Hi, John! How's your day going?
嗨,约翰!你今天过得怎么样?
Hi, Faith! It's going great! I'm just planning my birthday party!
嗨,费思!一切都很顺利!我正在计划我的生日派对!
Oh, wow! When is your birthday?
哦,哇!什么时候是你的生日?
My birthday is at the end of the month. May 30th!
我的生日是月底。5月30日!
Oh, nice! How old are you turning?
哦,不错!你多少岁了?
I'll be turning 38. Your questions remind me of what we can talk about for today's lesson! Describing our birthdays!
我就快38岁了。你的问题让我想起了今天我们要讨论的课程内容!描述我们的生日!
I asked John two questions about his birthday.
我问了约翰两个关于他生日的问题。
I asked him when his birthday is and how old he is turning.
我问他的生日是什么时候,他多少岁了。
When we want to say how old we are, we can use the present or future verb tenses depending on when our birthdays are.
当我们想说我们的年龄时,我们可以根据我们的生日日期决定使用现在时或将来时。
We can use the past tense with the verb "turn."
我们可以用动词“turn”的过去式。
This year John is turning 38.
今年约翰38岁了。
Last year, I turned 35.
去年,我满35岁了。
Remember that "birthday" is different from "birthdate."
记住“birthday”和“birthdate”是不同的。
"Birthdate" is the exact date, like May 30th, 1985.
“birthdate”是确切的日期,比如1985年5月30日。
The word "birthday" can be the date, or you can answer more generally.
“birthday”这个词可以指日期,你也可以更笼统地回答。
So, John... What do you want to do for your birthday?
那么,约翰。你生日想做什么?
I'm going to go to an amusement park with my family.
我打算和我的家人去游乐园。
I love roller coasters, and of course funnel cakes!
我喜欢过山车,当然还有漏斗蛋糕!
What do you want to do for your birthday this year, Faith?
费思,你今年生日的时候想做什么?
I would like to go back to the beach.
我想回海滩去。
I haven't been on a vacation in years!
我已经好多年没度假了!
Faith used the expression: "I would like to..." to answer what she wants to do for her birthday, which is a more polite way to say that sentence.
费思用“I would like to...”来回答她想在自己生日那天做什么,这是一种更礼貌的表达方式。
Well, I hope you have a happy birthday, John!
约翰,祝你生日快乐!
And that's Everyday Grammar TV.
以上就是今天的《每日语法》。