Cersei’s eyes narrowed.
瑟曦眯起眼睛,
“Your brother will do as he’s told, or I’ll see to it that he leads the next sortie himself, and you’ll go with him.”
“你老哥要么照办,要么就率下一拨突击队出击,连你也一起去。”
After the meal had been cleared away, many of the guests asked leave to go to the sept.
食物清走之后,众宾客纷纷请求去圣堂祈祷,
Cersei graciously granted their request.
瑟曦慈蔼地一一批准。
Lady Tanda and her daughters were among those who fled.
坦妲伯爵夫人和她的女儿们也在其中。
For those who remained, a singer was brought forth to fill the hall with the sweet music of the high harp.
一个歌手被带进来,为留下的人弹奏古竖琴,甜蜜的乐声填满大厅。
He sang of Jonquil and Florian, of Prince Aemon the Dragonknight and his love for his brother’s queen, of Nymeria’s ten thousand ships.
他歌颂琼琪和佛罗理安,歌颂龙骑士伊蒙王子和他对兄嫂之爱,歌颂娜梅莉亚的万船横渡。
They were beautiful songs, but terribly sad.
歌谣虽然美丽,却又充满悲伤,
Several of the women began to weep, and Sansa felt her own eyes growing moist.
让在场的女人忍不住落泪,珊莎的眼睛也渐渐湿润。
“Very good, dear.”
“很好,亲爱的,”
The queen leaned close.
太后再度倾身靠近,
“You want to practice those tears.
“抓紧时间练习流泪,
You’ll need them for King Stannis.”
会派上用场的,史坦尼斯国王就要到了。”
Sansa shifted nervously.
珊莎不安地动了动。
“Your Grace?”
“陛下?”
“Oh, spare me your hollow courtesies.
“噢,饶了我吧,省省这套装模作样的鬼把戏。
Matters must have reached a desperate strait out there if they need a dwarf to lead them, so you might as well take off your mask.
战况若非绝望,是轮不到侏儒出战的。好了,你也摘下面具,
I know all about your little treasons in the godswood.”
我对你在神木林里那些小小的叛国行径可是了若指掌。”
“The godswood?”
“神木林?”
Don’t look at Ser Dontos, don’t, don’t, Sansa told herself.
别看唐托斯爵士,别看,别看,珊莎告诉自己,
She doesn’t know, no one knows, Dontos promised me, my Florian would never fail me.
她不知道,没人知道,唐托斯向我保证过,我的佛罗理安不会让我失望。
“I’ve done no treasons.
“我没有叛国,
I only visit the godswood to pray.”
只是去祈祷。”
“For Stannis.
“哼,为史坦尼斯,
Or your brother, it’s all the same.
还是为你哥哥?够了,
Why else seek your father’s gods?
你去找你父亲的神还有什么好事?
You’re praying for our defeat.
无非就是祈祷我们失败。
What would you call that, if not treason?”
这不是叛国是什么?”
“I pray for Joffrey,” she insisted nervously.
“我为乔佛里祈祷,”她紧张地坚持。
“Why, because he treats you so sweetly?”
“为什么?为他对你的爱?”
The queen took a flagon of sweet plum wine from a passing serving girl and filled Sansa’s cup.
太后从经过的女侍手中拿过一壶甜李子酒,倒满珊莎的杯子。
“Drink,” she commanded coldly.
“喝,”她冷冷地下令,
“Perhaps it will give you the courage to deal with truth for a change.”
“但愿它给你勇气,迎接即将到来的事实。”