手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 大脑洞开的生命奇想 > 正文

在月球上生活真的很糟糕吗?

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey there!

大家好!

Welcome to another episode of Dear Blocko!

欢迎收看新一期的“亲爱的布洛克”!

This is the show where I answer your questions that you have about your world and my world!

在这期节目中,我将回答关于你们以及我的世界的问题!

First question up!

来吧,第一个问题!

Appy asks Dear Blocko How can I live the moon?

Appy提问,亲爱的宝高,如何在月亮上生活?

Can it grow things?

月亮上能种植植物吗?

life170.jpg

How much does it cost to get there.

到月球的话要花多少钱?

Humans first stepped on the moon back in 1969.

人类第一次踏上月球是在1969年。

And now, NASA’s Artemis program has hopes of sending the next man and first woman to the moon by 2024 to learn more about the lunar surface.

现在,美国宇航局的“阿尔忒弥斯计划“希望在2024年前送第二位男性和首位女性到月球,以了解更多关于月球表面的信息。

Some of their goals are to learn about how to work with the lunar soil, known as regolith,

他们的一些目标是了解如何处理月球土壤,即风化层,

so that astronauts can drive long distances across it and even build infrastructure on it!

这样宇航员就可以在月球上驾车进行长途旅行,甚至可以在月球上建造基础设施!

Regolith is a mix of rocks, pebbles, and dust, can be quite sharp, and has been described as a similar texture to baking flour.

风化层是岩石、土壤和灰尘的混合物,可能相当尖锐,据说是一种类似于烘焙面粉的质地。

So, really not just any normal car could drive on it.

所以,真的不是任何的普通车辆就能在月球表面行驶。

And imagine trying to build a house on top of that kind of material or just trying to get a space garden set up there.

想象一下,在这种表面上建一座房子或者建一座太空花园。

That said, researchers have had some initial success growing plants in simulated regolith

也就是说,研究人员已经初步成功地在模拟的风化层中种植植物

not actual regolith from the moon’s surface — with foods like tomatoes, rye, and peas.

这里并非指真正月球表面的风化层,种植的植物有西红柿、黑麦和豌豆等食物。

Still though, the soil is just one aspect of growing plants — let’s just assume there won’t be giant space garden any time soon…

尽管如此,土壤只是种植植物的因素之一——我们假设,短期内不会建造庞大的太空花园……

As far as cost by the way, one NASA administrator said that the Artemis program could cost anywhere between 20 and 30 billion dollars.

顺便提一嘴,美国宇航局的一位管理人员表示,“阿尔忒弥斯计划”的成本可能在200亿到300亿美元之间。

So, let’s hope your piggy bank has a LOT of quarters in it.

所以,咱们还是先数数小猪存钱罐里有多少硬币吧。

Next question up! Leon asks #dearblocko,

下一个问题!利昂问“亲爱的布洛克”,

Why does everyone's voice sound different if we have the same voice box?

如果大家的发声系统一样,为什么每个人的声音听起来却不一样?

This is a great question!

这个问题挺有水平!

To answer this, let’s understand a little more about how human speech actually works.

为了回答这个问题,我们来进一步了解一下人类语言是如何工作的。

It’s more than just your voice box that gives you the unique voice that you have.

让声音独特的不仅仅是因为发声部位。

Whenever you say something, air from your lungs passes through your larynx, which is also called your voice box!

当你说话时,肺部的空气会流经喉咙,也就是你的喉头!

Attached to the larynx are your vocal folds, or vocal cords.

与喉咙相连的是声带。

When these vibrate, sound is produced.

当声带振动时,就会发出声音。

And these vocal folds help determine the pitch of your voice — how high or low it sounds.

这些声带有助于决定声音的音调——听起来有多高或多低。

From here, the sound still has to travel through your vocal tract, the airway and out to your nose and lips.

由此可知,声音仍然需要通过声道,气管,然后到达鼻腔和嘴唇。

And the unique shape of your vocal tract causes the sound to change, giving you your unique sounding voice!

