Before the Soul ever played a down, we found four needy charities and gave away more money than we brought in.
在费城灵魂队刚能够打个一档时,我们发现有四家慈善机构很缺钱,就向他们捐钱,捐的钱比我们挣的还要多。
We were having fun playing football and Robin Hood!
我们一边玩橄榄球一边当罗宾汉,感觉很开心!
But then on one bitter cold night in 2006, while I was staying in Philly, I looked out my window and I saw a man sleeping outside.
2006年我住在费城的时候,在一个寒冷的夜晚,我从窗口往外看,看见一个人睡在外面。
He was huddled up hoping just to make it through the night.
他蜷缩成一团,只希望能熬过那一夜。
I decided we should focus our philanthropic efforts on the homeless.
我决定我们的慈善事业应该重点关注无家可归的人。
This issue could affect anyone.
这一问题可能会影响到每个人。
It didn't matter if you were young or old, black or white, republican or democrat.
不管你是年轻人还是老年人,黑皮肤还是白皮肤,共和党还是民主党,这些都无所谓。
I didn't need a scientist to find the cure; I needed someone to help me help those in need.
我不需要科学家找到根治这一问题的良方,我需要的只是有人和我一起来帮助那些需要帮助的人。
I asked a close friend to find me someone who was both passionate and compassionate, an authority on the homeless issue.
我让一位好友帮我找一个既充满激情又富有同情心的人,一个对无家可归者问题具有一定权威的人。
He found me Sister Mary Scullion and that's how the rock star who had the new beginnings, the bumpy ride,
他给我找来了玛丽·斯卡利恩修女,这就是这位摇滚明星的新开始,一段崎岖旅程的开始,
and the pencil came to write the words, "the power of 'we'."
他用那支铅笔写下这样几个字--“'我们'的力量”。
You. Me. That's the power of "we".
有你,有我,这就是“我们”的力量。
"We" can be that change we want to see.
“我们”可以创造出我们想看到的改变。
When I met Sister Mary and her already well-established team at Project Home,
当我遇见玛丽修女和她在“家园计划”组织中久负盛名的团队之后,
we joined forces and nearly a decade later we continue to address the needs of those in need through that power of "we".
我们就联合起来,而且在近十年之后,我们仍继续通过那股“我们”的力量,来满足那些需要帮助的人的需求。
We may have lost some money on the team, but we won on and off the field.
我们的橄榄球队可能赔掉了一些金钱,但我们在场上和场下都赢了。
So remember that when life brings you challenges, it also brings you opportunities.
所以记住,生活带给你挑战的同时,也给你带来了机遇。