Extreme heat is a challenge in cities worldwide.
在世界各地的城市里,极端高温是一项挑战。
I'm Jane Gilbert, I'm the chief heat officer for Miami-Dade county.
我是简·吉尔伯特,迈阿密-戴德县的高温主管。
We have far more days over 90 degrees than we had just a few decades ago.
我们超过90华氏度的天数比几十年前多得多。
Black grooves can get up to 170 degrees, affecting everyone who lives under them.
黑色凹槽可以达到170华氏度,影响到住在它们下面的每个人。
Painting roofs with special white paint can reflect 85 percent of sunlight, lowering surface temperatures by up to 50 degrees.
在屋顶上涂上特殊的白色涂料可以反射85%的阳光,使表面温度降低50度。
We're always having to keep the air on and having that on all day is expensive.
我们必须一直开着空调,整天开着很贵。
I've never seen ads on top of the roof where it's helping the community.
我从来没有在屋顶上看到过帮助社区的广告。
We're working on policies at the state level to encourage cool and white roofs.
我们正在制定州级别的政策来鼓励带来凉爽的白色屋顶。
These chill boards raise people's awareness all over the world and that's a great thing.
这些降温板提高了全世界人们的意识,这是一件很棒的事情。
I'd love to see this on more rooms across America.
我希望在美国更多的房间看到降温板。