最棒的情人,我一定乐歪了。
Ross: All right Emily, as much as I love you, I'm sorry, I can't move to London without Ben.
艾蜜莉,虽然我很爱你,但是我不能丢下班去伦敦。
Emily: I understand that would be difficult.
我知道这很为难你。
Ross: Yeah, would you please consider moving here? I mean you were gonna move here anyway, why can't you just do that?
请你考虑搬过来好吗?你本来就打算搬来,为何不现在就来呢?
Emily: I don't know, it's just...
我不知道,只是……
Ross: Oh-oh-ok, but-but I know, that even though I've been a-a complete idiot up till now, I mean-I mean you-you-you have to come here. You have to, so we can work this out together.
我知道自己到目前为止,都蠢头蠢脑,但是你还是应该过来。我们才能继续走下去。
Emily: All right.
好吧。
Ross: All-all right, did you just say all right?
你刚说好?
Emily: I did. Now I'm an idiot.
没错,现在换我是白痴。
Ross: Oh, Emily that is, that is so great. It's gonna be so great! We're gonna be like-like-like two idiots in love!
艾蜜莉,太棒了,我们就像坠入爱河的白痴。
Emily: Ross, there's one thing that really scares me still.
罗斯,有件事还是让我很担心。
Ross: Yes, tell me.
你尽管说。
Emily: Well, you have to understand how humiliating it was for me up on that altar in front of my entire family, all my friends.
你要知道当天婚礼,我在亲朋好友面前有多丢脸。
Ross: I know. I am so sorry.
我知道,我非常抱歉。
Emily: And then after deciding to forgive you, seeing you at the airport catching our plane with her.
当我决定原谅你,却看到你跟她赶着上飞机。
Ross: Again, very sorry.
同样,我的错。
Emily: I mean, I can't-I can't be in the same room as her! It drives me mad just thinking of you being in the same room as her!
我根本无法与她共处一室,我光想到你跟她共处一室,就快气坏了。
Ross: Emily, there is nothing between Rachel and me. Ok? I love you.
艾蜜莉,我跟瑞秋根本没什么,我爱的是你。
Emily: All right. I'll come to New York and we'll try to make this work.
好吧。我去纽约,我们再试试看。
Ross: Uh that is so great! That's-that's...
太好了!
Emily: As long as you don't see Rachel anymore.
只要你答应不再见瑞秋。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
stove [stəuv]

想一想再看

n. 炉子,火炉窑;烘房;【主英】温室

 
unselfish ['ʌn'selfiʃ]

想一想再看

adj. 无私的

 
drives

想一想再看

n. 驱动器;驱动力;驱动程序(drive的复数形式)

 
privacy ['praivəsi]

想一想再看

n. 隐私,隐居,秘密

联想记忆
convince [kən'vins]

想一想再看

vt. 使确信,使信服,说服

联想记忆
bubble ['bʌbl]

想一想再看

n. 气泡,泡影
v. 起泡,冒泡

 
conference ['kɔnfərəns]

想一想再看

n. 会议,会谈,讨论会,协商会

联想记忆
beat [bi:t]

想一想再看

v. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动
n. 敲打,

 
patch [pætʃ]

想一想再看

n. 补丁,小片
vt. 修补,补缀

 
genius ['dʒi:njəs]

想一想再看

n. 天才,天赋

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。