I'm Beryl.
我是Beryl。
And this week we're looking at breakfasts.
这周我们关注早餐。
Let's go.
起床啦。
Breakfast wasn't always such a beloved meal.
早餐并不是一直都这么受欢迎的。
In fact, in the middle ages in Europe, it was considered an affront to God to eat so early on in the day.
事实上,在中世纪的欧洲,这么早就吃东西被认为是对上帝的侮辱。
But then, in the 1600s, coffee and tea arrived in Europe and things began to change.
但后来,到了17世纪,咖啡和茶来到了欧洲,情况就开始变了。
Coffee smells so good.
咖啡闻起来真香。
I did an around-the-world coffee actually, if you're interested, link...Ok.
其实,我还做了一期“世界各地咖啡大赏”,感兴趣的话,链接在这边……好吧。
Then came the Industrial Revolution and people needed an actual full meal in the morning to get them through a big day of labor.
后来发生了工业革命,人们就需要在早上吃一顿饱餐,才能扛住一整天的劳动。
I broke the yolk.
我把蛋黄弄碎了。
Whatever.
碎了就碎了,管他呢。
Kellogg and Post then came onto the scene.
接着,Kellogg和(C.W.)Post两人登上了历史舞台。
Toasters were invented.
烤面包机被发明出来了。
Waffle irons were invented.
华夫饼熨斗也被发明了。
Breakfast became a huge thing, quickly.
早餐很快就成了一件大事。
Oh.
哈。
Hi buddy.
小家伙你来啦。
Oh my god, he can't have my breakfast.
天,他不能吃我的早餐。
Yeah.
还行吧。
To be fair, that history lesson was really just about the US and Europe.
讲真,刚才讲的那些历史都只是跟美国和欧洲有关。
But around the world breakfast is important.
问题是,早餐在世界各地都是很重要的一餐。
And the foods vary wildly country to country.
而且各国早餐所吃的东西也是千差万别。
And personally, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, so I really wanted to make this episode.
就我个人而言,早餐是我一天中最喜欢的一餐,所以我真的是很想拍这期视频。
I got to speak to seven people in seven countries to see what breakfast was like around the world.
为了看看世界各地的早餐长什么样,我采访了来自七个国家的七个朋友。
So this is the breakfast episode.
我们这期的主题就是早餐啦。
In making this episode I decided two things.
在拍这期节目的时候,我就下了两个决心。
One, I love eggs, but I'm not looking at egg-led breakfasts.
第一,我喜欢鸡蛋,但我不要拍由鸡蛋主导的早餐。
So no omelets, or frittatas, or quiches.
所以,煎蛋卷,煎饼,或者蛋饼就都pass掉了。
That was my choice.
那是我的选择。
And two, I'm looking at breakfast to redefine my narrow Western scope of what breakfast is.
第二,我研究早餐这事儿是为了开拓视野,不再局限于西式早餐这一种类型。
Before we begin, I wanna say this, I know that seven is a paltry number.
正式开始之前,我想说,我也知道7是一个比较小的数字。
It really doesn't do justice to the amazing diversity of breakfast foods around the world.
完全没有办法代表全世界所有的早餐。
So I'm hoping that maybe the comment section can look a bit like a breakfast menu.
所以,我希望大家能一起帮忙在评论区接龙,搞一个早餐菜单出来好吗?
Let me know what breakfast is like where you live.
让我知道你住的地方的早餐是什么样。
And if you know an amazing recipe, leave it, because I love cooking
如果你还知道非常不错的早餐的做法,那也请您分享出来,因为我很喜欢烹饪,
and I will totally try. Okay.
我一定会尽力尝试的,好吧?
I hope you guys enjoy the video.
希望大家喜欢这期的视频。
Let's do it.
废话不多说,我们开始吧。