India has a lot of amazing dishes, but the steamed ones from the south of the country caught my eye.
印度有很多很棒的美食,但最吸引我眼球的是印度南部的蒸食。
I'm making dhokla and patra today.
我今天要做的是dhokla和patra。
This breakfast is typical in my country.
这是我们国家非常具有代表性的一种早餐。
My name is Aneri Chavan. I live in Bharuch, India.
我叫阿内里·查万。我住在印度的巴鲁克。
Dhokla is fermented rice and urad dal.
Dhokla是用大米和印度白豆发酵制成的。
Patra is colocasia leaves, which are coated with gram flour.
Patra是用芋叶抹上豆糊,
And it is steamed and also fried.
经过清蒸然后油炸制成的一种美食。
Dhokla is milder and patra is a spicier thing.
Dhokla的味道是比较清淡的,帕特拉要辣一些。
It takes eight to nine hours to make dhokla.
制作dhokla需要8~9个小时。
The most difficult part is the fermenting part.
最难的部分就是发酵的部分。
When you have to mix it in the mixer, the batter should have the desired consistency.
用搅拌机搅拌好的面糊,粘稠度要把握得恰到好处。
To achieve that, it is a bit difficult.
要做到这一点还是有点困难的。
Patra's difficult part is coating them with the gram flour, and just binding them and folding them.
做Patra的难点在于要给芋叶抹上豆糊,要能把芋叶裹起来不散。
Any chance the fold gets open, then it of no fun.
如果散开了就遭了。
Breakfast in my house is a sitting-down affair.
我们家早餐是要坐下来吃的。
My son, my husband, we three have breakfast in the morning together only, before leaving for the job.
我儿子,我丈夫,我们三个只有早餐能在一起吃,吃完就要上班了。
These dishes are quite steamed and healthy, so I liked them the most.
这些菜都是清蒸的,比较健康,所以我最喜欢的也是这几道。
It gives you a lot of mileage to work for the entire day.
还让你活力满满地工作一整天。
Some have called this next breakfast from Lebanon pizza-like,
有人说下面这道来自黎巴嫩的早餐有点像披萨,
and I'm not sure that's the best description, however, damn if it is not amazing.
我不确定这么说是不是准确,但如果不好吃,你来找我。
The final breakfast dish is another soup.
本期视频分享的最后一种早餐还是汤。
This one is from Myanmar, and it has so many flavors that it feels like the perfect dish to set yourself up for the day.
这个汤来自缅甸,而且它的味道极其丰富,你会觉得开启一天的生活,没有比它更合适的早餐了。
I know that people always say breakfast is the most important meal of the day,
我知道,人们总是说早餐是一天中最重要的一餐,
and it is, but I don't think that we really execute on that.
确实如此,但我觉得并不是每个人都真的做到了这一点。
I think a lot of times we're in a rush, and we're kind of running out the door, and breakfast is kind of an afterthought.
很多时候我们都是急匆匆地冲出门,之后才想起来没吃早餐。
But I also know that on those days when I do sit down, and I do eat a good meal,
但我也知道,当我真的坐下来好好吃一顿早餐,
and I eat it with somebody that I care about, my family or my friends, I feel like my day is better.
和我在乎的人一起,和家人或者朋友一起好好地吃一顿早餐的时候,我真的有觉得那一天都变美好了。
You have this moment where you're sharing a meal,
和他们一起吃一顿饭,
it's the first meal of your day, and kind of the day is full of possibilities.
还是你一天之中的第一顿饭,你就会觉得这一天会是拥有无限可能的一天。
And sharing that with somebody before everything gets going, kind of sets you up for a better day.
在一切开始之前和他们一起吃一顿早餐,就会让你这一天有一个美好的开始。
You know? I know.
那种感觉你懂吧?反正我懂。
Cooking always makes the family unite together.
烹饪总是能把我们一家人凝聚到一起。
My husband, my child, they always help me while cooking.
我的丈夫,我的孩子,他们经常会在我做饭的时候帮我。
So it is absolutely a family affair for us.
所以,烹饪绝对算得上我们家的一件全家都参与了的事。
I like grits because they just taste good.
我喜欢棒子面儿粥,因为真的是太好喝了。
And it is also a tradition.
不仅如此,它也是我们的一种传统。
So everytime you're eating a bowl of grits, you are reliving this tradition, this sort of practice that you had as a family.
所以,每喝一碗棒子面儿粥,就等于重温了一遍这个传统,重温了一遍你们一家人的习惯。
And it brings you back to those moments that sometimes we just don't have enough opportunity to connect with.
还会将你带回那些有时我们并没有太多机会重温的时刻。