手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > VOA一起学英语-1级 > 正文

第29节:很久以前 A Long Time Ago

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hello! In Washington, D.C., there are many places that bring history to life.

你们好!在华盛顿,有许多地方可以重现历史。

But people who live here often do not have time to see them. They are too busy with work -- like me. Hi, Marsha!

但住在这里的人往往没有时间去看它们。他们工作太忙了——就像我一样。嗨,玛莎!

Hi, Anna! Have a seat.

嗨,安娜!请坐吧。

Thanks. This was a good idea. Working outdoors is nice.

谢谢。这是个好主意。在户外工作很不错。

Um-hum, it is.

嗯,是的。

I am tired. Today was a busy day at work. And I still have work to do!

我累了。今天工作很忙。我还有工作要做!

Hmm, that's too bad.

嗯,那太糟糕了。

How are you these days?

你最近怎么样?

I'm really busy too, Anna. Let's get to work.

安娜,我也很忙。我们开始工作吧。

Marsha, look! That bus has a photo of Abraham Lincoln!

玛莎,你看!那辆巴士上有亚伯拉罕·林肯的照片!

That's an advertisement for Ford's Theatre. They have a new show.

那是福特剧院的广告。他们有一个新演出。

They have shows where Abraham Lincoln died?

他们在亚伯拉罕·林肯去世的地方有演出吗?

Yeah, it's a working theater and a museum.

是啊,它是一个正在运转着的剧院和博物馆。

I love Lincoln.

我爱林肯。

Listen: How are you? Speak.

听:你好吗?说。

Listen: I am tired. Today was a busy day at work. Speak.

听:我累了。今天工作很忙。说。

You know, Marsha, that advertisement reminds me of something.

玛莎,那个广告让我想起了一些事。

Um-hum. What's that?

嗯哼。什么事?

When I was a little girl … Ahem, when I was a little girl … I was not like other children.

我小时候……呃哼,我小时候……我和其他孩子不一样。

Um-hum, I can believe that.

嗯哼,我相信。

I was a tall, serious child. At the playground the other children played silly games. They played with dart guns. They played on the swings, the slide and the teeter-totter.

我是一个高大、严肃的孩子。在操场上,其他孩子玩着愚蠢的游戏。他们玩飞镖。他们荡秋千、滑滑梯和玩跷跷板。

They also played ball. But not me. I loved to read serious books about U.S. presidents.

他们也打球。但我没有。我喜欢读有关美国总统的严肃书籍。

In fact, I wanted to be … don't laugh … President of the United States.

事实上,我想成为……不要笑话我……美国总统。

Stop! I know it's a silly childhood dream.

停!我知道这是一个愚蠢的童年梦想。

I'm sorry. It's not silly. Guess what I wanted to be? What?

对不起。这不愚蠢。猜猜我想成为什么?什么?

When I was a kid, I studied the stars and planets. I wanted to fly into outer space!

我小时候研究过恒星和行星。我想飞到外太空去!

You know, Marsha, childhood dreams are important.

玛莎,儿时的梦想很重要。

They are. And it's good to remember them.

它们是很重要。记住它们是件好事。

Hey! I have an idea. Let's go.

嘿!我有个主意。我们走吧。

Go where?

去哪里?

Let's go make our childhood dreams come true.

让我们一起去实现儿时的梦想吧。

We're going to the Air and Space Museum! Yes!

我们要去航空航天博物馆!是的!

No. We're going to see a show at Ford's Theatre; just like Abraham Lincoln did when he died! It's not far from here.

不。我们要去福特剧院看演出,就像亚伯拉罕·林肯去世时一样!剧院离这里不远。

Uh huh. That is your childhood dream.

嗯哼。那是你儿时的梦想。

Good point. Okay, next week, we'll come here and be astronauts.

说得好。好的,下周,我们来这里当宇航员。

Honestly? Honestly.

真的?真的。

Tonight we are seeing a show at Ford's Theatre, where a man shot President Abraham Lincoln.

今晚我们将在福特剧院观看一场演出,一名男子在那里枪杀了亚伯拉罕·林肯总统。

This is history come to life … and a childhood dream come true! Until next time …

这是重现历史……儿时的梦想也实现了!下次见……

重点单词   查看全部解释    
slide [slaid]

想一想再看

vi. 滑,滑动,滑入,悄悄地溜走
vt. 使

 
dart [dɑ:t]

想一想再看

n. 飞镖,投射,突进 vt. 快速投掷,使突然移动 v

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。