They called themselves Martyrs for Benazir.
死者多数是学生,他们如锁链般紧紧围住了巴士,宣称自己是贝?布托的殉道者。
At school that day everyone was subdued, even those who had opposed Benazir.
那天在学校,所有人都静默无语,就连那些反对她的人也是。
We were devastated but also thankful that she had survived.
我们心力交瘁,但都感谢上天让她活了下来。
About a week later the army came to Swat, making lots of noise with their jeeps and helicopters.
约一个星期之后,军队来到斯瓦特,他们的吉普车和直升机制造了很多噪声。
We were at school when the helicopters first arrived and were very excited.
当时我们都在学校,看见直升机抵达时,非常兴奋。
We ran outside and they threw toffees and tennis balls down to us, which we rushed to catch.
我们跑到空地上,机上的人向我们丢下太妃糖及网球,我们都抢着去捡。在斯瓦特,很少有机会看见直升机。
Helicopters were a rare sight in Swat, but since our house was close to the local army headquarters they sometimes flew right over us.
不过,因为我们家邻近当地的军事中心,它们偶尔会从我们头上飞过。
We used to hold competitions for who would collect the most toffees.
我们还比赛过,看谁能捡到最多的太妃糖。
One day a man from along the street came and told us that it had been announced in the mosques that there would be a curfew the next day.
有一天,一个男人沿着街道走来,告诉我们有人在清真寺宣布隔天会有宵禁。
We didn’t know what a curfew was and were anxious.
我们不知道什么是宵禁,不免有些焦虑。