Husbands clash with wives, parents cross swords with children,
丈夫和妻子冷战,父母和子女不和,
but the bloodiest battles often involve women and their mothers-in-law.
而最激烈的战斗总是发生在,媳妇和婆婆之间。
The war for control of Carlos began the night he proposed,
争夺对Carlos的控制权战争,开始于他求婚之后。
and Gabrielle had been losing ground to Juanita ever since.
从那以后Gabrielle,再也不是一家之主了。
From the prenuptial agreement which she reluctantly signed,
从她不情愿签署的第一个提前正式协,
to the selection of wedding music she despised,
到选择那个她讨厌的婚礼音乐,
the color of the house paint she hadn’t wanted ...
到她不喜欢的墙面颜色。
Gabrielle had suffered one defeat after another.
Gabrielle一次又一次的被挫败。
And now that Juanita suspected her daughter-in-law of having an affair,
现在新的主人之一开始,怀疑她的媳妇有外遇,
it had became increasingly apparent that in this war...
随着斗争的升级,这一点变得越来越明显。
Mrs. Solis, I’ll be at the market.
Solis夫人,我去一趟市场。
...no prisoners would be taken.
没有罪犯会愿意自投罗网。
"Thank you, Yao Lin.
谢谢你,Yaolin。
I don’t see why you have her.
你为什么要雇佣她?
It’s a big house. I need help.
这是个大房子,我需要帮手。
It’s only called help when you do some of the work yourself.
只有你亲自干某些活时,才能称得上是需要帮忙。
I supervise.
我要监督她。
You pay her $300 a week. That’s $15,000 a year.
你一个星期要付她300美金。一年要15000美金。
Carlos, you always say how you’re not putting away enough for retirement!
Carlos,你总说你没有足够的钱以供退休?
You know, baby, it would be a good idea if we cut back on expenses.
宝贝,你知道减少开支确实是个好主意。
You expect me to take care of this place all by myself?
你想让我一个人来打理这所有的一切?
Other women manage...
所有的女人都要做家务