“because we were tired and wanted to go to bed,” he said.
“因为我们累了,想早点儿睡觉。”他说。
“Without any supper?” said Snape, a triumphant smile flickering across his gaunt face.
“不吃晚饭?”斯内普说,枯瘦的脸上闪过一个得意的笑容,
“I didn't think ghosts provided food fit for living people at their parties.”
“我认为,鬼魂在晚会上提供的食物大概不太适合活人吧。”
“We weren't hungry,” said Ron loudly as his stomach gave a huge rumble.
“我们不饿。”罗恩大声说,同时他的肚子叽里咕噜地响了起来。
Snape's nasty smile widened.
斯内普难看的笑容更明显了。
“I suggest, Headmaster, that Potter is not being entirely truthful,” he said.
“我的意见是,校长,波特没有完全说实话。”他说,
“It might be a good idea if he were deprived of certain privileges until he is ready to tell us the whole story.
“我们或许应该取消他的一些特权,直到他把事情原原本本地告诉我们。
I personally feel he should be taken off the Gryffindor Quidditch team until he is ready to be honest.”
我个人认为,最好让他离开格兰芬多魁地奇队,等态度老实了再说。”
“Really, Severus,” said Professor McGonagall sharply, “I see no reason to stop the boy playing Quidditch.
“说实在的,西弗勒斯,”麦格教授厉声说,“我看没有理由不让这孩子打球。
This cat wasn't hit over the head with a broomstick. There is no evidence at all that Potter has done anything wrong.”
这只猫又不是被扫帚打中了脑袋。而且没有证据显示波特做了任何错事。”