Yesterday was Tuesday, August 13th, 2002.
昨天是2002年8月13日,周二
Day one. 364 days to go.
第一天,还有364天
I cooked artichokes with hollandaise sauce
我做了朝鲜蓟配荷兰酱
which is melted butter that’s been whipped into a frenzy with egg yolks
它是将黄油煮融 打入蛋黄用力搅拌
until it’s died and gone to heaven.
直到它的色香味让你欲仙欲死
And let me say this. Is there anything better than butter?
让我把话说在前头 还有比黄油更好的吗?
Think it over. Every time you taste something
仔细想想吧 每次吃到超乎想象的食物
that’s delicious beyond imagining, and you say, "What is in this?"
你会说 “这里头搁了什么?”
The answer is always going to be "butter."
答案始终如一:“黄油”
It’s incredible.
真是太好吃了
It’s been whisked into submission, that’s why.
用搅拌器打出泡泡 这就是关键
The day there’s a meteorite heading toward the earth and we have 30 days to live,
假如有一天彗星撞地球 我们只能再活30天
I am going to spend it eating butter.
我会穷尽所有来吃黄油
Here’s my final word on the subject.
以下是我对本主题的最后一个提醒
You can never have too much butter.
人吃黄油,多多益善
August 24th, day 11.
8月24日 第11天
Is this what you mean when you say, "Don’t crowd the mushrooms"? Is this a crowd?
你说“不要堵成蘑菇堆”是什么意思? 我这算是一堆吗?
353 days to go. A horrible day at work.
还有353天,今天工作很杯具
An old grandma who looked as if she wouldn’t harm a fly
一个看上去连苍蝇都不肯伤害的老婆婆
called me a pencil-pushing capitalist dupe.
居然称我为草根职员,资本主义的傻帽
But then I came home and cooked chicken with cream, mushrooms and port,
但之后我回到家 用奶油、蘑菇和红酒烹饪鸡肉
and it was total bliss.
那真是如沐春风一般