特别声明:
该节目由可可原创,未经可可许可请勿转载。
When Tess arrived home the following afternoon
第二天下午,没等苔丝回到家,
a letter had already been received by her mother.
她母亲就先收到了一封信。
It appeared to come from Mrs d’Urberville,
信像是德伯夫人写来的,
and offered Tess work looking after chickens.
她给苔丝提供了一份养鸡的差事。
Joan Durbeyfield was delighted.
琼·德北非常高兴。
‘It's just a way of getting you there without raising your hopes.
“这是让你去他们那里,同时不要抱太大希望。
She's going to recognize you as family,I'm sure of it.’
我相信她一定会把你当做一家人看待的。”
‘I would rather stay here with father and you,’
“我宁愿留在家里跟你和爸爸在一起。”
said Tess,looking out of the window.
苔丝看着窗外说。
‘But why?’
“那又为什么?”
‘I'd rather not tell you, mother, I don't really know.’
“还是别对你说的好,妈妈,我也不太清楚。”