So, uh, where was Susan today?
Susan今天去哪了?
Um, I'm not sure.
我不知道。
Wow! Tom must be great in bed.
哇呜,Tom的床上功夫一定很棒。
Huh?
啊?
Well, obviously, you have no idea how to bluff.
很显然你不会弄虚作假。
Okay. She's going through something, and I'm sure she'd prefer it to be private.
好吧,我说。她很低落,不想让别人知道。
She's upset with Mike, isn't she? Well, come on. I'm gonna find out sooner or later.
她为Mike的事很伤心,是吗?告诉我吧,我迟早会知道的。
She's devastated about the breakup, and she hasn't left the house in days.
她为这次分手很伤心,每天都呆在屋里。
Well, why didn't you just tell me that?
你为什么不告诉我?
Because it's personal. It's the kind of thing she would only want me to tell her friends.
因为这是隐私,只能说给朋友听。
I'm Susan's friend. Well, I don't hate her.
我是Susan的朋友,我并不恨她。
Edie, if you want me to share stuff with you, you're gonna have to start being more supportive of Susan.
Edie,如果你是她的朋友,应该给她一点支持。
Okay. How?
好吧,怎么支持?
What do friends do? They call, they're sympathetic, they ask about the pain the other person is going through, and then they listen.
朋友要表示出同情,了解她的苦处,认真的倾听。
What if you want to be supportive, but you just can't stand listening to people bitch?
有时候你也很想去支持她,但她根本不搭理这个烂人,怎么办?
Then it's good to know how to bluff.
那就虚张声势吧。