In pot-shops and winesinks and brothels, you hear these things—and in the barracks and guardhalls as well, I fear."
这些话,你在食堂,在酒馆,在妓院,随处可以听到——恕我直言,恐怕在兵营和警卫厅里也一样。
"They hate my family, is that what you are telling me?"
“你想告诉我,他们恨我的家族?”
"Aye... and will turn on them, if the chance comes."
“是的……导火线一旦点燃,便一发不可收拾。”
"Me as well?"
“对我呢?”
"Ask your eunuch."
“去问你的太监。”
"I'm asking you."
“我在问你。”
Bywater's deep-set eyes met the dwarf's mismatched ones, and did not blink.
拜瓦特深陷的眼睛对上侏儒大小不一的双眼,一眨也不眨。
"You most of all, my lord."
“他们最恨的就是你,大人。”
"Most of all?" The injustice was like to choke him.
“最恨我?”颠倒黑白!他差点窒息。
"It was Joffrey who told them to eat their dead, Joffrey who set his dog on them. How could they blame me?"
“要他们享用死尸的是乔佛里,放狗对付他们的也是乔佛里。他们怎么能怪到我头上呢?”
"His Grace is but a boy. In the streets, it is said that he has evil councilors.
“陛下还是个孩子,街头传言都是奸臣祸国。
The queen has never been known as a friend to the commons, nor is Lord Varys called the Spider out of love...
太后向来不为平民所爱,‘蜘蛛’瓦里斯更不用说……
but it is you they blame most.
但他们最怨恨的是你,
Your sister and the eunuch were here when times were better under King Robert, but you were not.
因为在劳勃国王时代——他们口中的黄金时代——你姐姐和太监就已经在这儿了,但你不在。
They say that you've filled the city with swaggering sellswords and unwashed savages,
他们指责你让狂妄自大的佣兵和肮脏粗鲁的野蛮人进了城,
brutes who take what they want and follow no laws but their own.
目无王法,予取予夺,搅得都城乌烟瘴气;
They say you exiled Janos Slynt because you found him too bluff and honest for your liking.
他们指责你放逐杰诺斯·史林特,因为嫉恨他的坦率正直;
They say you threw wise and gentle Pycelle into the dungeons when he dared raise his voice against you.
他们指责你将睿智温和的派席尔打进地牢,因为他敢直言进谏。
Some even claim that you mean to seize the Iron Throne for your own."
有人甚至说你居心不良,打算攫取铁王座。”
"Yes, and I am a monster besides, hideous and misshapen, never forget that."
“是是是,除此之外,我还是个丑陋畸形的怪物,千万别忘了。”
His hand coiled into a fist.
他握指成拳。
"I've heard enough. We both have work to attend to. Leave me."
“够了!我们都有工作要处理。你下去吧。”
Perhaps my lord father was right to despise me all these years,
这些年来父亲大人一直瞧不起我,或许他是对的。
if this is the best I can achieve, Tyrion thought when he was alone.
我尽了全力,却只落得这番下场,提利昂孤独地想。
He stared down at the remains of his supper, his belly roiling at the sight of the cold greasy capon.
他瞪着吃剩的晚餐,冷冰冰油腻腻的鸡让他反胃,
Disgusted, he pushed it away, shouted for Pod, and sent the boy running to summon Varys and Bronn.
便厌恶地将之推开,大声呼唤波德,派那孩子去找瓦里斯和波隆。