Here’s the big news.
告诉大家一个大新闻
I had been cooking mushrooms the wrong way my entire life.
我这辈子都在用错误的方法煮蘑菇
Don’t crowd the mushrooms, otherwise they won’t brown.
千万不要让蘑菇挤到一起 否则它们颜色无法变深
Are you listening, whoever you are?
不管你是谁,你在听吗?
You’re gonna love that one.
你会喜欢它的
Day 22.
第22天
This one’s really good with fig jam.
这种蘸上无花果酱非常棒
I got carried away in Dean & DeLuca last night and spent half my take-home pay.
昨晚我从Dean & DeLuca 购物归来,这让我成了“半月光”
And the first thing I realized when I got to the subway
我大包小包地进了地铁
with my groceries, a bag of cat litter,
有各种吃的,一袋猫砂
a bottle of olive oil I absolutely could not live without, and a huge bunch of branches
一瓶不可或缺的橄榄油 还有一大束树枝
was that the branches were probably not a good idea.
这才使我意识到 买这些树枝回来真是折腾
Sorry.
对不起
They were slapping folks in the face right and left and I was sweating like a pig.
它们时不时会刮到行人 我还挥汗如雨
Not surprising, since I’ve been way too busy cooking fattening food to bother exercising.
没啥好惊讶的 我只知道做增肥的食物没顾上锻炼了
And then I came home and got a big vote of confidence from my mother.
而当我回到家 又得到了老妈的大力支持
Remind me again why you’re doing this...
再说一遍,你为啥做这个...
- Blog. - Whatever it’s called.
- 博客 - 管它是什么
It’s a regimen, Mom. Like doing sit-ups.
权当是养生吧,就像做仰卧起坐
- Well, it’s just adding pressure. - What pressure?
- 是么,但这徒增压力 - 什么压力?
You have a full-time job, you have a husband,
你有一份全职工作 你有一位丈夫
and now you’re gonna get sick from blogging.
而你现在居然迷上了什么博客