手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 在线广播 > CGTN频道 > 正文

四世同堂家庭的生活、奋斗和希望

来源:可可英语 编辑:Wendy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Tan Demei owns a knitwear company in Nanjing, in east China's Jiangsu Province.

谈德美拥有一家针织品公司,公司位于中国东部的江苏南京。

It's one of the biggest textiles exporting regions in the country.

中国最大的纺织品出口地之一。

Business used to be stable - until the pandemic began.

谈女士的业务稳定,直到新冠疫情爆发。

I've been doing this job for decades.

我从业几十年。

But the last couple of years were really tough.

这两年我觉得太难了。

It was two days before Chinese New Year's Eve.

就是年二十八

I finished all the work, and all of a sudden I collapsed in the chair.

我把所有的事情全部解决完了以后,突然就瘫在了椅子上。

I just felt like crying on the inside.

然后就觉得自己想流泪。

Many of her clients and partners went out of business in the face of the global economic downturn.

谈女士不少客户和合作伙伴由于全球经济低迷被迫停业。

Tan's company was also impacted by falling orders and delivery delays.

她的公司也受到订单减少和交期延误的影响。

To keep the employees paid, the entrepreneur tapped into new territories.

为了保住员工的饭碗,谈女士不得不开拓新业务。

We had to sell samples and surplus stocks to the domestic market.

我们把样品或者是工厂做大货留下来的一些产品做内销来做。

My employees and I also started to produce audio books while we were available.

没事我们可以做有声书。

It's entirely out of responsibility or passion for this job.

完全是出于一种责任或者说对这个工作的喜爱。

I have always felt that my business is like my own child.

我一直觉得我的业务就相当于自己带大的一个孩子。

It was the same passion that made Tan struggle for years.

多年以来,事业心驱使着她奋进。

She was busy traveling around the world to meet clients.

谈女士为见客户在世界各地奔波。

The business woman was unable to spare time for her family.

业务的繁忙让这位女强人无暇顾及自己的家庭。

My son asked me when he was little.

我儿子小时候问我。

He said, “mom, my classmates' parents or grandparents always pick them up after school.

他说:“妈妈,我同学的父母或者爷爷奶奶都在放学后去接他们。给他们送伞。

Why is there no one for me when it rains?”

为什么下雨的时候没有人来接我?

I always feel very sorry to him whenever I think of this.

我只要讲到这个话题就觉得非常亏欠他。

Tan's business may have been reduced, but her family has grown.

谈女士的生意虽不必从前,可家里却喜添新丁。

Her grandson Han Han was born in November, 2019, right before the outbreak became worse.

2019年11月疫情伊始,谈女士的孙子憨憨出生了。

Like millions of children across the globe, the three-year-old grew up in a time of the virus and masks.

三岁的憨憨同世界各地成千上万的小朋友一样,是伴随疫情成长的一代人。

It's hard to raise a kid like this.

带起来很难。

He didn't get much chance to embrace nature, or to play outside.

接触大自然的机会比较少,下楼玩的机会比较少。

And he tends to keep social distance with other kids.

而且看着别的孩子总会去刻意地保持一定的距离。

We bought a lot of toys, even a slide, hoping that he could have fun at the playground within four walls.

所以就给他在家里面买了很多的玩具,包括滑梯,就是希望他在家里也能体验到跟外面一样的游乐场。

The young father says although the pandemic has taken away some childhood fun, it has brought his family closer.

这位年轻的父亲表示,虽然疫情剥夺了部分童年乐趣,却让家人的羁绊更深了。

The pandemic has reduced social gatherings and all sorts of networking events.

疫情让社交应酬减少了很多。

His mother and I now have plenty of time to be with our boy.

憨憨的母亲和我现在有足够的时间和他在一起。

And it has definitely bonded us tighter in the past three years.

他跟我们之间的这种感情在这三年里肯定是更加深厚的。

The family was infected around mid December, including Tan's mother.

去年12月中旬,谈女士一家人感染了新冠,包括她的母亲。

The 82 year-old had mild symptoms and recovered soon.

82岁的老人有些轻微症状,但很快就痊愈了。

I've never seen an outbreak like this in my life.

像疫情这样的我从来没见过。

SARS was perhaps the closest.

非典可能是最接近的。

I didn't get it though.

不过我没有感染。

The grandmother wakes up early in the morning and goes to the park with her friends as usual now.

老人家一大早就起床了,像往常一样去公园会友。

She says COVID might have caused memory loss for her in the long term.

除了记忆力有些减退。

But apart from that, she feels just fine.

她觉得自己身体恢复得不错。

China's epidemic prevention and control policies have protected many people.

中国的防疫防控政策保护了很多人。

Otherwise, more people could have died at the beginning of the outbreak when the strains were more deadly.

否则刚开始疫情那么严重,而且毒株更致命时,可能死的人会比现在更多。

The house of four generations celebrated China's most important holiday together, and wish each other a good and prosperous Year of the Rabbit.

四世同堂的一家人在中国最隆重的节日里阖家团圆,喜迎兔年、共贺新春。

I already have four great grandchildren, two boys and two girls.

我有四个重孙,两个男孩和两个女孩。

I'd love to see them grow up, smart and full of vigor.

这几个下一代都非常聪明,非常活泼。

That makes me happy.

看到他们成长我很开心。

I used to have high hopes for my son to achieve certain social and economic successes.

以前可能会希望儿子要成为什么样的人,不管是经济上的成功还是社会地位。

But after seeing so many drastic changes in people's lives, now I think it's okay to be ordinary or mediocre.

但看到人们的生活发生了天翻地覆的变化,觉得有时候平凡就挺好。

Because there's more to life than achieving things.

因为生活中有比成就更重要的事情。

I think we have past the most difficult time, and the dawn is just ahead.

我觉得我们已经度过了最艰难的时刻,曙光就在前面。

I wish my friends, relatives and everyone else good health in 2023.

2023年我希望身边的每个人,朋友也好,亲戚也好,所有的人都能够身体健康。

I hope we'll be able to travel to wherever we want, and do whatever we want, and may our dreams come true.

能够自由出行和放飞自我,能够想干什么去干什么,梦想成真。

In Chinese culture, the rabbit represents longevity, peace and prosperity.

在中国文化中,兔子寓意着长寿、和睦和富裕。

Like Tan and her family, many in China hope the Year of the Rabbit will bring good fortune and also an end to the COVID-19 pandemic.

像谈女士这样的家家户户都在翘首期盼瑞兔呈祥,早日驱散疫情的阴霾。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
virus ['vaiərəs]

想一想再看

n. 病毒,病原体

 
pandemic [pæn'demik]

想一想再看

adj. 全国流行的 n. (全国或全世界范围流行的)疾

联想记忆
prevention [pri'venʃən]

想一想再看

n. 阻止,妨碍,预防

 
achieve [ə'tʃi:v]

想一想再看

v. 完成,达到,实现

 
available [ə'veiləbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的

联想记忆
control [kən'trəul]

想一想再看

n. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置
vt. 控制

 
smart [smɑ:t]

想一想再看

adj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的

 
prosperity [prɔs'periti]

想一想再看

n. 繁荣,兴旺

联想记忆
global ['gləubəl]

想一想再看

adj. 全球性的,全世界的,球状的,全局的

联想记忆
domestic [də'mestik]

想一想再看

adj. 国内的,家庭的,驯养的
n. 家仆,

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。