Once there's wine involved.
等哪天他喝醉了吧。
So what does your wee brother do back home?
你的小兄弟在家干什么呢?
He is parish priest.
他是个教区牧师。
He's a sneaky wee bastard. You know the sort, Bobby.
他是个小混蛋,那种人你很了解的,鲍比。
Still goes poaching.
他还在偷东西?
Poaching jobs.
偷人的饭碗。
And he's younger than me by 8 years all right.
他比我整整年轻8岁。
Go on.
继续。
As a clergic, I work in a parish beside Kilrea. We hold the place...working my ass off.
做为一个教士,我在克里兰附近的教区工作,我们主持那里的工作……干得任劳任怨。
Escorting the elderly, mobile confession.
照顾老人,接受忏悔。
The glamorous stuff. -Oh, aye.
冠冕堂皇的活儿 - 噢 是啊。
So, anyway, the position comes up in Kilrea. -Right.
总之,终于克里兰有了空缺。 - 嗯。
And I'm passed over for some reason or other. No reason, probably.
我却因为什么原因落选了,也可能根本没有原因。
For taking too much cake off the ladies. -Probably.
是不是因为对女士的关心太多了?- 也许吧。
So?
所以?
So five years later the position again comes up back in Kilrea...and my brother Michael waltzes right in to it.
所以五年之后,克里兰又有了空缺,而我的兄弟迈克尔就那么当上了。
Fuck.
操。
He is made parish priest at 28.
他在28岁就当上了教区牧师。
More spiritual probably. Less liberal than you.
可能更崇高纯洁吧,比起你更守教条。
He worked the bishop. He's a golfer.
他做主教,还是个高尔夫球手。
He's a pushy little twirp, that's what he is.
他是个爱出风头的讨厌鬼,他就是这样。
At least you're not bitter.
起码你不是。
Oh no, I couldn't be that.
噢,不,我不会那样。
Parish priest at 28? Fantastic.
28岁当上教区牧师,厉害。
He has two cars. And the house he has is the most. He has a maid, a cook.
他有两辆车。还有一栋大房子,女仆和一个厨子。
I'm stuck in a two up two down. with a fat Kerry man who drones on and on about Gaelic football.
我却窝在个两层的小民房里。同住的是个肥肥的黑佬,总是大谈特谈凯尔特人足球队。
Can we stop talking about that?
我们能不谈这个吗?
Jesus. You're the one who's talking.
上帝啊,是你在一直说。
How's your smoke going? -Grand.
你抽得感觉如何?- 很好。
Filthy habit. Disgusting.
坏习惯,很讨厌。
Oh, yeah, awful. Lovely, though.
哦,是的,是很糟糕,但我喜欢。
Aye. Praise the Lord.
是啊,我的主啊。
28. My God!
28岁,我的天啊!
Oh, stop it.
噢,别说了。
So, what happened to your eye, Bobby?
你的眼睛怎么了,鲍比?
What?
什么?
You gonna do it for yourself, right?
你会为自己坚持下去,对吗?
Difference of opinion.
观念不一样。
How's the other fellow?
其他人怎么样?
A lot worse. Believe me.
更糟糕,相信我。
So, what did you call me here for?
那么,你让我来干什么?
Why, was that the issue you were trying to avoid?
为什么,你不是不想往那上面谈吗?
Priest etiquette. Start with the small talk.
牧师职责,从小事开始谈起。
I'm learning a lot about the priesthood, Don.
我今天学到了很多关于牧师的事,阁下。
-You'd make a fine priest. -Why?
你会是个好牧师。- 为什么?
Good talker. Man of principles. A leader of men.
很会谈话,很有原则,很有领导力。
A political terrorist.
但是个政治犯。
The church loves a reformed crook. -Aye.
教会喜欢改过自新的人。- 是啊。