From rock star, to team owner to foundation chairman, they're all just mile markers along this journey and that is the power of "we".
从摇滚明星到球队所有者,再到基金会主席,这些都是旅程沿途的里程标记,这就是“我们”的力量。
No one is an island. No one can do it alone.
没有人是一座孤岛,没有谁能独自做这件事。
Not government alone, not the private sector alone.
政府不能,私营部门也不能。
It takes great partners like I've had with Mayor Redd, and Chief Thompson.
做成这件事,需要优秀的合作伙伴,就像与我合作的雷德市长和汤普森警长一样。
It takes great partnerships like the Heart of Camden, the St. Joseph Carpenter Society, and Hopeworks in Camden.
还需要优秀的合伙组织,像“卡姆登之心”、“圣·约瑟夫木匠协会”、“卡姆登希望工程”等。
It takes everyone from nuns to rock stars.
做成这件事需要所有人的参与,不管是修女还是摇滚明星。
And it takes you! But you already know that, because you've seen it. Because you've done it.
这件事还需要你们的参与!但你们早就知道这一点了,因为你们已经看到了,因为你们已经参与了。
For me the issue of hunger and homelessness feels right. For you, it may be something else.
对我而言,就是要致力于解决饥饿和流离失所的问题。而对你们来说,要做的可能是别的事情。
So find that something, be passionate about it and start that ripple.
所以,找到那样东西,热爱它并行动起来。
Be that change! That's what you do, that's what you've done.
去改变吧!那是你们要做的,也是你们已经做到的。
When called upon, your class harnessed change and made it work for justice.
当受到感召时,同学们,你们抓住了变化的契机,并让它实现了最合理的利用。
You could have easily used technology to relax and play video games,
你们本可以轻松地利用科技玩电子游戏和放松自己,
but your class used it as a map, to map this community to make sure that people got services to those who were in need.
但你们却把它用作地图,你们给这个社区做了一张地图,以确保那些需要帮助的人得到服务。
You could have used your knowledge to manipulate others with less, but you used it to come together to reopen the Cooper Park.
你们本可以利用自己的知识以较少的精力来控制别人,但你们却一起用它使库珀公园重新开放。
You could have used your time for you.
你们本可以把时间花在自己身上。
But instead, over the course of just one school year, you, the students of Rutgers-Camden, did almost 35 years of community service.
但相反,仅仅在过去的一学年,你们,罗格斯大学卡姆登分校的学生们,却做了几乎相当于35年的社区服务。
And that, too, is the power of "we".
这同样是“我们”的力量。