手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 看动漫学心理学 > 正文

为人诚实的7个有趣特征

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey, Psych2Goers, and welcome back to another video.

嗨,Psych2Go的观众们,欢迎观看我们的视频。

If you're new here, welcome to Psych2Go.

如果你是新来的,欢迎观看Psych2Go。

Can you think of some qualities that society in general values very highly in people?

你能想到社会普遍看重的人身上的一些品质吗?

Selflessness, perseverance, respect, commitment, loyalty, amongst others.

无私奉献、坚持不懈、尊重他人、信守承诺、保持忠诚等等。

Each of these qualities is extremely important for the development of society, but it can be argued that the most important and sought-after quality is honesty.

这些品质对社会的发展都极其重要,但可以说,最重要和最受欢迎的品质是诚实。

You might think that honest people can be found at every turn on the street, but studies have shown that 40% of adults lie at least once a day.

你可能认为在街上的每个拐弯处都可以找到诚实的人,但研究表明,40%的成年人每天至少撒谎一次。

Wait, what?

等等,什么?

And although most of these accounts are for small white lies, it still counts as dishonest behavior.

尽管这些说法大多是善意的小谎,但它仍被算作不诚实的行为。

This makes honest people that much rarer and valuable.

这使得诚实的人变得更加稀有和有价值。

So here are seven revealing traits that honest people have.

以下是诚实人所具备的七大特点。

Number one, you have strong beliefs.

第一,你有坚定的信念。

How strongly do you defend your beliefs?

你为自己的信仰辩护的力度有多大?

Even when these are a part of a minority, standing by your beliefs and not being afraid to share them with others are traits that you have as an honest person,

即使这些是少数人的行为,坚持自己的信仰并不怕与他人分享是你作为一个诚实的人所具备的特质,

you are not afraid to go against the trend and you'll not change what your opinion is simply because other people think differently.

你不怕逆势而为,你不会仅仅因为别人的想法不同而改变你的观点。

Number two, you are thick skinned.

第二,你的脸皮很厚。

Don't take this the wrong way.

别误会我的意思。

Here defining thick skinned is important.

在这里,脸皮厚的概念很重要。

Thick skinned refers to a person who is insensitive or hardened to criticism, reproach, rebuff, et cetera.

脸皮厚的人指的是对批评、指责、斥责等漠不关心或无动于衷的人。

Yes, really.

是的,真的。

So how well do you handle criticism from others?

那么,你如何处理他人的批评呢?

Are you someone who will feel down after being criticized once?

你是那种被批评一次就会感到沮丧的人吗?

As an honest person, you'll often tell people things as they are.

作为一个诚实的人,你会经常告诉别人事情的真相。

And of course, people who don't like what they hear will get defensive and come back at you with insults or whatnot.

当然,那些不喜欢他们听到的话的人会变得恼怒,并以侮辱或诸如此类的方式来回击你。

And this is why honest people tend to be thick-skinned, to prevent being affected by other people's defensive responses.

这就是为什么诚实的人往往脸皮厚,以防止被他人的防御性反应所影响。

Number three, you have a calm and consistent voice tone.

第三,你的语气平静而稳定。

Have you ever noticed someone constantly raising their voice tone throughout a conversation.

你有没有注意到有人在谈话过程中不断提高音调。

That is a dead giveaway that someone is lying.

那是某人在撒谎的明显证据。

As an honest person, you maintain a calm and consistent voice tone when talking with others, this is because you're not afraid of what people might ask you.

作为一个诚实的人,在与别人交谈时,你会保持冷静和始终如一的语气,这是因为你不怕别人问你什么。

Even when they're trying to accuse you, you reply calmly while maintaining a consistent voice tone, because you don't have anything to hide.

即使当他们试图指责你时,你也会冷静地回答,同时保持一致的语气,因为你没有什么可隐瞒的。

Number four, you don't care about popularity.

第四,你不在乎受欢迎程度。

How much importance do you place on other people's opinions of you?

你有多重视别人对你的看法?

If your answer is not much, then this might be one of your personality traits as an honest person.

如果你的答案不是很重视他人看法,那么这可能是你作为一个诚实的人的个性特征之一。

You're not interested in being admired as the smartest or most attractive or most interesting because you know that it's probably not true.

你对被称赞为最聪明、最有吸引力或最有趣的人并不感兴趣,因为你知道这可能不是真的。

You don't wish to waste your time and energy convincing people of things like that.

你不希望浪费你的时间和精力来说服人们相信这样的事情。

Similarly, whenever you do good deeds, you do them because you want to help.

同样,无论何时你做好事,你都是因为你想帮助别人。

After all doing good deeds only to become more popular can be seen as fake and completely goes against your beliefs.

毕竟,做好事只是为了变得更受欢迎,可能会被视为虚伪,完全与你的信仰背道而驰。

Number five, you can come across as rude.

第五,你可能会给人以粗俗无礼的印象。

Are you someone who's not afraid to tell the truth to people, even if it might hurt them?

你是不是一个敢于告诉别人真相的人,即使这可能会伤害他们?

As an honest person, one of your main traits is that you would rather tell someone the hurtful truth than a pleasant lie.

