I started swimming just after my illness.
我刚病完就开始游泳了。
I must have been 7 or 8 years old.
我那时肯定有七八岁了。
I immediately looked for a model I could identify with.
我立刻找了一个我能认同的榜样。
All children do that when they start playing sports.
所有的孩子在开始运动的时候都会这么做。
They want to wear the jersey of a specific soccer player, the sneakers of a specific basketball star...
他们想穿特定足球运动员的球衣,特定篮球明星的运动鞋……
But there was no one who looked like me.
但没有一个人看起来像我。
I had no model.
我没有榜样。
It's when I decided to embark on this totally crazy project, that of swimming across Lake Titicaca,
就在那时,我决定开始这个完全疯狂的项目,游过喀喀湖,
that Laccoste spoke to me about creating my own collection,
Laccoste跟我说要为我创造自己的系列服装,
and being the first disabled athlete whose T-shirt or cap one can wear.
成为第一个可以穿T恤或戴帽子的残疾人运动员。
Me, Louise Trotter and her teams all worked together, and the first task was to create my logo.
我、路易丝·特罗特和她的团队一起工作,第一个任务是创建我的标志。
I didn't want it just to be a pretty drawing, I really wanted to look like me.
我不希望这个标志只是一幅漂亮的画,我真的想让它看起来像我自己。
And then came to the collection itself.
然后来到系列服装本身。
"You see, this can really help inspire someone who lacks motivation in his everyday life."
“你看,这真的可以帮助激励那些在日常生活中缺乏动力的人。”
We wanted it to be for everyone: men, women, the able-bodied and the handicapped.
我们希望它面向所有人:男人、女人、健全人以及残疾人。
It was super important for both myself and Lacoste that everyone could wear it, just like any other collection.
像其他系列一样,每个人都可以穿上它,这对我和Lacoste来说非常重要。
This collection, it really makes a difference, and that's what I'm proud of.
这个系列,真的很不同,这是我感到自豪的地方。
It also proves to that little boy that everything is possible.
这也向那个小男孩证明了一切皆有可能。