William Parcher.
我是威廉·帕彻
Big brother,
你所谓的老大
at your service.
在此听候你的吩咐
What can I do for the Department of Defense?
我能为国防部做些什么?
Are you going to to give me a raise?
你是来替我加薪的吗?
Let's take a walk.
咱们散散步
Impressive work at the Pentagon. -Yes, it was.
你在五角大楼的工作让人钦佩 -的确如此
Oppenheimer used to say,
原子弹之父常说
"Genius sees the answer before the question."
"天才 在问题发生前就已找到解答"
You knew Oppenheimer?
你认识奥本海默?
His project was under my supervision.
他的计划 就在我的监督之下进行的
Which project?
哪个计划?
That project.
喔 那个计划
It's not that simple, you know?
其实并不简单
Well, you ended the war.
可是你们仍然结束了战争
We incinerated 150,000 people in a heartbeat.
我们杀死十五万人
Great deeds come at great cost, Mr. Parcher.
要有牺牲才能完成伟业
Well, conviction, it turns out,
可是对旁观者而言
is a luxury of those on the sidelines, Mr. Nash.
却不应该随便去断罪
I'll try and keep that in mind.
我会试着去记住它
So, John, no family,
据我所知你没家人
no close friends...
也没好友
Why is that?
怎么会这样子?
I like to think it's because I'm a lone wolf.
我宁愿想成自己是个独行侠
But mainly it's because people don't like me.
但主要原因是人们不喜欢我
Well, there are certain endeavors
妙的是 由于你缺少人际关系
where your lack of personal connection
在这里
would be considered an advantage.
却成为你的一大长处
This is a secure area.
这里是管制区
They know me.
他们认识我