Now we've got to give a bit of feedback about last term's modules – just short comments, apparently. Shall we do that now?
现在,我们要对上学期的模块给出一些反馈,显然,只需要给一些简短的评论。我们现在可以开始了吗?
OK. So medical terminology.
好的。先说医学术语。
Well, my heart sank when I saw that, especially right at the beginning of the course. And I did struggle with it.
当我看到这一点时,我的心都沉了下来,尤其是在课程开始的时候。我确实理解医学术语很费力。
I'd thought it'd be hard, but actually I found it all quite straightforward. What did you think about diet and nutrition?
我原以为这会很难,但实际上我发现这一切都很简单。你觉得饮食和营养怎么样?
OK, I suppose.
我觉得还好吧。
Do you remember what they told us about pet food and the fact that there's such limited checking into whether or not it's contaminated?
你还记得他们告诉我们关于宠物食品的事情吗?事实上,对宠物食品是否受污染的检查非常有限。
I mean in comparison with the checks on food for humans – I thought that was terrible.
我的意思是,与对人类食品的检查相比非常有限,我认为这太可怕了。
Mm. I think the module that really impressed me was the animal disease one, when we looked at domesticated animals in different parts of the world, like camels and water buffalo and alpaca.
嗯。当我们研究世界不同地区的驯养动物时,比如骆驼、水牛和羊驼,我认为真正给我留下深刻印象的模块是动物疾病模块。
The economies of so many countries depend on these, but scientists don't know much about the diseases that affect them.
许多国家的经济依赖于这些牲畜,但科学家对影响它们的疾病知之甚少。
Yes, I thought they'd know a lot about ways of controlling and eradicating those diseases, but that's not the case at all.
是的,我以为他们会知道很多控制和根除这些疾病的方法,但事实并非如此。
I loved the wildlife medication unit.
我喜欢野生动物药物治疗单元。
Things like helping birds that have been caught in oil spills.
比如帮助因石油泄漏而被困的鸟类。
That's something I hadn't thought about before.
这是我以前从未想过的事情。
Yeah, I thought I might write my dissertation on something connected with that.
是的,我想我可能会写一篇与此相关的论文。
Right. So …
没错。所以……