President Monaco, distinguished faculty and trustees, honored guests,
莫纳可校长,尊敬的教职员工、校董们,嘉宾们,
most important people -- members of the Class of 2015, families and friends: Good morning.
还有最重要的2015届毕业生们、家长们、朋友们,大家上午好。
I want to begin by thanking Tufts very, very much for this honorary degree.
首先,我要感谢塔夫茨大学,非常感谢你们授予我这个荣誉学位。
And I know I speak for my fellow honorees in saying how grateful we all are,
我知道我也代表其他获得名誉学位的同伴们发言,表达我们对学校的感激,
and I am so honored to be with all of them, because they are a remarkable group of people.
并且我非常荣幸成为他们中的一员,因为他们是一群了不起的人。
As the Class of 2015 well knows, a degree is a very precious thing.
2015届的毕业生们都知道,学位是非常珍贵的东西。
It is very satisfying to work hard and earn one.
努力学习并获得学位,这是件令人满足的事情。
It is an utter delight to receive one simply for showing up.
只是露露脸就能拿到学位,真是让人太高兴了。
But that is not the only reason that I am excited to be here.
但这并不是我来到这儿很兴奋的唯一原因。
Although I didn't attend Tufts, I feel a very personal connection to this outstanding university.
虽然我没有在塔夫茨大学读过书,但我和这所著名的大学有亲密的联系。
Back in the 1960's, this is where I met one of my heroes, former Secretary of State Dean Acheson, after he delivered a speech.
早在20世纪60年代,我在这儿遇见了一个我十分崇拜的人--前国务卿迪安·艾奇逊,当时他刚做完演讲。
And I never, ever, imagined that I would one day be appointed to Acheson's job.
那时我从未想到有一天我会和他一样被任命为国务卿。
It's not that I lacked ambition; it's just that I'd never seen a Secretary of State in a skirt.
这并不是因为我缺乏远大的抱负,而是我从未见过穿裙子的国务卿。