Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Merry means happy!
高兴的意味着快乐!
So, what might it mean if someone says, the more the merrier?
那么,如果有人说“越多越好”,这意味着什么呢?
Dan, do you mind if I bring some friends to your party?
丹,你介意我带几个朋友来参加你的聚会吗?
Not at all.
一点也不。
The more the merrier!
多多益善!
Awesome!
太棒了!
They're in my amateur accordion group.
他们在我的业余手风琴组。
We want to play music at your party!
我们想在你的派对上演奏音乐!
Oh. They can't come.
哦,他们不能来。
You just said, "The more the merrier!"
你刚才说:“多多益善!”
I didn't say, "The more amateur accordion players the merrier."
我没有说,“业余手风琴演奏者越多越好。”
The more the merrier means that the more people who are at an event, the more fun the event will be.
多多益善意味着参加活动的人越多,活动就越有趣。
We can use this expression to talk about things too, not just people.
我们也可以用这个表达来谈论事物,而不仅仅是人。
For example, the more music the merrier!
例如,音乐越多越好!
Usually.
通常。