而声道的独特形状会导致声音发生变化,从而形成各自独特的声音!

Anyway, now it's time for a question about me and my world!

大概就是这样,现在是时候问下一个问题了!

Jayzander asks #DearBlocko

杰伊赞德问,“亲爱的布洛克”

嘿!你为什么不想做我的死敌?Is Mocko still annoying you and your town?

Mocko还在骚扰你和你的小镇吗?

For those of you who don’t know, Mocko is my evil twin.

有些人可能不知道,Mocko是我的邪恶双胞胎。

He thinks I’m his arch nemesis, but again, I couldn’t care less about the guy.

他觉得我是他的死敌,但我还是不在乎他。

Oh really Blocko? Not even if I steal your soon to be wife? Hahahahaha

哦?真的吗,布洛克?就算我抢走你那马上转正的未婚妻也不介意吗?哈哈哈哈哈哈

Mocko, that’s not my wife, that is several wheels of cheese stacked on top of each other.

Mocko,那不是我妻子,那只是几个轮子状的奶酪叠放在一起而已。

Actually. I’m not entertaining this. I really gotta go.

好了。我对这事儿不感兴趣。我得走了。

Hey! Why don’t you ever wanna be my arch nemesis?

嘿!你为什么不想做我的死敌?

I do evil things around the city.

我在城里可是无恶不作的啊。

I’m basically you but evil and have a mustache.

我就是你本人啊,只是邪恶了点,还有小胡子罢了。

I mean you’ve never even stopped to ask if we’re even related.

我是说,你从来问我我俩之间的关系。

Eh, I just don’t really need an arch nemesis right now.

我现在真的不需要一个死对头。

Well, what if I told you I’m the one releasing those data muncher bugs all over the Life Noggin World?

如果我告诉你,是我在脑洞大开的生命奇想节目里发布了那些数据咀嚼虫呢?

Eh, I don’t believe you. Wha- why not? Well, Is it you? ....no.

呃,我才不信呢。什...为什么不信?那你说,是你干的吗?...不是的。

Couldn’t you just like...pop my hot air balloon or something? Just pretend you hate me?

你就不能…弄爆我的热气球或者别的什么吗?就假装憎恶我?

Uh OK! Fine. Happy? You’ve done it this time, Blocko.

嗯,那行吧!满意了吗?这次你做到了,布洛克。

This means war! Come on Circlia. You’re coming with me!

这就是宣战了!走吧,Circlia,你是我的了!

Anyway, do you have any questions about your world and my world?

大家对你们和我的世界还有什么问题吗?

Let me know in the comment section below and make sure you use the hashtag dearblocko so I can find it!

请在下方评论区留言,一定要带上“亲爱的布洛克”标签,这样我就能看到了!

As always, my name is Blocko, this has been Life Noggin, don’t forget to keep on thinking!

还是那句话,我是布洛克,这里是脑洞大开的生命奇想。思考不要停!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
pitch [pitʃ]

想一想再看

n. 沥青,树脂,松脂
n. 程度,投掷,球场

联想记忆
texture ['tekstʃə]

想一想再看

n. (材料等的)结构,特点,表面,基本结构

 
assume [ə'sju:m]

想一想再看

vt. 假定,设想,承担; (想当然的)认为

联想记忆
annoying [ə'nɔiiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 恼人的,讨厌的

 
vibrate ['vaibreit]

想一想再看

vt. (使)振动,(使)摇摆
vi. 回响,

 
pretend [pri'tend]

想一想再看

v. 假装,装作
adj. 假装的

联想记忆
initial [i'niʃəl]

想一想再看

n. (词)首字母
adj. 开始的,最初的,

联想记忆
arch [ɑ:tʃ]

想一想再看

n. 拱,拱门,拱状物
v. 成拱形,拱起

 
mustache [mə'stɑ:ʃ, 'mʌstæʃ]

想一想再看

n. 胡子,髭

 
episode ['episəud]

想一想再看

n. 插曲,一段情节,片段,轶事

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。