作为一个诚实的人,你的一个主要特点是,你宁愿告诉别人伤害你的事实,而不是一个令人愉快的谎言。

Because of this, and considering that again, some people don't like the reality of things, you might come across as rude, or like a person who doesn't care about other people's feelings.

正因为如此,再一次考虑到,有些人不喜欢现实中的事情,你可能会给人一种粗鲁无礼的感觉,或者像一个不关心别人感受的人。

But in the end, even when people think you're rude, remember that you don't have ill intent.

但最终,即使人们认为你很粗鲁无礼,记住你并没有恶意。

You're just being honest with them.

你只是在对他们说实话。

And most of the time people will come across and acknowledge that.

大多数时候,人们会想明白并承认这一点。

Number six, you have close, meaningful relationships.

第六,你有亲密而有意义的关系。

How easy is it for you to build meaningful and strong relationships?

对你来说,建立有意义和牢固的关系有多容易?

As an honest person, you'll find yourself surrounded by close friends, after all a strong and lasting relationship bases itself on trust and honesty.

作为一个诚实的人,你会发现自己周围都是亲密的朋友,毕竟一段牢固而持久的关系建立在信任和诚实的基础上。

Would you rather be a close friend to someone who gossips behind your back or someone who confronts you when there's a problem?

你是愿意做一个在你背后说三道四的人的亲密朋友,还是愿意在有问题的时候与你正面交锋的人?

You'll most likely prefer someone who's open and honest about problems.

你很可能更喜欢一个坦诚面对问题的人。

And most people will have the same preference towards honest people.

而且大多数人都会对诚实的人有同样的偏好。

This is why you're able to form close and meaningful relationships.

这就是为什么你能够建立亲密而有意义的关系。

And number seven, your movements are natural.

第七,你的动作很自然。

Sometimes the most obvious signs that people can give are not verbal.

有时,人们能给出的最明显的迹象不是口头上的。

Have you ever talked with someone whose body movement just didn't match what they were saying?

你有没有和一个身体动作与他们所说的不符的人交谈过?

Similar to how you talk with a calm and consistent voice tone.

就像你说话时的语气一样,语气平静而连贯。

You also move your body in a relaxed and natural manner.

你的身体也会以一种轻松自然的方式移动。

Natural movements are obvious signals that you're not afraid of getting exposed, or that you have nothing to hide.

自然的动作是明显的信号,表明你不怕暴露,或者你没有什么可隐藏的。

On the other hand, someone who is lying will usually have a stiffer and more unnatural movement.

另一方面,说谎的人通常会有更僵硬和更不自然的动作。

So feeling completely relaxed when talking and having your body language show that is one of the traits of an honest person.

因此,在交谈时感觉完全放松,并让你的肢体语言显示出来,这是诚实的人的特征之一。

To conclude, honest people are harder to come across than you might think.

总而言之,诚实的人比你想象的要难得多。

But if you do, or if one of the friends you know have these traits that have been described, you can move forward, knowing yourself better, as well as being able to tell honest people surrounding you apart from people who will lie to you.

但如果你这样做了,或者如果你认识的一个朋友有这些描述过的特质,你就可以继续前进,更好地了解自己,并能够区分你周围诚实的人和会对你撒谎的人。

We hope we are able to give you some insight into some of the traits of honest people.

我们希望我们能够让你对诚实人的一些特点有一些了解。

Do any of these describe your experience or did any of these points describe you?

其中有没有描述你的经历,或者说这些观点中有没有描述你的?

If you have any questions or feedback regarding this video, please leave them in the comment box below.

如果您对此视频有任何问题或反馈,请在下面的评论框中留言。

We love hearing back from our viewers and your feedback is so important for us when we're creating content at Psych2Go.

我们乐意从我们的观众那里听到反馈,您的反馈对我们创建Psych2Go内容非常重要。

If you found this video helpful, be sure to hit the like button and share it with those out there, vying for honesty.

如果您觉得这个视频有帮助,一定要点击点赞按钮,并与其他人分享这个视频,争取做个诚实的人。

And don't forget to subscribe to Psych2Go and hit the notification bell for more new videos.

别忘了订阅Psych2Go,并点击通知铃按钮,获取更多新视频。

As always, thanks so much for watching.

一如既往,非常感谢您的收看。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
revealing [ri'vi:liŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 有启迪作用的,透露内情的,袒露身体的 动词re

 
movement ['mu:vmənt]

想一想再看

n. 活动,运动,移动,[音]乐章

联想记忆
perseverance [.pə:si'viərəns]

想一想再看

n. 毅力,忍耐,不屈不挠

联想记忆
selflessness

想一想再看

n. 忘我;无私

 
acknowledge [ək'nɔlidʒ]

想一想再看

vt. 承认,公认,告知收到,表示感谢,注意到

联想记忆
constantly ['kɔnstəntli]

想一想再看

adv. 不断地,经常地

 
tend [tend]

想一想再看

v. 趋向,易于,照料,护理

 
prevent [pri'vent]

想一想再看

v. 预防,防止

联想记忆
valuable ['væljuəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 贵重的,有价值的
n. (pl.)贵

联想记忆
popularity [.pɔpju'læriti]

想一想再看

n. 普及,流行,名望,受欢迎

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。