Part I: Listening Comprehension
第一部分:听力理解
Section A: In this section, you will hear five short conversations. Each conversation will be read only once.
第一节:在本节中,你将听到五段短对话。每段对话只读一遍。
At the end of each conversation, there will be a fifteen second pause.
每段对话后有15秒钟的停顿。
During the pause, read the question and the four choices marked A, B, C and D, and decide which is the best answer.
在停顿期间,阅读问题和A、B、C、D四个选项,并选出最佳答案。
Then mark the corresponding letter on the answer sheet with a single line through the centre.
然后在答题纸上用一条线标出相应的字母,线划在字母的中间。
1.Who’s in charge of the construction project?
1.谁负责这项建设项目?
We’ve taken on a civil engineer on a nine-month temporary contract.
我们与一名土木工程师签订了一份为期九个月的临时合同。
He’ll oversee the whole project.
他将会监督整个项目。
In fact we’re having a project meeting at 3 p.m. this afternoon to allocate responsibilities and finalise the time schedule.
事实上,今天下午3点我们要开一个项目会议来分配任务和敲定时间安排。
Why don’t you join us?
你为什么不和我们一起去开会呢?
I can’t, I’m afraid.
恐怕不行。
I’ve got another meeting scheduled for 2:30 p.m.
我下午两点半还有一个会议。
2.The PR Company offers me the job.
2.公关公司让我做这份工作。
It’s a great opportunity.
这是一个很好的机会。
You should be happy with the offer.
你应该对这份工作感到满意。
But my mother won’t allow me to accept any part-time job.
但是我妈妈不允许我接受任何兼职工作。
She says a part-time job is a cursed blessing.
她说兼职工作是被诅咒的好事。
It takes so much time and energy that I won’t be able to focus on my study.
它花费太多的时间和精力,以至于我无法集中精力学习。
3.So presumably there’re some basic guidelines for making the home a safer place for children?
3.对孩子们来说,大概有一些基本的指导方针可以让家成为更安全的地方吧?
Yes, there’re some simple rules which are easy to follow.
是的,有一些很容易遵循的简单的规则。
First of all, electricity can be dangerous if used incorrectly.
首先,如果使用不当,电可能是危险的。
Please tell us more about that.
请向我们详细介绍一下。
Well, overloading power points with too many appliances, and not checking the condition of your electrical equipment is extremely dangerous.
为太多电器供电的超负荷的电源插座和不检查电器设备的状况都是非常危险的。
4.With the holiday season once again upon us, we finally could take our family trip.
4.假期又到了,我们终于可以全家出游了。
By the word “trip”, do you mean sitting in a traffic jam on the way to the coast, queuing up at a packed airport terminal or fighting our way through the crowds to find a free spot on an overcrowded beach?
你说的“旅行”是指在去海边的路上遇到交通堵塞,在拥挤的机场航站楼排队,还是在拥挤的海滩上挤过人群找到一个空位?
Come on, it may not be the best thing to put you in that relaxed holiday mood, but for millions of us, it’s worth it for those blessed few days where we can get a chance to forget about work and truly get away from it.
得了吧,这可能不是让你进入轻松的假期心情的最好方式,但对于我们中的数百万人来说,这是值得的,因为这几天我们可以有机会忘记工作,真正摆脱工作。
5.Well, can you tell me what I need in my application?
5.你能告诉我申请研究生需要准备什么吗?
All the graduate school applicants must have three letters of recommendation.
所有申请研究生院的人必须有三封推荐信。
They must have official university transcripts sent directly from their previous school.
他们必须有从以前学校直接寄来的正式的大学成绩单。
I can’t send my transcripts myself?
我不能自己寄成绩单吗?
No. Your school must send them to us.
不。你们学校一定要把它们寄给我们。
Also, all graduate students must have GRE or GMAT scores sent to us by the testing center.
此外,所有研究生都必须有GRE或GMAT成绩,并由考试中心寄给我们。