Sansa lifted the cup to her lips and took a sip.
珊莎把杯子举到唇边,啜了一小口。
The wine was cloyingly sweet, but very strong.
酒甜得发腻,非常烈。
“You can do better than that,” Cersei said.
“你能做得更好,”瑟曦道,
“Drain the cup, Sansa. Your queen commands it.”
“干了它,珊莎,这是太后的命令。”
It almost gagged her, but Sansa emptied the cup, gulping down the thick sweet wine until her head was swimming.
珊莎差点噎着,但勉强喝完一杯,黏稠甜腻的酒下肚,脑袋开始晕眩。
“More?” Cersei asked.
“再来?”瑟曦问。
“No. Please.”
“我不行了。求求您。”
The queen looked displeased.
太后有些不悦,
“When you asked about Ser Ilyn earlier, I lied to you.
“好吧……我告诉你,之前你问到伊林爵士时,我撒了谎。
Would you like to hear the truth, Sansa?
想不想听实话,珊莎?
Would you like to know why he’s really here?”
想不想知道我叫他来的真正原因?”
She did not dare answer, but it did not matter.
她不敢回答,但无所谓,
The queen raised a hand and beckoned, never waiting for a reply.
太后根本没理她,便举手招呼。
Sansa had not even seen Ser Ilyn return to the hall,
先前珊莎没见伊林爵士回来,
but suddenly there he was, striding from the shadows behind the dais as silent as a cat.
但他就那么突然出现了,大步从高台后的阴影里跨出,如猫一样安静,
He carried Ice unsheathed.
手提出鞘的寒冰。
Her father had always cleaned the blade in the godswood after he took a man’s head, Sansa recalled, but Ser Ilyn was not so fastidious.
记得父亲每次取人性命后,都会去神木林里将这把剑洗干净,但伊林爵士没那么讲究,
There was blood drying on the rippling steel, the red already fading to brown.
泛着涟漪的瓦雷利亚钢剑上沾有逐渐凝固的鲜血,红色蜕为褐色。
“Tell Lady Sansa why I keep you by us,” said Cersei.
“告诉珊莎小姐,我为何让你留在这里,”瑟曦命令。
Ser Ilyn opened his mouth and emitted a choking rattle.
伊林爵士张开嘴,发出一连串梗住的咯咯声,
His pox-scarred face had no expression.
麻子脸上毫无表情。
“He’s here for us, he says,” the queen said.
“他说,他为我们而来,”太后道,
“Stannis may take the city and he may take the throne, but I will not suffer him to judge me.
“史坦尼斯也许能攻进都城,夺取王位,但我决不会接受他的审判。
I do not mean for him to have us alive.”
我不会让他擒住我们。”
“Us?”
“我们?”
“You heard me.
“没错。
So perhaps you had best pray again, Sansa, and for a different outcome.
所以我奉劝你更换祷词,珊莎,祈求另一个结局。
The Starks will have no joy from the fall of House Lannister, I promise you.”
我向你保证,兰尼斯特家族若是倒台,史塔克家也不会高兴。”
She reached out and touched Sansa’s hair, brushing it lightly away from her neck.
她伸出手,轻轻地将珊莎的头发从脖子上拨开。