手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > VOA一起学英语-1级 > 正文

第27节:我不能去上班了 I Can't Come In

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hello! I am sure that today, in Washington, D.C,. there are a lot of great things to do.

大家好!我确定今天在华盛顿,有很多大事要做。

But I am not doing any of them. I am sick.

但我什么都不做。我病了。

Right now, I'm going to call my boss and tell her I cannot come in to work.

现在,我要给我的老板打电话,告诉她我不能去上班了。

Hello?

喂?

Ms. Weaver, Hi. I can't come to work today.

韦弗女士,你好。我今天不能去上班了。

Why not? What is wrong?

为什么不能来上班了呢?出什么事了吗?

Well, yesterday I felt fine.

嗯,昨天我感觉很好。

In the morning, I painted for hours.

早上,我画了几个小时的画。

In the afternoon, I cut wood. Then, I built a fire.

下午,我劈了柴。然后,我生了火。

Anna, what do you mean? Why can't you come to work today?

安娜,你什么意思?你今天为什么不能来上班呢?

I do not feel well. I think I'm sick.

我觉得不舒服。我想我病了。

I'm sorry to hear that. I was sick last week, too. I had the flu.

听到这个消息我很难过。我上周也病了。我得了流感。

What did you do?

你做了什么?

I slept a lot and I drank a lot of water. Do you have a doctor?

我睡了很多觉,喝了很多水。你有医生吗?

Yes, I do.

是的,我有。

You should call your doctor. And get lots of rest!

你应该给你的医生打电话。好好休息一下!

Thanks, Ms. Weaver. I'll call right now. I'm calling my doctor.

谢谢,韦弗女士。我现在就打给我的医生。我要给我的医生打电话。

I do not feel well. I think I'm sick.

我觉得不舒服。我想我病了。

I was sick last week, too. I had the flu.

我上周也病了。我得了流感。

Now, where does this thing go?

现在,这个东西要放哪里呢?

Hello. This is Dr. Bennett. How can I help you?

喂。我是班纳特医生。有什么可以帮忙的吗?

Hello, Dr. Bennett. This is Anna.

你好,班纳特医生。我是安娜。

Oh, Hi, Anna. How can I help you?

哦,嗨,安娜。有什么可以帮忙的吗?

I think I'm sick.

我想我病了。

Let me ask you a couple of questions. Do you have a sore throat?

让我问你几个问题。你喉咙痛吗?

Yes. I have a sore throat.

是的。我喉咙痛。

Do you have a cough?

你咳嗽吗?

Yes. I have a cough.

是的。我咳嗽。

When did you start feeling sick?

你什么时候开始感觉不舒服的。

This morning. Yesterday I felt great. In the morning I painted, for hours--in the afternoon I cut wood.

今天早上。昨天我感觉很好。早上我画了几个小时的画--下午我劈柴。

Excuse me, Anna. But I don't need to know all that. Do you have a fever?

恕我打断一下,安娜。但我不需要知道所有事情。你发烧吗?

Oh. My thermometer says 125 degrees?! What??

哦。我的温度计显示是125华氏度?!什么?

Yeah, that's not right.

是啊,那是不对的。

Oh. Wait. The thermometer was in my hot cup of coffee.

哦。等等。温度计刚才在我的那杯热咖啡里。

Please take it again, Anna.

安娜,请再测一遍体温。

Okay, the thermometer says 100.5 degrees.

好的,温度计显示是100.5华氏度。

100.5 degrees is not too high. I want you to drink lots of water. Rest in bed and get lots of sleep.

100.5华氏度不算太高。我要你多喝水。躺在床上休息,多睡觉。

That is what my boss said to do. Um, Dr. Bennett, when can I go to work?

这跟我的老板所说的要做的事情一样。嗯,班纳特医生,我什么时候可以去上班?

Don't go to work for a couple of days.

这几天不要去上班。

Yes! I mean, I don't want to make my co-workers sick.

是的!我是说,我不想让我的同事生病。

That's right. Call me back in a couple of days.

没错。过几天再给我打电话。

I will, Dr. Bennett. And thanks.

我会的,班纳特医生。谢谢你。

When did you start feeling sick?

你什么时候开始感觉不舒服的?

Well, you heard the doctor--no work for a couple of days.

嗯,你们听到医生说的了——这几天不要去工作。

I need water, sleep and um … lots of movies!

我需要喝水,睡觉和嗯……看很多电影!

Well, the doctor didn't say anything about movies. But it can't hurt! Until next time!

嗯,医生可没提电影。但它不会有什么坏处的!下次见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
thermometer [θə'mɔmitə]

想一想再看

n. 温度计

联想记忆
weaver ['wi:və]

想一想再看

n. 织布者,织工

 
fever ['fi:və]

想一想再看

n. 发烧,发热,狂热
v. (使)发烧,(使

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。