In life, discoveries usually lead to more questions.
在生活中,探索通常会带来更多的问题。
The only constant variable is the unexpected. We can't control it.
唯一不变的变量是意外。我们无法控制它。
It's only when you look backwards, that you see how it was all connected. Let's begin, shall we.
只有当你回顾过去的时候,你才会明白这一切是如何联系在一起的。我们开始吧,好吗?
Mm, it's perfect.
嗯,太完美了。
I like to cook. It's just chemistry.
我喜欢烹饪。这就是化学。
You're on the verge of a major scientific breakthrough.
你马上就要取得重大科学突破了。
This institution has a reputation based on the world class scientists. Not the theories of a pretty lab tech.
这所大学是以世界一流的科学家而闻名的。而不是一个漂亮的实验室技术员的理论。
We have rules.
我们有规则。
You're firing me.
你要解雇我。
I would like to offer you a job as the host of our cooking show.
我想给你提供一份工作,请你做我们烹饪节目的主持人。
Are you concussed?
你是不是撞得脑震荡了吗?
No. You are poised to become a TV star.
不。你一定会成为电视明星的。
We are live in five, four, three...
直播开始,五,四,三...
Welcome viewers. This is Supper at Six.
观众朋友们,大家好。这里是《六点钟晚餐》节目。
Do I need a catch phrase?
我需要什么招牌语吗?
Don't over think it. Never understood what that meant.
不要想太多。我一直不明白那是什么意思。
I stand proudly with the overlooked workhorse of the kitchen, women and baked potatoes.
我骄傲地站在厨房里被忽视的主力军一边--女人和烤土豆。
You've got something almost no one has, a platform.
你拥有别人几乎没有的东西,一个平台。
What you say matters.
你说的话很重要。
Politics don't belong in the kitchen. A man wants his wife to make him a drink after a long day at work.
政治不应该涉及厨房。一个男人在漫长的一天工作后,想让他的妻子给他做一杯饮料。
Why do you assume that his day was longer than hers? Why don't you make the drink?
你为什么认为他的一天比她的漫长?你为什么不做杯饮料呢?
You are what I treasure most in this world. Not because you are pretty, not because you are smart, but because you love me and I love you.
你是我在这个世界上最珍惜的人。不是因为你漂亮,不是因为你聪明,而是因为你爱我,我也爱你。
I can't do it.
我做不到。
You think you can't do it then you do it anyway.
你觉得你做不到,那你还是做了。
Your ability to change everything, starts here.
你改变一切的能力,从这里开始。
Children set the table; your mother needs a moment to herself.
孩子们,你们去摆好桌子吧;你们的妈妈需要一点时间独处。