"He's no more than a boy.
“他还是个孩子。
Son to my late uncle Tygett.
而他父亲是我过世的提盖特叔叔,
His father was always kind to me."
对我一向很好。”
"We'll find him. The septon's crown as well."
“我们会找到他,以及总主教的冠冕。”
"The Others can bugger each other with the septon's crown, for all I care."
“让异鬼用总主教的冠冕互相干吧!我才不管。”
"When you named me to command the Watch, you told me you wanted plain truth, always."
“当你任命我为都城守备队的司令官时,曾告诉我你只要真相。”
"Somehow I have a feeling I am not going to like whatever you're about to say,"
“我有预感,不管你打算说什么,我都不会喜欢,”
Tyrion said gloomily.
提利昂阴郁地说。
"We held the city today, my lord, but I make no promises for the morrow.
“直到今天为止,都城依然在我掌控中,但是大人,我无法担保明天的情况。
The kettle is close to boiling.
壶里的水就要煮开锅,
So many thieves and murderers are abroad that no man's house is safe,
盗贼和杀人犯在市内横行,人人自危。
the bloody flux is spreading in the stews along Pisswater Bend,
此外,该死的瘟疫在臭水湾的贫民区蔓延,
there's no food to be had for copper nor silver.
铜板和银币都已经搞不到食物。
Where before you heard only mutterings from the gutter, now there's open talk of treason in guildhalls and markets."
从前只在跳蚤窝暗地流传的叛国言论,而今已在会馆和市场公开宣讲。”
"Do you need more men?"
“你要增加人手?”
"I do not trust half the men I have now.
“现今的手下尚有半数我信不过。
Slynt tripled the size of the Watch, but it takes more than a gold cloak to make a watchman.
史林特当初一口气将守备队扩充了三倍,但不是穿上金袍子就能当守卫的。
There are good men and loyal among the new recruits, but also more brutes, sots, cravens, and traitors than you'd care to know.
毋庸置疑,新兵里也有品格高尚的好人,但更多的是暴徒、醉鬼、懦夫和叛徒,多得出乎你的意料。
They're half-trained and undisciplined, and what loyalty they have is to their own skins.
这些家伙训练不足,缺乏纪律,更无忠诚可言——他们只忠于自己那身臭皮囊。
If it comes to battle, they'll not hold, I fear."
一旦发生战争,恐怕顶不住。”
"I never expected them to," said Tyrion.
“没这个奢望,”提利昂说。
"Once our walls are breeched, we are lost, I've known that from the start."
“一旦城墙被突破,我们就完了,这道理打一开始我就明白。”
"My men are largely drawn from the smallfolk.
“此外,我必须指出,我的部下多半是平民出身。
They walk the same streets, drink in the same winesinks, spoon down their bowls of brown in the same pot-shops.
从前,他们和今天的这些暴徒一起在街上行走,在酒馆喝酒,甚至在食堂同喝‘褐汤’。
Your eunuch must have told you, there is small love for the Lannisters in King's Landing.
不用我提醒,你的太监应该告诉过你,兰尼斯特家在君临不受欢迎。
Many still remember how your lord father sacked the city, when Aerys opened the gates to him.
当年伊里斯开城之后,你父亲大人血洗君临的故事,有许多人记忆犹新。
They whisper that the gods are punishing us for the sins of your House—for your brother's murder of King Aerys,
大家私下流传,如今诸神降罚,天怒人怨,全因你们家族罄竹难书的罪孽——你哥哥谋杀了伊里斯国王,
for the butchery of Rhaegar's children, for the execution of Eddard Stark and the savagery of Joffrey's justice.
你父亲屠戮了雷加的孩子们,还有你外甥乔佛里处死艾德·史塔克、日常施行野蛮审判。
Some talk openly of how much better things were when Robert was king,
有人公开怀念劳勃国王当政时期,
and hint that times would be better again with Stannis on the throne.
并且暗示如果让史坦尼斯坐上王座,好日子就会重新到来。