Chandler: Can I use your phone?
能借用你的电话吗?
Monica: Yeah.. uh, but for future reference, that thing in your hand can also be used as a phone.
可以,不过……我指点你一下,你拿的那支也是电话。
Chandler: Yes, it's working! Why isn't she calling me back?
这电话没问题啊,她为何不回电?
Joey: Maybe she never got your message.
或许她没听到你的留言,
Phoebe: You know, if you want, you can call her machine, and if she has a lot of beeps, that means she probably didn't get her messages yet.
如果愿意你可以打给她的留言机。如果听见许多哔声,那代表她或许没听见留言。
Chandler: You don't think that makes me seem a little...
难道你不认为这样会使我感觉有点……
Ross: ...desperate, needy, pathetic?
绝望,渴望,可悲?
Chandler: Ah, you obviously saw my personal ad.
你显然看过我的征友启事。
Phoebe: How many beeps?
哔几声?
Chandler: She answered.
她接的。
Monica: You see, this is where you could use that 'hello' word we talked about.
此时你该向她打招呼才对。
Chandler: I'm not gonna talk to her, she obviously got my message and is choosing not to call me. Now I'm needy and snubbed. God, I miss just being needy.
她显然听到我的留言而且选择不回电,我既渴望又被人冷落,我真想念纯渴望的滋味。
All: Hey! Hi!
你好。
Phoebe: How did he take it?
嘿,他表现如何?
Rachel: Pretty well, actually...
还不错。
Monica: Uh, Rachel... how come you have dental floss in your hair?
Rachel你头发上为何有牙线?
Rachel: Oh, do I?
有吗?
Monica: Uh huh.
嗯。
Rachel: We ended up having sex in his chair.
我们在他椅子上做爱。
Monica: You had sex in his chair?!... I said that a little too loudly, didn't I?
你们在他椅子上做爱?我是否说得太大声?
Ross: Youyou had what?
你们什么?
Phoebe: Sex in his chair.
在他椅子上做爱。
Ross: What, uh... what were you thinking?
你到底在想什么?
Rachel: I don't know! I mean, we still care about each other. There's a history there. It's like you and Carol.
我也不知道我们仍在乎对方我们曾相爱过,就像你和Carol一样。
Ross: No! No no, it is nothing like me and Carol!
不,不像我和Carol!
Rachel: Please. If she said to you, "Ross, I want you on this couch, right here, right now," what would you say?
拜托,如果她说:罗斯我要你躺在这沙发上,此时此地,你会怎么回答?
Chandler: If it helps, I could slide over.
如果需要我可以过去点。
Ross: It's, it's, it's, uh, a totally different situation! It's, it's apples and oranges, it's, it's orthodontists and lesbian I gotta go.
这完全是两回事,这是苹果和橘子,牙医和女同志,我走了。
Phoebe: Where are you going?
你要上哪儿去?
Ross: I just have to go, all right? Do I need a reason? Huh? I mean I have things to do with my life, I have a jam packed schedule, and I am late for keeping up with it. Okay?
我就是要走,行吗?需要理由吗?我有自己的人生要过,我有许多事要做,我已经被某事给耽误了。