手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语听力入门 > 环球慢速英语 > 正文

第1057期:戒除毒瘾(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Hello. I’m Ruby Jones. Welcome to Spotlight.
  • 大家好。我是鲁比·琼斯。欢迎收听重点报道节目。
  • This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting.
  • 本节目用慢速英语的方式播报新闻。
  • It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live.
  • 以便让世界各地的人们更容易听懂。
  • ‘The drug got control of me and I could not stop. I tried everything.’
  • “毒品控制了我,我停不下来。我试过了各种方法。”
  • Millions of people across the world take illegal drugs.
  • 全世界有数百万人吸食非法毒品。
  • They are addicted - that is, they depend on drugs daily.
  • 他们上瘾了,也就是说,他们每天都依赖毒品。
  • They are no longer in control of the drug.
  • 他们不再控制毒品。
  • Instead, the drug controls them.
  • 相反,毒品控制了他们。
  • Ranjit Singh is a former drug addict.
  • 兰吉特·辛格曾是一名吸毒者。
  • David Bast shares his story.
  • 大卫·巴斯特分享了他的故事。
  • I stopped going to school when I was 16 years old.
  • 我16岁时就辍学了。
  • I wanted to enjoy myself.
  • 我想尽情享受。
  • I started working.
  • 我开始工作。
  • I spent my earnings on alcohol, smoking, and finally drugs.
  • 我把挣来的钱都花在了喝酒、抽烟,最后吸毒上。
  • My friends and relations advised me not to.
  • 我的朋友和亲戚劝我不要吸毒。
  • But I did not listen.
  • 但我不听。
  • I always felt that I was in control.
  • 我总觉得一切都在我的掌控之中。
  • By the age of 22 I was addicted to the drug heroin.
  • 到22岁时,我对海洛因上瘾了。
  • At one point, I spent around a hundred dollars a day.
  • 有一次,我一天花了大约100美元。
  • I borrowed money.
  • 我借了钱。
  • I even stole money from my mother.
  • 我甚至偷了我妈妈的钱。
  • Then, I started selling drugs to make more money.
  • 然后,我开始卖毒品以赚取更多的钱。
  • In 1985, police arrested me for carrying drugs.
  • 1985年,警方以携带毒品罪逮捕了我。
  • I went to prison for a year.
  • 我坐了一年牢。
  • In prison, I decided to change.
  • 在监狱里,我决定改变。
  • When I came out of prison I got married.
  • 我从监狱出来后就结婚了。
  • I believed that the being responsible for a family would keep me away from drugs.
  • 我相信,对家庭负责会让我远离毒品。
  • Sadly, I only managed to be without drugs for a year.
  • 遗憾的是,我只戒了一年的毒。
  • This time was worse.
  • 这一次情况更糟糕。
  • Now I was not only destroying my own life.
  • 我不仅毁了我自己的生活。
  • I was destroying the life of my wife and our first son.
  • 我还毁了我妻子和我们第一个儿子的生活。
  • Life became bad.
  • 生活变得很糟糕。
  • I could not keep a job and provide for my family.
  • 我无法保住工作,无法养家糊口。
  • I treated my wife and son very badly.
  • 我对妻子和儿子很不好。
  • Deep down inside me I knew that what I was doing was wrong.
  • 在我内心深处,我知道我所做的是错误的。
  • But I had no power over my addiction.
  • 但我无法控制自己的毒瘾。
  • I tried to kill myself - but failed.
  • 我曾试图自杀,但失败了。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Hello. Im Ruby Jones. Welcome to Spotlight.

大家好。我是鲁比·琼斯。欢迎收听重点报道节目。

This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting.

本节目用慢速英语的方式播报新闻。

It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live.

以便让世界各地的人们更容易听懂。

The drug got control of me and I could not stop. I tried everything.’

“毒品控制了我,我停不下来。我试过了各种方法。”

Millions of people across the world take illegal drugs.

全世界有数百万人吸食非法毒品。

They are addicted - that is, they depend on drugs daily.

他们上瘾了,也就是说,他们每天都依赖毒品。

They are no longer in control of the drug.

他们不再控制毒品。

Instead, the drug controls them.

相反,毒品控制了他们。

Ranjit Singh is a former drug addict.

兰吉特·辛格曾是一名吸毒者。

David Bast shares his story.

大卫·巴斯特分享了他的故事。

I stopped going to school when I was 16 years old.

我16岁时就辍学了。

I wanted to enjoy myself.

我想尽情享受。

I started working.

我开始工作。

I spent my earnings on alcohol, smoking, and finally drugs.

我把挣来的钱都花在了喝酒、抽烟,最后吸毒上。

My friends and relations advised me not to.

我的朋友和亲戚劝我不要吸毒。

But I did not listen.

但我不听。

I always felt that I was in control.

我总觉得一切都在我的掌控之中。

By the age of 22 I was addicted to the drug heroin.

到22岁时,我对海洛因上瘾了。

At one point, I spent around a hundred dollars a day.

有一次,我一天花了大约100美元。

I borrowed money.

我借了钱。

I even stole money from my mother.

我甚至偷了我妈妈的钱。

Then, I started selling drugs to make more money.

然后,我开始卖毒品以赚取更多的钱。

In 1985, police arrested me for carrying drugs.

1985年,警方以携带毒品罪逮捕了我。

I went to prison for a year.

我坐了一年牢。

In prison, I decided to change.

在监狱里,我决定改变。

When I came out of prison I got married.

我从监狱出来后就结婚了。

I believed that the being responsible for a family would keep me away from drugs.

我相信,对家庭负责会让我远离毒品。

Sadly, I only managed to be without drugs for a year.

遗憾的是,我只戒了一年的毒。

This time was worse.

这一次情况更糟糕。

Now I was not only destroying my own life.

我不仅毁了我自己的生活。

I was destroying the life of my wife and our first son.

我还毁了我妻子和我们第一个儿子的生活。

Life became bad.

生活变得很糟糕。

I could not keep a job and provide for my family.

我无法保住工作,无法养家糊口。

I treated my wife and son very badly.

我对妻子和儿子很不好。

Deep down inside me I knew that what I was doing was wrong.

在我内心深处,我知道我所做的是错误的。

But I had no power over my addiction.

但我无法控制自己的毒瘾。

I tried to kill myself - but failed.

我曾试图自杀,但失败了。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
illegal [i'li:gəl]

想一想再看

adj. 不合法的,非法的
n. 非法移民

联想记忆
addiction [ə'dikʃən]

想一想再看

n. 沉溺,上瘾

 
control [kən'trəul]

想一想再看

n. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置
vt. 控制

 
alcohol ['ælkəhɔl]

想一想再看

n. 酒精,乙醇,酒

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。