The Director-General of the World Health Organization Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus is called for the world to pull together on Monday
周一,世界卫生组织总干事谭德塞呼吁全世界要齐心协力,
and make the difficult decisions required to end the Covid-19 pandemic within the next year.
作出亟需的艰难决定,在明年内结束新冠疫情。
2022 must be the year we end the pandemic.
2022年必须是我们结束这场疫情大流行的一年。
But it must also be the year that all countries invest in preventing a future disaster on this scale,
但是同样在明年,所有国家也都必须作出投资,以防止未来发生同样规模的灾难,
and in accelerating efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
并加快实现可持续发展目标的努力。
That means investing in resilient health systems, built on primary health care, with universal health coverage as the goal.
也就是说,要以初级保健为基础,并以全民健康覆盖为目标,投资于有复原力的卫生系统。
What happens in the future, whether in 2022 or beyond,
未来会发生什么,无论是2022年还是2022年以后,
is on how best we're using the tools we have at hand,
都将取决于我们如何最好地利用我们现有的工具,
not only vaccines, but all the tools that we have at hand.
不仅仅是疫苗,而是我们现有的所有工具。
If we do that, I think we can better off. That's what I would say.
如果我们这样做了,我想我们的生活境况就能好转起来。这就是我想说的。