Hi, John! I think we should talk a little bit more about the subject of our last video: wishing other people well.
嗨,约翰!我想我们应该多谈谈上一期视频的主题:祝他人一切顺利。
Hi, Faith! That sounds good. Let's remind our viewers about the general idea.
嗨,费思!听起来不错。让我们提醒一下观众大意吧。
We often wish people well when we hear they have some big event coming up in their life like a test or a job interview.
当我们听到人们在他们的生活中有一些重大事件要发生时,比如考试或工作面试,我们通常会祝愿他们一切顺利。
We wish people well in two ways: by using sentence fragments or by using complete sentences.
我们用两种方式祝福人们:用句子片段或用完整的句子。
Our previous video explored fragments such as "good luck."
我们在之前的视频中探讨了诸如“祝你好运”这样的句子片段。
How do we wish people well with complete sentences?
我们如何用完整的句子祝愿人们一切顺利呢?
Complete sentences consist of a subject and a predicate.
完整的句子由主语和谓语组成。
When English speakers use complete sentences to wish others well, they often use verbs such as "wish" or "hope" in the predicate.
当以英语为母语的人用完整的句子祝福他人一切顺利时,他们谓语部分经常用“wish”或“hope”这样的动词。
For example, a person might say, "I hope the job interview goes well tomorrow," or "I wish you the best of luck with your job interview tomorrow."
例如,一个人可能会说:“我希望明天的工作面试顺利”,或者“我祝你明天的工作面试好运。”
"I hope the job interview goes well tomorrow." subject predicate
“我希望明天的工作面试顺利。”主语谓语。
"I wish you the best of luck with your job interview tomorrow." Subject predicate
“我祝你明天的工作面试好运。”主语谓语。
One way we might think about the difference between fragments and complete sentences is in terms of formality.
我们可以从正式程度的角度来思考句子片断和完整的句子之间的区别。
Fragments are more conversational and informal.
句子片断更具对话性和非正式性。
Complete sentences are a little more formal.
完整的句子更正式一些。
Still, both versions are acceptable in a number of situations.
不过,在许多情况下,这两种形式都是可以接受的。
And that's Everyday Grammar TV.
以上就是今天的《每日语法》。