手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 综合听力 > 地道美语播客(常速版) > 正文

地道美语听力播客:参观考古遗迹

编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Look at this! I'm going to take this home as a souvenir.
  • 看看这个!我要把这个当作纪念品带回家。
  • You can't do that. That might be an artifact of some kind.
  • 你不能这样做。这可能是一件手工艺品。
  • It belongs to this archaeological site.
  • 它属于这个考古遗址。
  • It's just a rock. No one will miss it.
  • 就是块石头而已。没有人会在意的。
  • That's not the point.
  • 这不是重点。
  • Everything here should be preserved.
  • 这里的一切都应该受到保护。
  • That's the point of doing a careful excavation.
  • 正因为这样才进行精心挖掘。
  • Everything should be recorded and nothing should be lost.
  • 应记录一切而且什么都不能弄丢。
  • Take it easy. It's not like I'm defacing anything.
  • 放松,我可没有搞破坏。
  • And if they're trying to preserve this site,why are they doing this dig?
  • 如果他们试图保护这个遗址,为什么他们还大挖特挖呢?
  • Wouldn't it be better just to leave it frozen in time?
  • 干脆什么也不做让历史尘封在这里岂不更好?
  • The point is to learn more about the peoples of ancient civilizations who lived here in prehistory.
  • 问题在于要了解更多关于史前生活人民的古代文明。
  • In my opinion,it's disrespectful to disturb burial mounds and tombs.
  • 在我看来, 打扰这些被埋葬之人及他们的坟墓是不敬的行为。
  • They were never meant to be desecrated like this.
  • 他们绝没有想到会遭这样的待遇。
  • Some people would agree with you,but that's the price we have to pay to add to our knowledge about human history.
  • 有些人会同意你的观点,但这是我们必须付出这样的代价才能增加我们对于人类历史的了解。
  • I really think you should leave that rock where you found it.
  • 我真的认为你应该把你手上的那块石头放回原处。
  • It could be a fossil.
  • 可能那是一块化石。
  • Do you really think so?
  • 你真的这么认为吗?
  • You never know.
  • 谁说的准呢。
  • You could hold in your hand the key to understanding this entire civilization.
  • 你手里握着的可能是了解整个文明的关键。
  • Wow,if I take it,I could preserve it for posterity.
  • 哇,如果我拿着的是这样的一块石头,我可以把它留给后世。
  • What happened to leaving things undisturbed?
  • 不受打扰的物体离开会发生什么呢?
  • That's before I realized I could go down in history for my own discovery!
  • 那是在我意识到将自己的发现载入史册之前!


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

欲降低难度还请关注《地道美语播客(慢速版)》

Lillian:Look at this! I'm going to take this home as a souvenir.

莉莉安:看看这个!我要把这个当作纪念品带回家。
Bruce:You can't do that. That might be an artifact of some kind.
布鲁斯:你不能这样做。这可能是一件手工艺品。
It belongs to this archaeological site.
它属于这个考古遗址。
Lillian:It's just a rock. No one will miss it.
莉莉安:就是块石头而已。没有人会在意的。
Bruce:That's not the point.
布鲁斯:这不是重点。
Everything here should be preserved.
这里的一切都应该受到保护。
That's the point of doing a careful excavation.
正因为这样才进行精心挖掘。

Everything should be recorded and nothing should be lost.

应记录一切而且什么都不能弄丢。
Lillian:Take it easy. It's not like I'm defacing anything.
莉莉安:放松,我可没有搞破坏。
And if they're trying to preserve this site,why are they doing this dig?
如果他们试图保护这个遗址,为什么他们还大挖特挖呢?
Wouldn't it be better just to leave it frozen in time?
干脆什么也不做让历史尘封在这里岂不更好?
Bruce:The point is to learn more about the peoples of ancient civilizations who lived here in prehistory.
布鲁斯:问题在于要了解更多关于史前生活人民的古代文明。
Lillian:In my opinion,it's disrespectful to disturb burial mounds and tombs.
莉莉安:在我看来, 打扰这些被埋葬之人及他们的坟墓是不敬的行为。
They were never meant to be desecrated like this.
他们绝没有想到会遭这样的待遇。
Bruce:Some people would agree with you,but that's the price we have to pay to add to our knowledge about human history.
布鲁斯:有些人会同意你的观点,但这是我们必须付出这样的代价才能增加我们对于人类历史的了解。
I really think you should leave that rock where you found it.
我真的认为你应该把你手上的那块石头放回原处。
It could be a fossil.
可能那是一块化石。
Lillian:Do you really think so?
莉莉安:你真的这么认为吗?
Bruce:You never know.
布鲁斯:谁说的准呢。
You could hold in your hand the key to understanding this entire civilization.
你手里握着的可能是了解整个文明的关键。
Lillian:Wow,if I take it,I could preserve it for posterity.
莉莉安:哇,如果我拿着的是这样的一块石头,我可以把它留给后世。
Bruce:What happened to leaving things undisturbed?
布鲁斯:不受打扰的物体离开会发生什么呢?
Lillian:That's before I realized I could go down in history for my own discovery!
莉莉安:那是在我意识到将自己的发现载入史册之前!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
disturb [dis'tə:b]

想一想再看

v. 扰乱,妨碍,使 ... 不安

联想记忆
artifact ['ɑ:tifækt]

想一想再看

n. 人工制品,典型产物

联想记忆
souvenir ['su:vəniə]

想一想再看

n. 纪念品

联想记忆
disrespectful [disri,spektful]

想一想再看

adj. 无礼的;失礼的;不尊敬的

 
archaeological [.a:kiə'lɔdʒikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 考古学的,考古学上的

 
preserved [pri'zə:vd]

想一想再看

adj. 保藏的;腌制的;[美俚]喝醉的

 
burial ['beriəl]

想一想再看

n. 埋葬,葬礼,坟墓

 
preserve [pri'zə:v]

想一想再看

v. 保存,保留,维护
n. 蜜饯,禁猎区

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。