Once the shaking had stopped we were all sent home.
地表停止晃动后,校方要求我们回家。
We found our mother sitting in a chair holding the Quran, reciting verses over and over.
我们在一张椅子上发现母亲的身影,她手里紧握一本《古兰经》,一遍又一遍地念诵着里面的经文。
Whenever there is trouble people pray a lot.
每当灾难发生,人们就会开始祈求真主的帮忙。
She was relieved to see us and hugged us, tears streaming down her face.
看见我们出现后,她总算放下一颗心,跑过来拥抱我们,泪水滑过她的脸庞。
But the aftershocks kept coming all afternoon so we remained very scared.We had moved again – we would move seven times by the time I was thirteen – and were living in an apartment building.
但整个下午,余震不停来袭,所以我们还是很害怕。
It was high for Mingora, two storeys with a big water tank on the roof.
那时,我们又搬了新家,是幢两层楼的建筑,屋顶上还有巨大的水塔。
My mother was terrified it would collapse on top of us so we kept going outside.
母亲担心那大水塔会掉下来,于是我们一直待在户外。
When nightfall came, there were still tremors and my mother was in a state of panic.
当夜幕低垂时,大地仍在晃动,我母亲陷入一种恐慌的情绪中。
Every time we felt a tremor we thought it was the Day of Judgement.
每当感觉到大地在晃动时,我们心里就会想着审判日降临了。
‘We will be buried in our beds!’ she cried.
我们会在床上被活埋!母亲大叫。
She insisted we leave, but my father was exhausted and we Muslims believe our fate is written by God.
她坚持要我们离开室内,但父亲累坏了,而且我们穆斯林相信人的命运真主早有安排。
So he put me and my brothers Khushal and Atal, then just a baby, to bed.
因此,父亲把我和弟弟胡沙尔,以及还是个小宝宝的阿塔尔送上床睡觉。