A letter from the school counsellor
一封来自指导老师的信
The school counsellor wrote a letter of reply to the students who sent her letters this week.
指导老师上周回复了学生们寄给她的来信。
Dear students
亲爱的学生:
I am pleased to read your letters. You all seem very honest.
读了你们的来信,我很高兴。你们都很诚实。
However, you hesitated and showed a lack of courage in these unexpected situations.
然而,在这些意外事件中,你们犹豫行事,缺乏勇气。
That is why you all have guilty consciences.
这就是你们都感到内疚的原因。
The best remedy for a guilty conscience is to make the situation right.
治疗内疚的最佳良药就是合理处理事件。
In the case of the flowerpot falling from the window, while the police let the boy go, everyone probably still thinks the boy did it.
在“碰落花盆”事件中,尽管警察放了那个男孩,可是很可能大家还是认为这件事是他干的。
Making things right means your friend should go to the police and tell them the truth.
合理处理事件就是说你的朋友应该去警察局告诉他们真相。
Then she needs to go to the boy and apologize. You must persuade her to do this.
之后她得向小男孩道歉。你必须劝她这样做。
In the case of the three tough guys, you can try contacting the transport police.
在“三个专横的家伙”事件中,你可以联系交警。
Maybe they can watch for these guys and stop them before they hurt someone else.
交警能看管监视这些人,在他们伤害人之前阻止他们。
In the case of the rude checkout assistant, the money does not belong to you -- it belongs to the supermarket.
在“粗鲁的收银员”事件中,那钱不是你的。
You need to go to the supermarket manager and return the £10.
你得找超市的经理,退还10英镑。
I regret to say it is not always easy to do the right thing.
很抱歉,正确的事情不一定很容易就能做到。
However, it is not right to let others suffer for our mistakes.
然而,让别人为我们犯下的错误受苦是不对的。
Since you all seem to be good students, I know you will do your best.
因为你们都是好学生,所以我相信你们会尽最大努力把事情做好。
If you have any questions or need any more advice, do not forget to visit me in my office.
如果你们还有什么疑问或需要更多建议,请记得来我的办公室咨询。
Thanks for your letters.
感谢你们的来信。
Sincerely
谨启,
Ms Robbins, School Counsellor
指导老师,罗宾斯老师