Hi, Faith. Did you see the message from an English learner named Orhan?
嗨,费思。你看到一位名叫奥尔汉的英语学习者的留言了吗?
Hi, John! Yes, I saw Orhan's message. We should give feedback.
嗨,约翰!是的,我看到了奥尔汉的留言。我们应该给予反馈。
Here is part of the message.
以下是部分留言内容。
"I am Orhan from Iran. When I was 20 years old, I was visiting my father's family in Tabriz that I saw my cousin was reading a book in Turkish."
“我是来自伊朗的奥尔汉。当我20岁的时候,我去大不里士拜访我父亲的家人,我看到我的表弟在读一本土耳其语书。
We suggest removing "that" and breaking the sentence into shorter statements.
我们建议删除“that”,并将句子分成较短的句子。
The sentence could also use the simple past--"visited" instead of "was visiting."
这句话也可以用一般过去时——“visited”而不是“was visiting”。
The new sentence could be something like this:
新的句子可以是这样的:
When I was 20 years old, I visited my father's family in Tabriz and saw my cousin reading a book in Turkish.
当我20岁的时候,我去大不里士拜访我父亲的家人,我看到我的表弟在读一本土耳其语书。
Orhan describes how he learned Turkish from the book.
奥尔汉描述了他是如何从这本书中学习土耳其语的。
The book opened a new world--Turkish language, culture and history.
这本书开启了一个新的世界——土耳其的语言、文化和历史。
Orhan ended his message with: "That thin book is my favorite book and changed my whole life."
奥尔汉最后写道:“那本薄薄的书是我最喜欢的书,它改变了我的整个人生。”
We recommend changing the ending words.
我们建议更改结尾词。
The words "changed my whole life" are the most important.
“改变了我的整个人生”这句话是最重要的。
They could stand as their own sentence, as in:
它们可以单独成句,比如:
"That thin book is my favorite book. It changed my whole life."
“那本薄薄的书是我最喜欢的书。它改变了我的整个生活。”
Thanks for taking the time to write to us, Orhan.
谢谢你抽出时间给我们写信,奥尔汉。
Can you think of a book that changed your life?
你能想到一本改变你一生的书吗?
Write to us about it at our email address, learningengish@voanews.com.
请写信给我们,我们的电子邮件地址是learningengish@voanews.com。
And that's Everyday Grammar TV.
以上就是今天的《每日语法》。