JULIE: Hey, what's going on?
嗨,怎么了?
SUSAN: Sorry I'm late.
抱歉我来迟了。
GABRIELLE: Hi ,Susan!
嗨,Susan!
LYNETTE: Hey.
嘿!
MARY ALICE: So? What did Carl say when you confronted him?
嗨,那么,当你反对的时候,Carl怎么说?
SUSAN: You'll love this, he said it doesn't mean anything, it was just sex.
你会喜欢这个的,他说“这不代表什么,只是性。
BREE: Oh yes, page one of the philanderer's handbook.
哦是的,这是那些花花公子手册上第一页所写的。
SUSAN: Yeah, and then he got this Zen look on his face, and he said, you know Susan, most men live lives of quiet desperation.
是的,然后他摆出一脸无辜的表情,说:“你知道的,Susan,大部分男人都在平静的绝望中过着他们的生活。”
LYNETTE: Please tell me you punched him.
请告诉我说你踹了他。
SUSAN: No, I said, really? And what do most women lead, lives of noisy fulfillment?
没有,我说,“是么,那么大部分女人每天所过的吵吵闹闹的日子又是什么呢?”
GABRIELLE: Hmm.
嗯。
MARY ALICE: Good for you.
嗯,说得好。
SUSAN: I mean, of all people, did he have to bang his secretary? I had that woman over for brunch
我不明白,那么多人,干嘛和他的秘书搞在一起?大概她的早餐做得比我好。
GABRIELLE: It's like my grandmother always said, an erect penis doesn't have a conscience.
就像我祖母说的男人勃起的时候毫无道德可言。
LYNETTE: Even the limp ones aren't that ethical
就算没勃起的时候也是没什么道德的。
BREE: This is half the reason I joined the NRA. Well, when Rex started going to those medical conferences, I wanted at the back of his mind that he had a loving wife at home, with a loaded Smith and Wesson.
这是半个我加入NRA的原因。嗯,当Rex开始参加这些医学会议时,我希望他记得还有个爱他的妻子在家里等他,还有一群孩子。
MARY ALICE: Lynnie? Tom's always away on business. Do you ever worry he might..?
Lynnie,Tom总是在外面公干,难道你不担心么?
LYNETTE: Oh, please, the man's gotten me pregnant three times in four years. I wish he was having sex with someone else.
哦,拜托,这个男人让我在4年内怀了3次孕。我希望他去和别人做爱。
BREE: So Susan, is he going to stop seeing that woman?
那么, Susan,他决定不再见那个女人了么?
SUSAN: I don't know. I'm sorry you guys, I just... I just don't know how I'm going to survive this.
我不知道。我很抱歉,我只是……我只是不知道该如何渡过这一切。
MARY ALICE: Listen to me. We all have moments of desperation. But if we can face them head on, that's how we find out just how strong we really are.
听我说,我们都有过绝望的时候。但是当我们勇于面对这些并继续前进, 我们就会发现自己是多么坚强。