If you are like me, then coffee or tea probably make up a big part of your day.
如果你和我一样,那么咖啡或茶可能会是你一天中很重要的一部分。
In fact, my doctor told me I probably drink too much tea, but I don't listen to her.
事实上,我的医生告诉我可能我喝茶喝得太多了,但我不听她的。
I drink a lot of tea, but I also enjoy offering coffee and tea to others.
我喝很多茶,但我也喜欢给别人提供咖啡和茶。
So how might we connect grammar with coffee and tea?
那么,语法与咖啡和茶有什么关系呢?
Let's go visit John Russell. He is going to offer us something to drink.
我们去拜访约翰·拉塞尔吧。他要给我们拿点喝的。
Would you like something to drink? I have coffee or tea.
你想喝点什么?我有咖啡或茶。
Note that John began his question with the modal would.
请注意,约翰的问题是以情态动词would开始的。
A modal helps change the meaning of a main verb. Would helps us form a polite question.
情态有助于改变主动词的意思。用would提问,会显得很礼貌。
Note that the subject you and would change from the usual order we find in statements.
请注意,跟常见的陈述句相比,主语you和would改变了位置。
A statement is you would like something to drink.
陈述句是you would like something to drink。
To form a polite question, the subject and would switch places.
要形成礼貌的提问,主语和would会交换位置。
That is why John said this.
所以约翰是这么说的。
Would you like something to drink? I have coffee or tea.
你想喝点什么?我有咖啡或茶。
Note that we can also use can in place of would to form the same question.
注意,我们也可以用can代替would,构成同样的疑问句。
Can is a little less formal.
Can这个词不那么正式。
Let's see how John might offer coffee or tea while using can.
让我们看看用can时,约翰是怎么提供咖啡或茶的。
Can I get you something to drink? I have coffee or tea here.
要我给你拿点喝的吗?我有咖啡或茶。
Here, the word order changes as it did with would.
在这里,单词顺序发生了变化,就像would一样。
A statement might be I can get you something to drink.
陈述句是I can get you something to drink。
The question is this: can I get you something to drink?
问题是:can I get you something to drink?
Can I get you something to drink? I have coffee or tea.
要我给你拿点喝的吗?我有咖啡或茶。
And that's everyday grammar TV.
这就是每日语法节目。