After so much time and tradition, the lines between a people and their horses begin to blur.
经过了漫长的时间和传统后,这里的人们与他们的马之间的界限变得模糊了。
For the McFarland year out family, gathering with the Appaloosa herd is an opportunity to honor something timeless.
对麦克法兰的一家人来说,与阿帕卢萨马聚在一起是一个纪念一些永恒的事物的契机。
We come together today just for a short prayer on this land where we keep our horses, our Sichem.
今天我们聚在一起,是为了在这片土地上做一场简短的祷告,在那里,供奉着我们的马和示剑(基督教教父)。
And just so grateful that we are able to use our horses to dress up and parade, to bring out our things that some have been handed down and some are brand new.
很感激我们能用马去装扮和展示,能用上一些祖传或全新的东西。
This is my mom's hat.
这是我妈妈的帽子。
I think this dress is from my great-grandmother.
我记得这件裙子是从我曾祖母那儿传下来的。
It makes me feel cool.
我觉得很酷。
I don't know why, but it just does, like, I feel cool in it.
不知道为啥,我就是觉得穿着它很酷。
Everything that's put together it has a story.
所有东西,都有自己的故事。
When you're doing this, you're doing honor not only to the Sichem, the Appaloosa, the Mawmen, and remembering our ancestors who raised horses and taught us of horse way.
这么做,不光是在纪念示剑,纪念阿帕卢萨马,还是在纪念那些养了马,并且教会我们与马相处的祖先们。
But everybody who contributed to what you're wearing and to who you are.
纪念那些曾经为你所穿的东西,为你是谁做过贡献的那些人。
It brings to mind so many memories of my childhood taking those journeys with my grandmother and my mother on horseback.
它让我想起了很多回忆,我小时候跟我妈妈和外婆一起骑着马走在这些路上。
These trails have been used for centuries by our ancestors.
我们的祖先在这些小路上走了几百年。
We're just a part of the big creations puzzle.
我们只是这一巨大创作物中的一部分。
We have something to share, something important to continue.
我们有共享的东西,有要传承的东西。
We have that language in common and we have our homeland.
有共同的语言,有自己的家乡。
But the horses are always a part of that effort to really bring us together.
但这些马总是将我们团结在一起的要素之一。
And of course for us, it's been the Appaloosa that's been the binding and that love of the Appaloosa is shared by people all over the world.
当然了,对我们来说,阿帕卢萨马是粘合剂,但对全世界来说,对阿帕卢萨马的爱是一样的。