Hi, John! We received a message from an English learner in Bangladesh.
嗨,约翰!我们收到了孟加拉国一位英语学习者发来的信息。
Hi, Faith! Yes, I saw Shahjahan's message. We should give feedback!
嗨,费思!是的,我看到了沙贾汗的信息。我们应该给出反馈意见!
Here is part of what Shahjahan wrote:
以下是沙贾汗所写的部分内容:
"Hi, there. This Is Shahjahan. We are five brothers and three sisters among them I completed master degree in management in 2002 from National university in Bangladesh."
“你好,我是沙贾汗。我们一家有五个兄弟和三个姐妹,其中我于2002年在孟加拉国国立大学获得管理学硕士学位。
We recommend changing "Hi there" to "Hello" or even "Hi."
我们建议将“Hi there”改为“Hello”或“Hi”。
"Hi, there." is a friendly way of speaking or writing.
“Hi, there.”是一种友好的说话或写作方式。
But it is not formal and generally not used when writing to an unknown person for the first time.
但它并不正式,通常不会在第一次给陌生人写信时使用。
In general, we say "This is + name" when we are talking on the phone or if we are introducing someone else.
一般来说,当我们在打电话或介绍别人时,我们会说“This is + name”。
But since this is writing, we recommend changing the line to: My name is Shahjahan.
但由于这是书面语,我们建议将这句话改为:我的名字是沙贾汗。
The next line involves several different ideas.
下一句涉及几个不同的想法。
We recommend breaking apart the sentence.
我们建议把这句话分开。
It describes Shahjahan's family and also his studies.
它描述了沙贾汗的家庭和他的学习情况。
One way to make this information clearer is to discuss family in one sentence and education in another sentence.
让这些信息更清晰的一种方法是用一句话来讨论家庭,用另一句话来讨论教育。
The sentence about family could use the structure "I have," as in "I have five brothers and three sisters."
关于家庭的句子可以用“I have”这个结构,比如“我有五个兄弟和三个姐妹。”
The next sentence could describe Shahjahan's education: In 2002, I received a master's degree in management from National University in Bangladesh.
接下来的一句话可以描述沙贾汗的教育:2002年,我获得了孟加拉国国立大学管理学硕士学位。
Thanks again for writing to us!
再次感谢你的来信!
And that's Everyday Grammar TV.
以上就是今天的《每日语法》。