We meet today at a critical point at our world at a time when global solidarity is more important than ever.
今天,在全球团结比以往任何时候都更加重要的这个关键时刻,我们举行了这次会议。
As countries continue to struggle from the devastating effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
各国仍在努力应对新冠肺炎疫情的破坏性影响。
As the climate crisis upends lives and livelihoods.
气候危机颠覆了人们的生活,影响了人们的生计。
As conflicts rage and as poverty, displacement, hunger, and inequalities destroy the very foundation of the more just world that we have fought for for such a long time.
冲突不断加剧,贫困、失业、饥饿和不平等摧毁了我们经过长期奋斗,为得到更公平的世界而打下的基础。
And as we all know, all is not well with our world.
我们都知道,世界正在遭受重创。
But these crises did not happen by chance.
这些危机并非偶然。
But they can be fixed with a plan.
但我们可以通过一个计划化解它们。
We have that plan, the UN Sustainable Development Goals, a to-do list for the world.
我们制定了《联合国可持续发展目标》,这是为全世界制定的待办事项清单。
These goals were created hand in hand with people around the world in 2015.
这些目标是2015年世界各地的人们携手定下的。
Together, we have an extra ordinary opportunity to change the world that we live in.
我们共同努力,就有一个非同寻常的机会来改变我们生活的世界。
We owe it to our people.
这是我们对全世界公民的责任。
We owe it to our planet.
这是我们对地球的亏欠。