What should I do?
我能做什么呢?
Letters from students for advice are published anonymously in a school newspaper as a part of the 'Counsellor's Corner'.
一封学生的建议信在校报的“读编往来”板块匿名发表了。
Read excerpts from the letters below.
阅读以下来自一些信件的摘要。
Letter one
第一封信
One evening last month, I was visiting a close friend in her new high-rise flat when she accidentally knocked a flowerpot from her window.
上个月的一天晚上,我在密友的高层公寓大楼内拜访她,当时她从窗户不小心打翻了花盆。
It smashed to the ground below, narrowly missing some children at play.
花盆落到楼下的地面上摔得粉碎,差一点砸中一些正在玩耍的孩子。
On our way out, we stopped to take a look, but no one was hurt, so we said nothing and left for the cinema as planned.
在我们出去的路上,我们停下来看了看,不过没有人受伤,所以我们便没有声张,照原定计划去看电影了。
Returning home later that evening, my friend learnt that the police had been to the flats and questioned everyone.
那晚回家之后,我的朋友得知警察来到公寓询问了每个人。
They had even taken a neighbour's son to the police station.
他们还把邻居的儿子带到警察局。
After questioning him, they let him go temporarily.
在询问他之后,他们暂时放他回家。
Frightened, my friend has said nothing to the police.
由于害怕,我的朋友对警察没有说什么。
Though no one was hurt, I have a guilty conscience and...
虽然没有人受伤,但我觉得内疚,而且……
Letter two
第二封信
Last night, while travelling home on the underground, I saw three tough guys enter my almost empty carriage.
昨晚乘地铁回家时,我看见三个专横的家伙走进几乎空无一人的车厢。
They sat down beside a young boy who was travelling alone and began to tease and bully him.
他们坐在孤独一人的小男孩的旁边,开始嘲弄欺侮他。
Their behaviour was so bad that it made him move to another seat, but that did no good.
他们的行为过于恶劣,小男孩只好坐到另一个座位上,但是还是无济于事。
They just followed him and continued their bullying.
他们紧跟着小男孩,不停地嘲弄欺侮他。
The boy was obviously frightened.
显然,小男孩很害怕。
At this point, I stopped looking and got off at my station, feeling sorry for the boy.
到站后,我没再看了,下了车,为小男孩感到难过。
I regret not helping him, but not being Superman and hating violence, what could I do? Should I...
我后悔没能帮他,但我不是超人,又憎恨暴力,我能做什么呢?我能……