Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
A nickel is worth five cents, and a dime is worth ten.
"nicke"是五分钱,"dime"是十分钱.
But what does the phrase nickel and dimed mean?
但是"五分钱十分钱"是什么意思呢?
Dan, do you want to get pizza?
丹,你想吃披萨吗?
I'm craving Pete's Pizza Palace.
我很喜欢皮特的比萨宫。
Pete's is good, but they always nickel and dime you.
皮特的很好,但他们总是对你斤斤计较。
The last time I ate there, I had to pay for extra napkins!
上次我在那里吃饭的时候,我不得不多付餐巾纸的钱!
What?
什么?
But I love Pete's.
但我喜欢皮特家的。
I know, I'll bring napkins!
我知道,我会带餐巾纸!
If you are being nickel and dimed, a business is unfairly charging you extra money for small things or services.
如果你正经历斤斤计较,那就是一家企业不公平地向你收取小东西或服务的额外费用。
Dan feels nickel and dimed at Pete's and it sounds like he is right to feel that way!
丹对皮特家感觉斤斤计较,听起来他这样的感觉是对的!
And that's Englis in a Minute!
这就是一分钟英语!