My object in coming to Longbourn was to choose such a one
我的目标是到龙柏园
from among Mr Bennet's daughters,
选择班奈特先生的女儿之一
for I am to inherit the estate
因为我将继承这片产业
and such an alliance will surely...
这种联姻当然
suit everyone.
最适合对大家都好每个人
And now nothing remains but for me to assure you in the most animated language
现在我要以最生动的语言 向妳保证
of the violence of my affections. - Mr Collins!
我激烈的情感 - 柯林斯先生
And no reproach on the subject of fortune
等我们婚後
will cross my lips once we're married. - You forget I have given no answer.
我绝不会提起两家财富的差距 - 你太急了,我还没回应
Lady Catherine will thoroughly approve when I speak to her
等我向凯萨琳夫人报告 她一定会完全赞同?
of your modesty, economy and other amiable qualities.
妳的谦虚节俭 及其它可爱的特质
Sir, I am honoured by your proposal, but I regret that I must decline it.
先生,我对你的求婚感到光荣 但很遗憾我必须拒绝
I know ladies don't seek to seem too eager...
我知道小姐们不太热切…
Mr Collins, I am perfectly serious. You could not make me happy.
柯林斯先生,我是认真的 你不可能让我快乐
And I'm the last woman in the world who could make you happy.
我是全世界 最不可能让你幸福的女人
I flatter myself that your refusal is merely a natural delicacy.
我要自我贴金的认为 妳的拒绝是自然的矜持
Besides, despite manifold attractions,
而且,虽然妳很迷人
it is by no means certain another offer of marriage will ever be made to you.
但妳不可能曾经被其他人求婚过
I must conclude that you simply seek to increase my love by suspense,
我得认为妳只是吊我胃口 来增加我对妳的爱
according to the usual practice of elegant females.
先生 - 这是一些优雅女性的行为
I am not the sort of female to torment a respectable man.
先生 我不是那种爱折磨男人的女性
Please understand me, I cannot accept you.
请你了解,我不能接受你